U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-03-2011, 03:51 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,250,037 times
Reputation: 2130

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
I live in the south, what do you expect?! I hear dumb sh** on the regular. It's disturbing.

That's not me trying to smear anybody's campaign. That's me saying hey, there's alot of people that might "act cool" but sling racial slurs when nobody's around.

To me, being fake as hell is an issue.

Now don't go and take that personally, unless it applies.
Yeah, and I live in the southwest where I have overhead Hispanics demonizing white and black people also so what is your point? I know that many Hispanics aren't that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-03-2011, 04:23 PM
 
Location: El Paso, TX
3,306 posts, read 3,788,496 times
Reputation: 2529
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Nice attempt at a spin on this. First off no one goes into an illegal immigration forum and claims illegal immigration hardly registers on their radar and pokes fun at and laughs at other's opinions who do find it a very serious problem. We have been down this road many times in this forum and the only reason a person does that is to bait, pull the race card and insult because they are actually advocates for illegal aliens in spite of them trying to hide it. Eventually they can't hide their advocacy anymore becaue they start using the same old pro-illegal lines. If illegal immigration isn't on their radar then they wouldn't be posting in an illegal immigration forum except for the ulterior motives above.

I happen to know one of the people doing that right now and she a BS artist with a "personal" connection to illegals/Mexicans. I have read her posts in other forums so she can't BS me in here.
You may not like her methods and you may have reason to take issue for how she interacts. I am not getting in the middle of that one. I am simply sticking to the OP itself and what the question was on the point made, no more no less. If you are taking this personal and calling my comment as spin, it is not. Your type of comment like "No one..." is the type politicians make. Really? No one? How do you know? "No one" because is an approach you do not like on the views she has on the subject?

I covered her point based on what she wrote without putting words in the OP, did I? You did, however. Now, if you did because you have some type of past history interacting, OK, go for it, take care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2011, 04:45 PM
 
3,884 posts, read 8,808,968 times
Reputation: 1473
Quote:
Originally Posted by elamigo View Post
You may not like her methods and you may have reason to take issue for how she interacts. I am not getting in the middle of that one. I am simply sticking to the OP itself and what the question was on the point made, no more no less. If you are taking this personal and calling my comment as spin, it is not. Your type of comment like "No one..." is the type politicians make. Really? No one? How do you know? "No one" because is an approach you do not like on the views she has on the subject?

I covered her point based on what she wrote without putting words in the OP, did I? You did, however. Now, if you did because you have some type of past history interacting, OK, go for it, take care.
I'm not sure but if you are talking about me i will reply:
Sorry, but I don't know this person at all and have no idea what he or she thinks she knows. It's simply not true, we have never had interacting on any other forum, I only go on here, only this one have I ever run into the nut.
I think their objective has been accomplished though, we are no longer on topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-04-2011, 03:46 AM
Yac
 
5,893 posts, read 6,350,939 times
26 deleted posts later, I'd like to ask everyone that comes here to either contribute to the topic or remain silent. And despite some attempts to hijack this thread, I'm not going to close it. Discussion is important, especially if there are multiple different opinions on the same issue present. So while I'm at it, I'd like to ask some of you to be a bit more humble. No one has the monopoly on truth, yet I'm constantly seeing people here waging holy wars.
Yac.
__________________
Forum Rules
City-Data.com homepage
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-04-2011, 07:46 AM
 
3,884 posts, read 8,808,968 times
Reputation: 1473
Sorry Yac, I totally went ballistic...........you are very patient, my fault, won't happen again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2011, 09:50 AM
 
Location: in your dreams
10,892 posts, read 13,144,308 times
Reputation: 15318
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Yeah, and I live in the southwest where I have overhead Hispanics demonizing white and black people also so what is your point?
I guess I'm fortunate to not have anyone personally demonizing me. I thank God for that.

I do not consider myself the type of "white or black people" Hispanics would "demonize" anyway. So that doesn't bother me. In fact, I would probably agree with them.

I just don't view people from other countries as my enemy, or their presence in my country a nuisance. I enjoy the diversity, and I understand that citizenship is very expensive & time consuming, so I will give them the benefit of the doubt in working towards that while here in the United States. It's their life, & I won't tell them how to live it.

Our ancestors were all immigrants in this country at one point in time, and suffered many hardships we take for granted today as U.S. citizens. Everyone should be given the same opportunity now to provide better lives for themselves and their families. Life is never easy, and we often fail to acknowledge what real suffering and poverty feels like...and to what extent our own survival would drive us to.

If it means the difference between life & death for their family, then I choose life. Whatever the risk, whatever the cost.

So, you can give illegal immigrants the middle finger all day from your computer, but will you do the same to their face when they are standing right beside you?.....

They are people just like you and me, and I like to treat people with respect, since that is how I would like to be treated if the shoe was on the other foot.

These are my opinions, and you do not have to agree with them, or be offended by them.

Peace.

"How people treat you is their karma, how you react is yours."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2011, 05:33 PM
 
3,269 posts, read 4,704,736 times
Reputation: 1376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Since you “don’t care” about this issue, I imagine you “won’t care” if we actually begin to enforce our laws.
Great! Enforce away! Everyone here should be legal. That's why it's the law

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
BTW, where the heck have you been? We have had “legal” workers crossing our borders for years, and in all likelihood will continue in the future.
Never heard of that. Do you mean students?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2011, 05:47 PM
 
3,269 posts, read 4,704,736 times
Reputation: 1376
Quote:
Originally Posted by elamigo View Post
The OP said the point was not top of his list. Did he laugh at your view? If so where? I would like to see. I must have missed it. Where did he taunt?

He stated where he stands on that and he expressed it and aske for feedback, correct? What is wrong with that?
Precisely. Post rated positively. I started the thread to get a feel from folks who put illegals at the #1 spot in their "top 10"

Now that I see they love to throw around foul/false accusations, I will certainly not shed a tear if their cause 'crashes and burns'. I won't laugh either. That's not my style. There's a certain someone here who talks about smearing etc- Well, he (or she) tarnished his/her own struggle by declaring he/she knows the truth about someone when he/she doesn't know me from Adam. How dare he/she. I will no longer be reading his/her posts. This was his/her opportunity to present the case as to why everyone should put illegals at the #1 spot in their "top 10" but completely and utterly failed by throwing in unnecessary nonsense. well, i expect that from someone raised in the mccarthy era. in fact, ie is now out of my top 10 and guess what? "whatever happens happens" because....drum roll.... i have no dog in the matter. if this now-ignored person is a classic example of those who think ie should be everyone's #1 issue, then i want no part of their struggle. i would also suggest everyone report the 'certain someone' everytime he/she makes an accusation. it's extremely vile and not befitting of good forum etiquette.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2011, 07:16 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,930,470 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimace8 View Post
Never heard of that. Do you mean students?
No, we have been issuing work visas for years. Both citizens of Canada and Mexico are employed in this country.

Quote:
The North America Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) links the U.S., Canada and Mexico collaboratively since January 1, 1994. This agreement creates special economic and trade relationship for these three countries and allows citizens of Canada and Mexico, as NAFTA professionals, to work in the U.S. under the TN Visa.
Temporary Work Visa for Citizens of Canada and Mexico Application
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2011, 09:15 PM
 
Location: Wayward Pines,ID
1,844 posts, read 3,340,926 times
Reputation: 1401
Not in your top 10? You probably have not had to call the cops in the middle of the night when bunch of them were randomly shooting into the air. You probably have not seen them relieving themselves in public. You probably have never "run the gauntlet" trying to get to Home Depot. You have probably not been side-swiped by a drunken one at noon sending you to the ER and your car to the dump. Or how about daily dodging them on the freeway. Or having the freeways jammed with them because of the sheer numbers and incompetence in driving. Maybe you have not had to dodge flying debris out of the back of a landscape truck full of them. It is not fun getting t-boned by one taking out the boat you worked to buy for ten years. How about losing a hundred bucks in food when the power goes out when a drunken one of them hits a pole. Ever been to a formerly nice tract neighborhood and seen it completely decimated? Count yourself lucky that you never had a bad accident since your chances of dying went way up after scores of trauma centers closed because of them. This is the way it is at ground zero in SoCal. Because of these incidents and countless more, in me it triggered a 'fight or flight' response. Since the government patently refused to perform its most important duty to protect me, and since the government had all but taken away my ability to fight, that left flight. Going 1300 miles north helped.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top