Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 06:05 PM

951 posts, read 742,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
1. They pay billions. How do we know what they actually pay? If we knew that we would be able to round them all up.
2.They work jobs legal citizens arent willing to do. Thats a myth. They work for less and below standard wages. In other words they low ball the wages.
Um....no.

Approximately 75% pay taxes via false SS numbers meaning they 1. pay billions and 2. make at least minimum wage.

Many illegal immigrants pay up at tax time - USATODAY.com

Quote:
3.It allows many basic goods and services to be cheap. Thats assuming the cost savings are actually passed on to the consumer. How do we verify this?
They do recieve food stamps and welfare due to their anchor baby children. These children also recieve school lunches on the tax payers dime.
Add to the above unpaid ER visits.
3. Learn basic economy 101 probably.

Anchor babies are American citizens who will grow up and if they are getting an education, eventually pay for their schooling themselves and then some via their own taxes. Pretty dishonest to try and claim these as costs.

Old 05-24-2011, 06:13 PM

50,076 posts, read 46,640,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
OK.

A Mythical Florida Mom (And Other False Claims About Immigrants) | FactCheck.org

//www.immigrationpolicy.org/just-facts/immigrants-and-crime-are-they-connected-century-research-finds-crime-rates-immigrants-are

Next.

They are a net benefit on the economy of our country. But please, let's hear your reasons for not letting them come here. It will be far more entertaining.
Of course! Why can't we see this. States should be COMPETING for illegals like some kind of auction. Why didn't we think of this before. It's not fair for CA to hog all of the net plus they bring. I can't believe States aren't fighting over them. Finally, something to replace the .com era. What should we call our new website? Ebay is taken. Alienbay?

Old 05-24-2011, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Um....no.

Approximately 75% pay taxes via false SS numbers meaning they 1. pay billions and 2. make at least minimum wage.

Many illegal immigrants pay up at tax time - USATODAY.com

3. Learn basic economy 101 probably.

Anchor babies are American citizens who will grow up and if they are getting an education, eventually pay for their schooling themselves and then some via their own taxes. Pretty dishonest to try and claim these as costs.
I get it now. The anchor kids would still be here even if their Parents didn't cross illegally. Brilliant! Well, we've solved the old , "chicken or the egg" problem once and for all.

So, how do they accomplish this, do they chuck them over the fence?

Last edited by 1AngryTaxPayer; 05-24-2011 at 06:25 PM..

Old 05-24-2011, 06:18 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,274,071 times
Quote:
Apparently, wow where do I start?

Free spot on bingo board is already given buddy. No need to keep regurgitating the "they are here illegal" bit.

If we had open immigration and they could come here legally as long as they were working and passed a criminal check would you be ok with that? If so, then it's pretty silly to just blindly obey a law that has no need. There are many laws that were unjust (slavery, women's voting, etc. etc.) and needed to change. If you don't think we should have open immigration then them being simply illegal isn't your excuse.

Yea I forgot, the welfare and food stamps they don't qualify for. Oh and the emergency room visits (that's all the health care they qualify for btw). I heard they wanted to rob our health care so they came over here to get in horrible accidents or get deathly sick just to stick it to the man.

Do you realize how hard it is for a blue collar immigrant to get a visa? I don't think you do.

wat

ANCHOR BABIES!!! Spot on the bingo board. You realize the mother gets to control the welfare and food stamps her child, an American citizen receives right? Do you hate Americans?
Yes, we need to keep saying "they are illegal" because that IS the bottom line. Our immigration quotas are not unjust because they are based on the best interests of this country without negatively impacting our own citizens. So no, I am not for anyone coming here that wants to because they want a job and could pass a background check. It is about the "numbers". What part of that don't you get?

Your being silly now. Many may not come specifically to tap into our healthcare but if an accident does happen, they get sick or they give birth on our soil they become a tax burden to us. It is the consquences of them coming here illegally in the first place.

I don't care how hard it is for a blue collar worker to get a visa. It is because we have enough blue collar workers of our own that need those jobs aka legal immigration quotas for certain catagories. Why don't they stay in their own countries and fix them instead of invading ours?

So what that the illegal mother gets to control the welfare and food stamps she gets through her anchors? She still receives them, doesn't she via her illegal act of coming here in the first place. I don't hate anybody. Least of all "loyal" Americans. I do feel disgust towards these illegal aliens and the scam that they are doing though. Is that so odd?

Why do you hate Americans so much that you think that illegal aliens should be able to disrespect our immigration laws with impunity and fleece the American tax payer?

Old 05-24-2011, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I get it now.
No, I don't think you do.

They are coming here to work, because some happen to have kids that end up being citizens makes your skin crawl I know.

Old 05-24-2011, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post

blah blah blah

Why do you hate Americans so much that you think that illegal aliens should be able to disrespect our immigration laws with impunity and fleece the American tax payer?
I'm still waiting for these stats showing us getting fleeced by them.

I have to hate Americans to understand how someone with a family will cross an imaginary line to get a job to avoid starving? Wow. 10 year waits are not uncommon. Do you just hang out with your family in Mexico if you were there? I'm jumping the border in a heartbeat to provide for my loved ones if I can't come in legally.

Also, you act like there aren't jobs available for them here but that isn't the case. Immigration flow has been proven to be largely influenced by economic situations and job availability. If there weren't jobs for them they wouldn't be coming here and working.

Old 05-24-2011, 06:24 PM

Quote:
No, I don't think you do.

They are coming here to work, because some happen to have kids that end up being citizens makes your skin crawl I know.
I have this whole issue thing about breaking laws. Evidently you do not. You a DREAMer?

Old 05-24-2011, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I have this whole issue thing about breaking laws. Evidently you do not. You a DREAMer?
So we simply allow more to get work visas and they are legal. Simple.

In fact, to get over your guys inability to actually come up with reasons other than they are illegal let's imagine Obama enacted open immigration with a background check as a prerequisite. Why don't you want them coming here legally?

Old 05-24-2011, 06:38 PM

Quote:
I'm still waiting for these stats showing us getting fleeced by them.

I have to hate Americans to understand how someone with a family will cross an imaginary line to get a job to avoid starving? Wow. 10 year waits are not uncommon. Do you just hang out with your family in Mexico if you were there? I'm jumping the border in a heartbeat to provide for my loved ones if I can't come in legally.

Also, you act like there aren't jobs available for them here but that isn't the case. Immigration flow has been proven to be largely influenced by economic situations and job availability. If there weren't jobs for them they wouldn't be coming here and working.
Imaginary line? It's called a soveirgn border. All countries have them and all countries control the number of immigrants they take in for the obvious reasons (well obvious to everyone but you apparently).

Most illegal aliens coming here are not starving. They come because our jobs pay more and we are essentially a welfare country that they can tap into. None of that noble crap flies with me.

The only jobs available to them are those given by greedy, unlawful employers while giving the shaft to American workers and you're ok with that?

Old 05-24-2011, 06:42 PM

Quote:
So we simply allow more to get work visas and they are legal. Simple.

In fact, to get over your guys inability to actually come up with reasons other than they are illegal let's imagine Obama enacted open immigration with a background check as a prerequisite. Why don't you want them coming here legally?
No, it ISN'T that simple. We already allot the number of visas to immigrants that we can accomodate in jobs and resources without it negatively impacting our own citizens. Again, what part of that don't you get?

I've given you many reasons other than "that they are illegal" (although the rule of law is the only reason anyone actually needs). Did you miss those numerous posts I made? Funny, you replied to them. Re-read my first paragraph in this post for a clue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration