Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2011, 04:35 PM

19,706 posts, read 20,236,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Do you live in a bubble? We anti-illegals have done much, much more than just rant in forums about this mess. Curious to know why you don't give sh** about the laws of this country and the negative impact illegal immigration has had on this country. Do you have relatives or friends here illegally?

If this issue means nothing to you then why are you posting in an illegal immigration forum and complaining about a minority of Americans opposed to illegal immigration that you deam as racist?
You're tryin to argue with me and make assumptions about who I am or who I know just because I'm not all heated like you are over the subject matter?!

Dude...come on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2011, 04:40 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,316,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
You're tryin to argue with me and make assumptions about who I am or who I know just because I'm not all heated like you are over the subject matter?!

Dude...come on.
I am not a dude. I don't need to make assumptions. Your words speak for themselves.

Old 03-02-2011, 04:52 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,490,828 times
Quote:
I really don't give a ****.

Giving a **** is a poor excuse for being an undercover racist.

Point is, you don't truly know if someone is legal or illegal just by looking at their ethnicity.
Alot of people jump to conclusions on that one.
Racsist? I dont like white people either who are illegals. I dont like Black people who are illegals. I dont like Asian people who are illegals.

I dont like ANYONE who is illegal.

Old 03-02-2011, 05:17 PM

Yall are a trip...wow.

Old 03-02-2011, 05:18 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,015,863 times
Quote:
Per orders of Obama and Homeland Security unless they have a criminal background. You didn't know that?
no didn't know that, are you saying it has just been the obama admin that has refused to deport illegals that don't have a criminal background, or has all past admins not made this a priority?

Old 03-02-2011, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
no didn't know that, are you saying it has just been the obama admin that has refused to deport illegals that don't have a criminal background, or has all past admins not made this a priority?
See Opyelie's post #66.

Old 03-02-2011, 05:47 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,015,863 times
Quote:
See Opyelie's post #66.
that doesn't answer the question if either bush's or clinton admins were deporting illegals without criminal back grounds.
post 66 only says that prior to 08 we were less "touchy feelie" doesn't sound like any admin has given this much a priority??

Old 03-02-2011, 05:56 PM

Quote:
that doesn't answer the question if either bush's or clinton admins were deporting illegals without criminal back grounds.
post 66 only says that prior to 08 we were less "touchy feelie" doesn't sound like any admin has given this much a priority??
There have been topics started in this forum about this subject. Please search for them. I just know that since Obama has been in office he has instructed Homeland Security to make criminal aliens their priority with a "just release them" policy for the rest. Here is an interesting article about it.

http://hotair.com/archives/2010/09/0...-just-release/

Last edited by chicagonut; 03-02-2011 at 06:12 PM..

Old 03-02-2011, 07:27 PM

Quote:
doesn't sound like any admin has given this much a priority??

That's because for the most part, the American government fails to convey the fact that we actually need immigrants (legal/illegal) to help maintain the economy and our way of life.

I believe that's the point driven in the article chicagonut posted about them no longer deporting, just releasing them if they have no criminal history- the laws are changing due to changing times.

Here's an article on the Bush administration:
Why Bush Needs "Illegal" Immigrants | Civil Liberties | AlterNet

"In the end, the business interests still win, for the American people will either blame the Mexicans or the President but never the economic system that perpetuates this Punch and Judy show of pitting classes of working people against each other to see which group of puppet masters will gain the temporary advantage in either profit or power."

This is also an interesting read:
American Needs Illegal Immigrants

"Forcing workers who are in the country illegally to leave could create an economic disaster. It would be the equivalent of killing millions of workers."

Old 03-02-2011, 07:39 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,426,436 times
Quote:

Dude...come on.
Chicagonut just happens to be a woman, not a man or Dude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration