U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-17-2011, 11:56 AM
 
185 posts, read 325,358 times
Reputation: 138

Advertisements

I know IL is run by the Chicago liberals who love the illegals but the rest of the state sure doesn't want them. With all of the surrounding states proposing anti-illegal laws alot of people here are wanting to jump on board. Will it ever happen someway, somehow? Or will we have to wait till next election...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-17-2011, 03:17 PM
 
Location: San Diego
32,799 posts, read 30,034,103 times
Reputation: 17687
States are starting to get serious about this problem since the feds won't. Wait and see how fast something gets done when a neighboring State lays out legislation that bars them from working or getting free handouts. The flood of people to that State will leave them no choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-17-2011, 05:45 PM
 
185 posts, read 325,358 times
Reputation: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
States are starting to get serious about this problem since the feds won't. Wait and see how fast something gets done when a neighboring State lays out legislation that bars them from working or getting free handouts. The flood of people to that State will leave them no choice.
You mean, will leave Illinois no choice but to act? I sure hope so. My home of Southern IL is very rural and never had any problem with illegals but now they're starting to pop up all over in the apple orchards/car washes/hotel cleaners. People are getting mad about it but Chicago is what runs this state...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-17-2011, 07:43 PM
 
Location: Maryland
18,563 posts, read 15,771,473 times
Reputation: 6259
If I recall correctly Illinois bucked the national trend last year and the Dems there made strong gains there. So I wouldn't bet on it.

They better hope Indiana's anti-illegal bill stalls or they will get inundated with illegals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-17-2011, 08:57 PM
 
346 posts, read 616,189 times
Reputation: 273
Trust me, this state is run by... "mental incompetents". (I'm trying to be nice.)
While the US became more red after the liberal agenda, Illinois became more blue.
While this is anecdotal, venture into Chicago and note how many "Obama '08" or "Anti-Bush" bumper stickers you'll see.
Many people I know are taught, not surprisingly may I add, in high school and college that the liberal agenda is the way to go and that Republicans are "evil". I kid you not, it is almost insane to see the mentality of people who live here who are brainwashed into thinking that "self-accountability" is evil and heartless. So basically, Chicago will never vote in anti-illegal immigration politicians.

Many Chicago neighborhoods and suburbs have been overrun with illegals here. Some suburbs in particular have had such a large influx that residents began complaining of illegal neighbors not keeping up their homes (because they had about 10 people living in one), but were shut down due to threats of them being "racist".

Also, may I add, we tried to pass a law that prohibited employers from using E-Verify. Yes, you heard me. PROHIBITING E-VERIFY. That was struck down thankfully, and just this year E-Verify was implemented.

Summary: This city is corrupt, our politicians are corrupt, and we are brainwashed into thinking that Republicans are heartless, so anti-illegal immigration laws will never be passed in a city that has its fingers in its ears while we are being spent into bankrupty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2011, 04:22 PM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 16,200,288 times
Reputation: 4611
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimebanjo View Post
I know IL is run by the Chicago liberals who love the illegals but the rest of the state sure doesn't want them. With all of the surrounding states proposing anti-illegal laws alot of people here are wanting to jump on board. Will it ever happen someway, somehow? Or will we have to wait till next election...
Jerry Moore: Maybe there
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2011, 04:34 PM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 16,200,288 times
Reputation: 4611
As long as Luis Gutierrez is Ill, Congressman, you'll have a long fight on your hands.
Gutierrez needs to be voted out of office and only Illinois can do that.

Congressman Luis Gutierrez
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2011, 04:42 PM
 
Location: Spokane via Sydney,Australia
6,611 posts, read 10,946,003 times
Reputation: 3083
Gutierrez also vowed to give up his Senate seat if the Dream Act didn't pass...............we're still waiting.....just another liar
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2011, 09:27 AM
 
2,563 posts, read 3,083,942 times
Reputation: 3720
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
As long as Luis Gutierrez is Ill, Congressman, you'll have a long fight on your hands.
Gutierrez needs to be voted out of office and only Illinois can do that.

Congressman Luis Gutierrez
I'm a Hispanic of Puerto Rican descent just like Mr. Gutierrez. Just last week, I mailed a letter to the congressman to inform him of my disgust and displeasure regarding his favorable position on illegal immigration. I cannot understand how a political functionary, who has sworn to uphold the U.S. Constitution and allegiance to the flag, can openly become the spokesman for criminals who have broken the laws and sovereignty of this country.

As a congressman, his position on illegal immigration should be considered trecherous and impeachable. Although I'm not an Illinois resident, I strongly favor any actions to recall congressman Gutierrez.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2011, 09:49 AM
 
Location: New Hampshire
4,827 posts, read 4,646,310 times
Reputation: 3583
Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_keva View Post
I'm a Hispanic of Puerto Rican descent just like Mr. Gutierrez. Just last week, I mailed a letter to the congressman to inform him of my disgust and displeasure regarding his favorable position on illegal immigration. I cannot understand how a political functionary, who has sworn to uphold the U.S. Constitution and allegiance to the flag, can openly become the spokesman for criminals who have broken the laws and sovereignty of this country.

As a congressman, his position on illegal immigration should be considered trecherous and impeachable. Although I'm not an Illinois resident, I strongly favor any actions to recall congressman Gutierrez.
THANK YOU!!!!! Some common sense is appreciated.

I also don't live in Illinois but that man came to Boston a few weeks ago to preach his nonsense BS. I wish I'd known that beforehand... I would have no problem showing up and giving him a piece of my mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top