Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 07:29 PM

50,275 posts, read 47,032,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
Sounds like the AZ talk. They'd have us think it was a war zone there. Meanwhile, as illegals were pouring into the country supposedly PolitiFact | Bloomberg's Al Hunt says crime is down in Arizona
I guess you didn't notice my City as San Diego. Would you like links to the LA or SD lists of 10 most wanted? Guess who make up a large portion of those people? Hint, they aren't American and they aren't here legally.

Old 05-24-2011, 07:29 PM

951 posts, read 745,375 times
Ummmm.....every source I've provided is a gov't source or the story links to gov't sources. Try again.

Old 05-24-2011, 07:33 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,847,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
...We already allot the number of visas to immigrants that we can accomodate in jobs and resources without it negatively impacting our own citizens...
Not entirely - Two-thirds of Immigrant Visas are family-based, a relationship to a U.S. citizen (able to sponsor them) or Legal Permanent Resident. Most of those categories do not have quotas. An earlier number of 1.5 million per year is inaccurate - In recent years it has been an average of about 1.1 million.

Old 05-24-2011, 07:34 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,560,802 times
Quote:
Ummmm.....every source I've provided is a gov't source or the story links to gov't sources. Try again.
Bull! Now, try again. This time, post the study, the methodology, and the link to the IRS, DHS, SSA, Bureau of Prisons, Department of Education, and Health and Human Services. Nothing else will suffice. Enjoy your search.

Old 05-24-2011, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I guess you didn't notice my City as San Diego. Would you like links to the LA or SD lists of 10 most wanted? Guess who make up a large portion of those people? Hint, they aren't American and they aren't here legally.

LOL. I have friends there it sounds like hell. Oh wait, crime is down there too.

Quote:
In San Diego, the number of violent crimes — murder, rape, robbery and aggravated assault — dropped 5.3 percent from the previous year and the number of property crimes — burglary, theft and vehicle theft — dropped 4.6 percent. (Nationwide, violent crime dropped 5.5 percent and property crimes were down 2.8 percent.)
San Diego stood out in at least one crime category, though. Police reported 29 murders last year, a 29 percent drop from the previous year and the lowest number since 1963. It was a steeper drop than all other major cities and far greater than the nationwide drop, 4.4 percent.
San Diego also continued to have one of the lowest violent crime rates among major cities, with 428 crimes per 100,000 residents. Only San Jose had a lower rate, with 331 crimes per capita. By comparison, the average for major cities was 700 crimes per capita.
Understanding San Diego's Crime Drop - voiceofsandiego.org: Data-drive

Notice the story links to the FBI Stats.

Extra lulz for the story being released today!

This is btw like a striking example of xenophobia and/or racism. All the evidence says the opposite of your claims but you still want to tell me it's all the illegal brown people's fault.

Last edited by huddledmasses; 05-24-2011 at 07:47 PM..

Old 05-24-2011, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Bull! Now, try again. This time, post the study, the methodology, and the link to the IRS, DHS, SSA, Bureau of Prisons, Department of Education, and Health and Human Services. Nothing else will suffice. Enjoy your search.

The links are valid gov't studies or links to the studies are included in the story. If you have something to refute in them or the links they provide feel free. If you want to stick your head in the sand and ignore facts well then go ahead also.

Old 05-24-2011, 07:42 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,317,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Not entirely - Two-thirds of Immigrant Visas are family-based, a relationship to a U.S. citizen (able to sponsor them) or Legal Permanent Resident. Most of those categories do not have quotas. An earlier number of 1.5 million per year is inaccurate - In recent years it has been an average of about 1.1 million.
Well then since some are claiming in here that we need more immigrant workers perhaps they should reduce the number of family-based visas and increase it for those only seeking work so we are in keeping with a reasonable population growth and the big worker shortage we supposedly have.

Old 05-24-2011, 07:51 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,560,802 times
Quote:
The links are valid gov't studies or links to the studies are included in the story. If you have something to refute in them or the links they provide feel free. If you want to stick your head in the sand and ignore facts well then go ahead also.
The following are your so-called government studies. Not one is from a government agency. And, please don’t tell me you consider the CBO credible. If so, you are incredibly naive.

Now, where is the data from the IRS, DHS, SSA, Bureau of Prisons, Department of Education, and Health and Human Services? Links?

Quote:
Um....no.

Approximately 75% pay taxes via false SS numbers meaning they 1. pay billions and 2. make at least minimum wage.

Many illegal immigrants pay up at tax time - USATODAY.com

3. Learn basic economy 101 probably.

Anchor babies are American citizens who will grow up and if they are getting an education, eventually pay for their schooling themselves and then some via their own taxes. Pretty dishonest to try and claim these as costs.
Quote:
coolstorybro.jpg

Perhaps you should read the article I linked where the spokespeople for the S.S. and IRS said exactly the opposite of your claim.
Quote:
Sounds like the AZ talk. They'd have us think it was a war zone there. Meanwhile, as illegals were pouring into the country supposedly PolitiFact | Bloomberg's Al Hunt says crime is down in Arizona
Quote:
Immigrants and Crime: Are They Connected? A Century of Research Finds that Crime Rates for Immigrants are Lower than for the Native-Born | Immigration Policy Center - Note the part where they state multiple studies. I've also heard a gov't official state every study done shows that this is true. Feel free to provide other evidence.

pdf
http://www.immigrationpolicy.org/sit...2012-12-07.pdf
Quote:
LOL. I have friends there it sounds like hell. Oh wait, crime is down there too.

Understanding San Diego's Crime Drop - voiceofsandiego.org: Data-drive

Notice the story links to the FBI Stats.

Extra lulz for the story being released today!

Old 05-24-2011, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
The following are your so-called government studies. Not one is from a government agency. And, please don’t tell me you consider the CBO credible. If so, you are incredibly naive.

The Politifact article links to an AZ Gov't report and an FBI report. The last article links to FBI stats released recently. I mean, the Immigration Crime page links to several studies, 1 of which is from the Department of Justice titled "On Immigration and Crime" rofl.

Old 05-24-2011, 08:25 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,490,961 times
The Moderator needs to lock this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration