U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 04:14 PM

951 posts, read 616,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Once again, they aren't "immigrants" but illegal aliens. A whole world of difference.

Please provide "viable" stats that illegal aliens are a benefit to our country. Benicar, already gave you stats to the contrary.
LOL. The studies all state, immigrants illegal or legal, are less likely to commit crime. Maybe you should actually, you know read.

Quote:
Reasons for not letting them come here? Well for one we already allow in 1.5 lmillion legal immigrants per year based on the best interests of this country. Should we allow in as many that want to come in spite of that? How about the rule of law? Does that grab at your conscience at all assuming you are a loyal American?
We should allow as many that want to come provided they are here to work and pass a criminal background check.

Let's play a game: You already got the free spot, no need to give the "but they are illegal" bit again. Oh, you get the "only thing you can do is call me racist" spot already too. Quick start.

Also, please quote Bernicar's stats you were referencing, preferrably with a citation/source.

Old 05-24-2011, 04:20 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,144,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
LOL. The studies all state, immigrants illegal or legal, are less likely to commit crime. Maybe you should actually, you know read.

We should allow as many that want to come provided they are here to work and pass a criminal background check.

Let's play a game:
I didn't ask about crime rates. I asked how they are a benefit. You know, economically comparing their tax contributions to their overall social costs.

You really need to educated yourself on the perils of population growth via uncontrolled immigration, especially illegal immigration. You need to educate yourself about our limited job availablility, resources and social infrastructures. So no, I am not going to play a game with someone who is so ill-informed and so illogical.

Old 05-24-2011, 04:25 PM

Quote:
I didn't ask about crime rates. I asked how they are a benefit. You know, economically comparing their tax contributions to their overall social costs.
Oh, you didn't try and discredit my source by saying they are "illegal aliens" instead of "immigrants"? Rofl.

Anyway, they pay billions in taxes and Social Security that they won't ever be able to claim. They work jobs that American citizens aren't willing to do. A pool of cheap labor willing to work hard is very, very good for the economy. It allows many basic goods and services to be cheap, and allow us to spend our money elsewhere, which encourages growth. Growth produces jobs.

Quote:
You really need to educated yourself on the perils of population growth via uncontrolled immigration, especially illegal immigration. You need to educate yourself about our limited job availablility, resources and social infrastructures. So no, I am not going to play a game with someone who is so ill-informed and so illogical.
Mhmmm. Please enlighten me. Also, they don't receive welfare or food stamps like your Benicar buddy already stated. I'm thinking it's you guys that need to educate yourself on facts instead of rhetoric. I'm going to need legitimate sources to believe anything else he says since he already failed on the welfare/food stamp gambit.

Last edited by huddledmasses; 05-24-2011 at 04:38 PM..

Old 05-24-2011, 04:27 PM

Quote:

Let's play a game: You already got the free spot, no need to give the "but they are illegal" bit again. Oh, you get the "only thing you can do is call me racist" spot already too. Quick start.

Also, please quote Bernicar's stats you were referencing, preferrably with a citation/source.
Benicar can provide them herself or go back and find them yourself. She has posted them in here many times.

As for your little bingo game, I can substitute all the excuses you pro-illegals make in each square to justify their presence here also. There is no justification including your race card pulling squares.

Old 05-24-2011, 04:42 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,878,727 times
Quote:
They pay billions in taxes and Social Security that they won't ever be able to claim. They work jobs that American citizens aren't willing to do. A pool of cheap labor willing to work hard is very, very good for the economy. It allows many basic goods and services to be cheap, and allow us to spend our money elsewhere, which encourages growth. Growth produces jobs.

Mhmmm. Please enlighten me. Also, they don't receive welfare or food stamps like your Benicar buddy already stated. I'm thinking it's you guys that need to educate yourself on facts instead of rhetoric. I'm going to need legitimate sources to believe anything else he says since he already failed on the welfare/food stamp gambit.
1. They pay billions. How do we know what they actually pay? If we knew that we would be able to round them all up.
2.They work jobs legal citizens arent willing to do. Thats a myth. They work for less and below standard wages. In other words they low ball the wages.
3.It allows many basic goods and services to be cheap. Thats assuming the cost savings are actually passed on to the consumer. How do we verify this?
They do recieve food stamps and welfare due to their anchor baby children. These children also recieve school lunches on the tax payers dime.
Add to the above unpaid ER visits.

Old 05-24-2011, 04:42 PM

Quote:
They pay billions in taxes and Social Security that they won't ever be able to claim. They work jobs that American citizens aren't willing to do. A pool of cheap labor willing to work hard is very, very good for the economy. It allows many basic goods and services to be cheap, and allow us to spend our money elsewhere, which encourages growth. Growth produces jobs.

There is no enlightening someone who lacks common sense and has an agenda. They are here working illegally so I don't give a hoot what taxes they don't get back. Consider it helping to pay for their enormous social costs. There are no jobs an American won't do for a fair wage. Even for agricultural workers there are H-2A visas available for foreigner workers to come legally.

No, a pool of cheap illegal labor only puts additional profits in the greedy employers pockets. They pass little on the consumer in savings but they do pass on to us their social costs in the way of additional taxes.

Yes, they do get welfare and food stamps through their anchor babies.

You're the one who needs to educate yourself and to stand up for the rule of law if you are a loyal American.

Old 05-24-2011, 04:50 PM

10,032 posts, read 6,858,327 times
Quote:
Well when you guys are complaining about stuff illegals don't receive (healthcare or welfare, foodstamps). It makes you look xenophobic. Do you have like you know, legitimate non-xenophobic reasons for not wanting them here? Look forward to some citations about how they are fleecing America.

Quote:
In California, illegal immigrants account for about 1,350 of the 61,000 people on dialysis. Their treatment cost taxpayers $51 million last year.
Nation & World | States find dialysis for illegal immigrants a costly dilemma | Seattle Times Newspaper

Perhaps you've also heard about Barack Obama's illegal alien aunt who was living in public housing in Boston.

So....what else have you got?

That's rhetorical BTW....

Old 05-24-2011, 04:59 PM

Quote:
There is no enlightening someone who lacks common sense and has an agenda.
Apparently, wow where do I start?

Quote:
They are here working illegally so I don't give a hoot what taxes they don't get back.
Free spot on bingo board is already given buddy. No need to keep regurgitating the "they are here illegal" bit.

If we had open immigration and they could come here legally as long as they were working and passed a criminal check would you be ok with that? If so, then it's pretty silly to just blindly obey a law that has no need. There are many laws that were unjust (slavery, women's voting, etc. etc.) and needed to change. If you don't think we should have open immigration then them being simply illegal isn't your excuse.

Quote:
Consider it helping to pay for their enormous social costs. There are no jobs an American won't do for a fair wage. Even for agricultural workers there are H-2A visas available for foreigner workers to come legally.
Yea I forgot, the welfare and food stamps they don't qualify for. Oh and the emergency room visits (that's all the health care they qualify for btw). I heard they wanted to rob our health care so they came over here to get in horrible accidents or get deathly sick just to stick it to the man.

Do you realize how hard it is for a blue collar immigrant to get a visa? I don't think you do.

Quote:
No, a pool of cheap illegal labor only puts additional profits in the greedy employers pockets. They pass little on the consumer in savings but they do pass on to us their social costs in the way of additional taxes.
wat

Quote:
Yes, they do get welfare and food stamps through their anchor babies.
ANCHOR BABIES!!! Spot on the bingo board. You realize the mother gets to control the welfare and food stamps her child, an American citizen receives right? Do you hate Americans?

Old 05-24-2011, 04:59 PM

254 posts, read 520,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
1. They pay billions. How do we know what they actually pay? If we knew that we would be able to round them all up.
2.They work jobs legal citizens arent willing to do. Thats a myth. They work for less and below standard wages. In other words they low ball the wages.
3.It allows many basic goods and services to be cheap. Thats assuming the cost savings are actually passed on to the consumer. How do we verify this?
They do recieve food stamps and welfare due to their anchor baby children. These children also recieve school lunches on the tax payers dime.
Add to the above unpaid ER visits.
The IRS actually has the information, but I believe there is some kind of sharing information restriction between the INS and the IRS...

Old 05-24-2011, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Nation & World | States find dialysis for illegal immigrants a costly dilemma | Seattle Times Newspaper

Perhaps you've also heard about Barack Obama's illegal alien aunt who was living in public housing in Boston.

So....what else have you got?

That's rhetorical BTW....

Yes your study shows states incur costs, now show where they outweigh the federal benefits the illegals bring in. I mean, I'm pretty sure I said NET benefit to our economy didn't I? Do you know what that means?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or