U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-03-2011, 09:28 AM
 
Location: El Paso, TX
3,302 posts, read 3,763,673 times
Reputation: 2524

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
No, after being in this forum for awhile myself and others have been able to read between the lines with these people. After a few of their posts there is no doubt what they really stand for.
Again, reading between the lines? That is what in reality is called assumption. You know what they say of the word assume, correct?

Also assumptions usually are greatly influenced by personal biases and views so the point that others came up with the same conclusion you said could simply mean that some of you share some views.

If I add 2 apples with 2 other apples and say I have four apples it is very the likelyhood everybody in the forum will agree is extremely high. Pretty much it is not open for subjectivity. You said other see it as you do, however, not everybody as in adding the apples. In my opinion you introduced subjectivity into the what he wrote by putting word in what he wrote.
However, when I write anything and you comment it by saying anything I did not say it is open to assumptions, that is plain and simple.

If the writer tell clearly tells you his intent and you still do not believe him you are either wright or wrong.

He is either lying or not.

Are you saying he is lying and not being honest on his intent?

If you say you do not believe him, go ahead but to say he is saying something he is not it is an assumption and that means what he said was interpreted. If you want to put an interpretation on what he said despite his claims, Ok, go ahead, take care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-03-2011, 09:29 AM
 
2,113 posts, read 2,246,951 times
Reputation: 1758
[quote=twiggy;18113551][quote=chicagonut;18113151]
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggy View Post

And I reiterate you don't brake laws hoping that they will change in the future. The plight of black Americans has nothing to do with our right to enforce our immigration laws. Black Americans were citizens, illegals are not!

Do you not realize that blacks were not citizens when they came to our country, they were slaves, captives sold, with no rights as citizens.
Do you realize that they fought for their rights illegally, were thrown into jail repeatedly in order to draw attention and change the laws?
Did you have a history class in your school?
How offensive. Blacks were brought here against their will. They didn't sneak here and forge documents and help themselves to all these social benefits at the taxpayer's expense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2011, 09:32 AM
 
3,884 posts, read 8,772,953 times
Reputation: 1473
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
If you had a notion to keep up with today' events, you'd know that "Tyson Foods" has sided with ICE and stopped hiring illegal workers..

TYSON FOODS, IMMIGRATION OFFICIALS PARTNER
Yes, but they still lobby for reform in their favor.
A proposal for stronger immigration reform based on human, civil and labor rights for all | Jackson Advocate | Find Articles at BNET
If you all keep these companies in line though you might have a chance. That's my point, don't consume illegally tainted goods. Then, and maybe then you might start to make a case.

With the recent threats at Tyson I'm surprised they don't have ICE and the ARMY stationed right outside their door. lol

Fear that graffiti might be terror threat at Tyson’s Food in Shelbyville, TN Refugee Resettlement Watch
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2011, 09:35 AM
 
Location: in your dreams
10,892 posts, read 13,047,453 times
Reputation: 15317
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
If you had a notion to keep up with today' events, you'd know that "Tyson Foods" has sided with ICE and stopped hiring illegal workers..

TYSON FOODS, IMMIGRATION OFFICIALS PARTNER
That doesn't change the fact that Tyson's reputation is already completely tarnished from other things like the cruel and inhumane treatment of their chickens, excessive hormones & antibiotics, and bribing government officials, etc.... but that's another story!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2011, 09:40 AM
 
3,884 posts, read 8,772,953 times
Reputation: 1473
[quote=Cindy_Jole;18114622][quote=twiggy;18113551]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
How offensive. Blacks were brought here against their will. They didn't sneak here and forge documents and help themselves to all these social benefits at the taxpayer's expense.
You are right! But, that isn't what I referenced it about. My reference had nothing to do with comparing blacks plight to illegal immigrants plight.
I'll big type it for you as an aid :
BLACKS HAD TO BREAK LAWS TO GAIN ATTENTION, SO THEY COULD CHANGE THE LAW. THAT IS THE COMPARISON, NOT THAT ILLEGALS ARE SLAVES, I REPEAT, IT IS IN REFERENCE TO CHANGING LAWS.

Illegals break the law in hopes of changing it. They don't want it to be illegal in the future! If you've read the convo all the way through I think you'd get that "lightbulb".

"The day Rosa Parks was arrested for refusing to give up her seat, the NAACP knew that she was the perfent test case.

After Rosa Parks was taken to jail and fingerprinted she was allowed one phone call, which she made to her Reverend, E.B Nixon. He was the president of the NAACP in Montgomery, Alabama. Nixon called the Washington D.C. NAACP, who decided that they needed to "move on it today. " The next calls were to Reverend A. Philip Randolph and Reverend Martin L. King. From there, they decided they were going to hold an eight o'clock meeting at the local Baptist church in Montgomery. That night, they agreed that they were going to start the protest on December 5, the day of Rosa Parks' trial. The next day, flyers were passed out to every black elementary, junior high, and high school in Montgomery, that announced a protest to be held December 5 in front of the court house. There were also signs posted on every bus stop, that read, "Don't ride the bus today, don't ride it for freedom." This was the beginning of the Montgomery Bus Boycott, which effected U.S. history, and specifically rights for blacks, forever."

MONTGOMERY BUS BOYCOTT


I used Cancer victims smoking pot as a reference to changing laws as well but you're not all caught up with that. Same thing.........*-*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2011, 09:40 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,166,436 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by elamigo View Post
Again, reading between the lines? That is what in reality is called assumption. You know what they say of the word assume, correct?

Also assumptions usually are greatly influenced by personal biases and views so the point that others came up with the same conclusion you said could simply mean that some of you share some views.

If I add 2 apples with 2 other apples and say I have four apples it is very the likelyhood everybody in the forum will agree is extremely high. Pretty much it is not open for subjectivity. You said other see it as you do, however, not everybody as in adding the apples. In my opinion you introduced subjectivity into the what he wrote by putting word in what he wrote.
However, when I write anything and you comment it by saying anything I did not say it is open to assumptions, that is plain and simple.

If the writer tell clearly tells you his intent and you still do not believe him you are either wright or wrong.

He is either lying or not.

Are you saying he is lying and not being honest on his intent?

If you say you do not believe him, go ahead but to say he is saying something he is not it is an assumption and that means what he said was interpreted. If you want to put an interpretation on what he said despite his claims, Ok, go ahead, take care.
The hard evidence by their words in defense of illegal aliens is not an assumption. Some in here are claiming that this issue isn't even of importance to them. If that were so, they wouldn't be posting in an illegal immigration forum and laughing at, taunting and insulting those of us who are opposed to illegal immigration. I rest my case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2011, 09:42 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,166,436 times
Reputation: 2130
[quote=twiggy;18114401][quote=chicagonut;18113770]
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggy View Post

Well, this was in reference to breaking the laws at first in order to promote changing them, I was answering your statement. And I reiterate you don't brake laws hoping that they will change in the future. The plight of black Americans has nothing to do with our right to enforce our immigration laws. Black Americans were citizens, illegals are not!

Illegals come regardless of the law hoping it will promote change.
Illegals have no right to promote change in OUR country. Only citizens do. Why don't they promote change in their own countries?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2011, 09:48 AM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 16,234,181 times
Reputation: 4611
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
That doesn't change the fact that Tyson's reputation is already completely tarnished from other things like the cruel and inhumane treatment of their chickens, excessive hormones & antibiotics, and bribing government officials, etc.... but that's another story!
That's right, it's another story, and it's has nothing to do with your previous post about supporting illegal immigration.

So stop trying to devert the issue at hand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2011, 09:48 AM
 
2,113 posts, read 2,246,951 times
Reputation: 1758
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggy View Post

You are right! But, that isn't what I referenced it about. My reference had nothing to do with comparing blacks plight to illegal immigrants plight.
I'll big type it for you as an aid :
BLACKS HAD TO BREAK LAWS TO GAIN ATTENTION, SO THEY COULD CHANGE THE LAW. THAT IS THE COMPARISON, NOT THAT ILLEGALS ARE SLAVES, I REPEAT, IT IS IN REFERENCE TO CHANGING LAWS.

Illegals break the law in hopes of changing it. They don't want it to be illegal in the future! If you've read the convo all the way through I think you'd get that "lightbulb".

"The day Rosa Parks was arrested for refusing to give up her seat, the NAACP knew that she was the perfent test case.
You're not getting it and please don't use Rosa Parks' name in such a disrespectful manner.

Bottom line is, illegals broke the law to come here. Blacks did not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2011, 09:48 AM
 
Location: in your dreams
10,892 posts, read 13,047,453 times
Reputation: 15317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
Blacks were brought here against their will. They didn't sneak here and forge documents and help themselves to all these social benefits at the taxpayer's expense.

True, but they weren't just accepted into society overnight either.

I'm sure some of the people making a fuss over the hispanic crowd are the same people who make a fuss over those same black "citizens" being on welfare.

Is that not "helping themselves to social benefits at the taxpayer's expense?"

Ah, touche'!

Just pointing out the consistent hypocrisies here...

(For the record, I don't give a **** about welfare, either. lol )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top