U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 04:10 PM

3,855 posts, read 4,114,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Lol, so you do support illegal immigration then? As long as they bunk up in my house, and not yours?
Who in thier right mind supports illegal immigration? I dont even support illegal aliens. I also do not support ingnorance and fear mongering in order to change laws. I dont have any fantasy idea of a 1950's style America that we are somehow losing because of illegal immigrants. I know its bull**** that this nation is broke because of illegal aliens. Likewise almost every dip-s hit claim made blamming this Nation's problems on illegals.

I have no hate for illegals, I have a problem with racists and bigots who masquerad and sell themselves as "Patriots". I will never consider a racist or bigot a patriot. Racism and bigotry goes against every principle this Nation stands for. Its far far worse to be a racist or a bigot than being in this Country without authorization[illegal].

I have no problem with any current immigration law-State or Federal- or its implementation so long as it doesnt violate any federal law or constitutional right. Likewise, I dont have any problem with any law that affords illegal aliens protection or benefit.

Its this nation's tradition to decide issues on a majority vote...But those that pander fear, instead of facts and debate, in order to gain voter favor...are cowards.

Old 02-20-2011, 04:34 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,232,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Who in thier right mind supports illegal immigration? I dont even support illegal aliens. I also do not support ingnorance and fear mongering in order to change laws. I dont have any fantasy idea of a 1950's style America that we are somehow losing because of illegal immigrants. I know its bull**** that this nation is broke because of illegal aliens. Likewise almost every dip-s hit claim made blamming this Nation's problems on illegals.

I have no hate for illegals, I have a problem with racists and bigots who masquerad and sell themselves as "Patriots". I will never consider a racist or bigot a patriot. Racism and bigotry goes against every principle this Nation stands for. Its far far worse to be a racist or a bigot than being in this Country without authorization[illegal].

I have no problem with any current immigration law-State or Federal- or its implementation so long as it doesnt violate any federal law or constitutional right. Likewise, I dont have any problem with any law that affords illegal aliens protection or benefit.

Its this nation's tradition to decide issues on a majority vote...But those that pander fear, instead of facts and debate, in order to gain voter favor...are cowards.
There is no ignorance or fear mongering in changing any laws that encourage or assist illegal aliens to come here or remain here. Changes need to be made to stop this invasion and for what is in the best interests of this country.

We the people do not get to vote on immigration issues. It is the pro-illegals who pander fear by claiming that our country would fall apart without them. The Democrats are the most guilty of pandering for voter favor. In this case they know that many if not most Hispanic citizens are advocates for illegal aliens and if they legalize the illegal ones they will become Democrats most likely as most minorities are.

No one is saying that the entire country is broke or that our nation's entire woes are due to illegal aliens but don't go sticking your head in the sand by denying that they are contributing to this nation's woes and financial problems either.

The vast majority of Americans are not racists or bigots for wanting our immigration laws enforced but the pro-illegals dwell on the handful that are because they have no logical reason to defend illegal aliens. They think that focusing on and harping on a few racists or bigots will make the entire anti-illegal immigration movement look bad and that is their goal.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or