U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-06-2011, 09:45 PM
 
Location: Phx
175 posts, read 203,354 times
Reputation: 84

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elousv View Post
Not in your top 10? You probably have not had to call the cops in the middle of the night when bunch of them were randomly shooting into the air. You probably have not seen them relieving themselves in public. You probably have never "run the gauntlet" trying to get to Home Depot. You have probably not been side-swiped by a drunken one at noon sending you to the ER and your car to the dump. Or how about daily dodging them on the freeway. Or having the freeways jammed with them because of the sheer numbers and incompetence in driving. Maybe you have not had to dodge flying debris out of the back of a landscape truck full of them. It is not fun getting t-boned by one taking out the boat you worked to buy for ten years. How about losing a hundred bucks in food when the power goes out when a drunken one of them hits a pole. Ever been to a formerly nice tract neighborhood and seen it completely decimated? Count yourself lucky that you never had a bad accident since your chances of dying went way up after scores of trauma centers closed because of them. This is the way it is at ground zero in SoCal. Because of these incidents and countless more, in me it triggered a 'fight or flight' response. Since the government patently refused to perform its most important duty to protect me, and since the government had all but taken away my ability to fight, that left flight. Going 1300 miles north helped.
Yep, welcome to our lovely country..now destroy it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-06-2011, 10:41 PM
 
Location: Richland, Washington
4,069 posts, read 4,964,260 times
Reputation: 2477
It probably depends on where you live. If you don't have a high illegal population in your area then it's probably not much of an issue for you, although it's generally a high priority for those of us that live in areas where there's a big illegal problem. The area that I live in has a high population of illegals. All of the drug and gang activity is perpetuated by illegals. There are areas of town that have daily gang shootings, drive bys and high drug problems. The illegal problem has also been growing which has caused the gang activity to spread to a city that's interconnected with mine. The gangs are almost exclusively made up of illegals. Deporting all of the illegals would take away almost all the drug and gang problems.(at least in this area) For many of the legal citizens that live in these kinds of areas, illegal immigration is considered one of the biggest problems because the illegals are what are causing the problems. Other than the fiscal problems that illegals cause, this is the main reason I find illegal immigration to be one of the biggest problems to be fixed.

Last edited by agnostic soldier; 03-06-2011 at 10:55 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2011, 01:17 AM
 
Location: Bradenton, Florida
27,236 posts, read 40,261,063 times
Reputation: 10915
Quote:
Originally Posted by elousv View Post
Not in your top 10? You probably have not had to call the cops in the middle of the night when bunch of them were randomly shooting into the air.
Nope, that's for the rednecks to do around here, and we don't call the cops on them

Quote:
Originally Posted by elousv View Post
You probably have not seen them relieving themselves in public.
Nope. Never seen anyone else do that, I can remember doing it myself though, in desperate circumstances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elousv View Post
You probably have never "run the gauntlet" trying to get to Home Depot.
Nope, and I work at one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elousv View Post
You have probably not been side-swiped by a drunken one at noon sending you to the ER and your car to the dump. Or how about daily dodging them on the freeway. Or having the freeways jammed with them because of the sheer numbers and incompetence in driving. Maybe you have not had to dodge flying debris out of the back of a landscape truck full of them. It is not fun getting t-boned by one taking out the boat you worked to buy for ten years.
Nope. Don't drive myself.

Quote:
How about losing a hundred bucks in food when the power goes out when a drunken one of them hits a pole. Ever been to a formerly nice tract neighborhood and seen it completely decimated? Count yourself lucky that you never had a bad accident since your chances of dying went way up after scores of trauma centers closed because of them. This is the way it is at ground zero in SoCal. Because of these incidents and countless more, in me it triggered a 'fight or flight' response. Since the government patently refused to perform its most important duty to protect me, and since the government had all but taken away my ability to fight, that left flight. Going 1300 miles north helped.
No. No. Don't go to hospitals or doctors.

I live in Florida. No problems with Hispanics of any kind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2011, 07:15 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,807,269 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Nope, that's for the rednecks to do around here, and we don't call the cops on them



Nope. Never seen anyone else do that, I can remember doing it myself though, in desperate circumstances.



Nope, and I work at one.



Nope. Don't drive myself.



No. No. Don't go to hospitals or doctors.

I live in Florida. No problems with Hispanics of any kind.
Simply because YOU have not encountered these problems does not negate his personal experiences. I have never been the victim of a DUI, and personally donít know anyone who has (thank God). Does that mean it doesnít exist?

As for Home Depot stores, they are notorious locations for so-called day laborers. As a matter of fact, I stopped shopping at Home Depot for that very reason. As a woman, it doesnít make me feel all warm and fuzzy seeing 50 men loitering in the parking lot, or having two or three at a time approach soliciting work, or following me to my car after I decline their offer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2011, 07:18 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,144,640 times
Reputation: 2130
You will also hear this same song and dance that illegal immigration just isn't a problem to them because they themselves have ties to an illegal or are sympathetic to them. I have even heard this from those who live near our southern border. They don't necessarily have to be Hispanic themselves either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2011, 08:08 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,690,207 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Nope, that's for the rednecks to do around here, and we don't call the cops on them



Nope. Never seen anyone else do that, I can remember doing it myself though, in desperate circumstances.



Nope, and I work at one.



Nope. Don't drive myself.



No. No. Don't go to hospitals or doctors.

I live in Florida. No problems with Hispanics of any kind.
It's not rednecks shooting guns into the air at midnight on Jan 1, or on Sept 15 and 16, and Dec 12.

That's when I hear guns all over going off - hopefully just being shot into the air - but you never know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2011, 08:43 AM
 
Location: El Paso, TX
3,302 posts, read 3,754,492 times
Reputation: 2524
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
The hard evidence by their words in defense of illegal aliens is not an assumption. Some in here are claiming that this issue isn't even of importance to them. If that were so, they wouldn't be posting in an illegal immigration forum and laughing at, taunting and insulting those of us who are opposed to illegal immigration. I rest my case.
Ok, if you want to stick to your point without admitting that the OP is stating illegal immigration is not at the top of his list, not that he does not think it is important, go for it. You want to interpret his words as defending illegal aliesn, which he did not state in the OP, go for it also.

However, I simply stayed with what he wrote in the OP. With that in mind I was not off any reply.
You want to concentrate on assumption because you may know the OP from past interactions, great. Stay with it. Your reply shows me you do not wan to hear anything else.

I did learn something about you for future reference. If I post an OP stating some topic is not as important to me in my priority list you will interpret as defending it or disagreeng with you.

For your information to me a topic that may not be as important to me does not mean I disagree with you. But is you take things that way, have it at, take care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2011, 08:53 AM
 
Location: El Paso, TX
3,302 posts, read 3,754,492 times
Reputation: 2524
[quote=twiggy;18115201][quote=chicagonut;18115047]
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggy View Post

You can cut me down all you would like but it doesn't change how I feel.
I repeat, I don't find illegal immigration to be in the top 10 of my concerns.
That does not mean I promote it, it means I ignore it. This only become difficult when my governor uses my money for her obligations about it with her private prison buddies. That I do care about. It's idiotic.

The Statue of Liberty represents many things, among them friendship between nations and freedom from oppression. It was given to us by France for our new country. The part I believe people still take a chance on is "freedom from oppression". They mistakenly think we will help them if they come here from a oppressed society. I realize they are wrong, we won't but that is why they come and that was your statement.
I have been trying to tell him that. I just did in my last reply to him. To him is you are either with me or against me. For some reason he just cannot see that if this issue is not at the top of your list as it is on yours then you disagree and are against him. Also, for some reason he may not be able to see that distinction.

I am against illegal immigration but to me other issues are more important. I think I just got him as against me. He will probably now say I am taunting and all kinds of things, take care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2011, 09:58 AM
 
3,269 posts, read 4,659,544 times
Reputation: 1373
Quote:
Originally Posted by elamigo View Post
To him is you are either with me or against me.
see my suggestion on how to deal with him http://www.city-data.com/forum/18150014-post169.html (see last 2 sentences)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2011, 11:33 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,144,640 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by elamigo View Post
Ok, if you want to stick to your point without admitting that the OP is stating illegal immigration is not at the top of his list, not that he does not think it is important, go for it. You want to interpret his words as defending illegal aliesn, which he did not state in the OP, go for it also.

However, I simply stayed with what he wrote in the OP. With that in mind I was not off any reply.
You want to concentrate on assumption because you may know the OP from past interactions, great. Stay with it. Your reply shows me you do not wan to hear anything else.

I did learn something about you for future reference. If I post an OP stating some topic is not as important to me in my priority list you will interpret as defending it or disagreeng with you.

For your information to me a topic that may not be as important to me does not mean I disagree with you. But is you take things that way, have it at, take care.
I was just making a general statement not targeting anyone in here with my recent post. I know many people who fit the description that I posted about, apart from this forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top