Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2011, 07:40 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
That's because for the most part, the American government fails to convey the fact that we actually need immigrants (legal/illegal) to help maintain the economy and our way of life.

I believe that's the point driven in the article chicagonut posted about them no longer deporting, just releasing them if they have no criminal history- the laws are changing due to changing times.

Here's an article on the Bush administration:
Why Bush Needs "Illegal" Immigrants | Civil Liberties | AlterNet

"In the end, the business interests still win, for the American people will either blame the Mexicans or the President but never the economic system that perpetuates this Punch and Judy show of pitting classes of working people against each other to see which group of puppet masters will gain the temporary advantage in either profit or power."

This is also an interesting read:
American Needs Illegal Immigrants

"Forcing workers who are in the country illegally to leave could create an economic disaster. It would be the equivalent of killing millions of workers."
Wrong! We don't need illegal aliens for anything. We have millions of Americans out of work right now. They need the jobs that are being held by illegl aliens. Our tax coffers are drying up due to paying for the social cost of illegal aliens. There have been numerous posts in here showing what illegals are costing each state in this country. Our schools, jails and hospitals would be much less crowded. We would be able to stabilize our population growth. We would return to a nation of laws with sovereign borders.

If we actually need these people we would have raised our annual quotas for LEGAL immigration. Stop trying to justify lawbreakiing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2011, 07:42 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,429,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
that doesn't answer the question if either bush's or clinton admins were deporting illegals without criminal back grounds.
post 66 only says that prior to 08 we were less "touchy feelie" doesn't sound like any admin has given this much a priority??
Google "Catch and Release/immigration"

here it is......

http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=19045

Old 03-02-2011, 07:51 PM

19,712 posts, read 20,244,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Chicagonut just happens to be a woman, not a man or Dude.
Doesn't change the fact she was going off the deep end there...

My apologies, ma'am.

Old 03-02-2011, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Wrong!
I don't write the articles, I just read them.

Old 03-02-2011, 08:00 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,491,139 times
Quote:
That's because for the most part, the American government fails to convey the fact that we actually need immigrants (legal/illegal) to help maintain the economy and our way of life.

I believe that's the point driven in the article chicagonut posted about them no longer deporting, just releasing them if they have no criminal history- the laws are changing due to changing times.

"In the end, the business interests still win, for the American people will either blame the Mexicans or the President but never the economic system that perpetuates this Punch and Judy show of pitting classes of working people against each other to see which group of puppet masters will gain the temporary advantage in either profit or power."

American Needs Illegal Immigrants

"Forcing workers who are in the country illegally to leave could create an economic disaster. It would be the equivalent of killing millions of workers."
Those articles are bogus. Not blaming you, D217, Im blaming the stories.

Many of MY friends have been out of work for a long time and some of them would be happy working even BS pay jobs. And all of my homies are either Americans or here legally. I dont hang with illegals.

Old 03-02-2011, 08:05 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,429,775 times
Quote:

Both article are at least 5 years old.

Old 03-02-2011, 08:18 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Google "Catch and Release/immigration"

here it is......

Illegals benefit from <br> 'catch and release'
thanks mk

Old 03-02-2011, 08:54 PM

3,886 posts, read 10,081,159 times
[quote=chicagonut;18105419]
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggy View Post
The biggest issue with supporters of anything is handling change. It's hard to be the minority in any issue. Things change, what is illegal today could be perfectly legal tomorrow. So playing the "it's illegal" card today is irrelevant to people who see the law changing like me.
Like I said previously, people can smoke pot now and the government can legally harass me as a terrorist for no reason, pat me down in private places at the airport.
I see, so it's ok to disobey laws BEFORE or IF they are changed?

People can walk into a bar with a concealed weapon in my state today where as last year they couldn't. They can bring their kids to school with a loaded weapon in their pocket. Disturbs me yes, but that is what happens when the majority lets it happen. Laws change all the time, they aren't written in stone.
Enough people ***** and they change like the wind.

See above.

You pro 1070's people against illegal immigration are going to have to come up with more than the "it's illegal" crap as well. People will be changing that if thats the only reason you can come up with. Stick to the reasons they shouldn't be here legally, then you might have some interest.

Good luck with that. The majority of Americans want our immigraton laws respected and enforced and that isn't going to change. We already have quotas for legal immigration that best suits the interests of this country and that is why illegals are an excess that we don't need and shouldn't therefore be able to come here legally either.

They commit crime? Well, so do Americans, come up with some specifics against the Mexican immigrants or else just forget it. It's not convincing enough.

Yes, we have enough home grown criminals of our own to deal with. We don't need to add illegals to the mix of our crime stats. It doesn't matter if they are Mexican or not. I knew the race card would pop up with you.

There are 50000 illegal Irish people here and they don't come through Mexico to get here, Chinese people, and every other illegal immigrant you can think of. Why don't you want them to have amnesty? Be specific, be clear. Just cuz it's illegal right now won't cut it, we could make it legal tomorrow.

See above again. We already have quotas for legal immigration that best suits our needs. Therefore there is no reason to amnesty any illegals regardless of what race or nationality they are. We don't need them.

You have to be specific in your needs or it just sounds like your crying about the change thats taking place. You are hard to take seriously.
Right now you all just look like you're into the latest political craze, and when the next one comes along you'll jump on it. It's not like there aren't productive things you could be doing personally against it if you wanted too. Come up with something new for God sake. At least some new lines, those old ones obviously don't work, no law is coming as far as I can see as a matter of fact its support seems to be dwindling as of late.

The spesifics of why we don't want them legalized have been posted in here over and over. 1. We don't need them. They are an excess above our quotas that best suit our needs. 2. We should never reward lawbreakers. 3. Population growth, jobs, resources,etc. are another consideration as to how many immigrants we can take in. Those things have already been taken into account by our annual quotas. Speaking of old lines.....look in the mirror. This is no political craze. Illegal immigration has been growing and it is at critical mass now and negatively impacting Americans more and more every day. I can't think of anything more productive then to save our country's future. Evidently you aren't keeping up on the numerous bills being presented in just about every state to deter illegal immigration or you would know there is continuing support more and more of ending illegal immigration.

I don't care enough either way to make it worth my time to boycott businesses or picket the farmers or construction sites but someone on your side is going to have to soon or you will be looking at "legal workers coming over that border" in no time. Then what are you going to do?

You don't care either way? Yeah, right. I can tell from your posts, lol. Legal workers are already coming over the border. They are called visas. Is that a new concept to you?
People with illnesses have been smoking pot for years illegally, enough people do it for long enough and it becomes legal in this country.. things change, thank goodness or someone might be sitting in the back of the bus today. When things don't work out for the majority they change it. Booting out all the illegals and or putting them in jail here just won't work. That will never happen.

I don't see the feds jumping all over these issues you are so worked up about but I do see them avoiding it at all costs, even cutting border security despite all the crying. Things haven't changed in that respect with the government stance on immigration reform and what to do about illegal immigration since Bush. It's good business. Then>>>
Haley Barbour Denies Supporting “Amnesty,†But Not His Lobbying Work For Mexico On Immigration - Swampland - TIME.com
and now>>>>>
FoxNews.com - Sending Troops to the Mexican Border Is Not the Answer
They aren't going to arrest them and deport them all or throw them in AZ jails, it's just never going to happen. Eventually they will come up with a way to reform immigration, make it easier for non criminals to work here and become successful Americans and or open up and make it easier to get H-2 visas for working here. Maybe even open up the borders, an idea that was in the works and is on hold because of the fight on terrorism right now but will be back.

This will eventually happen after they get done passing the subject around like a hot potato. But, what you want will never, ever happen so why flog your dead horse!!! It's a waste of time.

Oh, and lobbyist, well here is a quote from the cis:
It would require an extensive effort to tally the expenditures on immigration. But it is safe to say that since 1998, tens of millions of dollars have been spent on immigration lobbying. And it is clear that the vast majority of those dollars have been spent by those who want expansive immigration policies.

Here are just a few of the big spenders: The U.S. Chamber of Commerce, Microsoft Corp, Western Growers Association,American Farm Bureau, American Meat Institute, National Immigration Forum, National Association of Home Builders, National Association of Manufacturers, National Chicken Council, Service Employees International Union, National Council of La Raza, United Farm Workers, Tides Advocacy Fund, Oracle Corp, Dairy Farmers of America, American Hotel & Lodging Assn., Smithfield Foods, American Nursery & Landscape Assn. Try boycotting all of them, you'll be hungry homeless and have no where to stay on vacation. lol

You might notice that these are the companies that would benefit from cheap labor, duh. This is America, a large Capitalist country, what on earth are you smoking?

Oh, and here in AZ Jan's bill is just a joke. It will do nothing but waste taxpayers money on lawsuits, it was just a political move and she knows it. She's smart and she won with it because we have a lot of "you" out here. But even we know it won't go anywhere. People that actually believe this is somewhere near happening. ha ha ha ha The joke is on you I guess.

I'm done, you win because you are a exhausting little thing. I wish you luck on your venture to rid the country of illegal immigration.

But a note to you about why some cannot care. I don't care about something that cannot possibly happen. Sort of the same way I stopped wishing religion would stay out of politics or stopped hoping for "health care for all" in this country. Sometimes you have to know when to hold them and know when to fold! It's NEVER going to happen.

Old 03-02-2011, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggy View Post

People with illnesses have been smoking pot for years illegally, enough people do it for long enough and it becomes legal in this country.. things change, thank goodness or someone might be sitting in the back of the bus today. When things don't work out for the majority they change it. Booting out all the illegals and or putting them in jail here just won't work. That will never happen.

I don't see the feds jumping all over these issues you are so worked up about but I do see them avoiding it at all costs, even cutting border security despite all the crying. Things haven't changed in that respect with the government stance on immigration reform and what to do about illegal immigration since Bush. It's good business. Then>>>
Haley Barbour Denies Supporting “Amnesty,” But Not His Lobbying Work For Mexico On Immigration - Swampland - TIME.com
and now>>>>>
FoxNews.com - Sending Troops to the Mexican Border Is Not the Answer
They aren't going to arrest them and deport them all or throw them in AZ jails, it's just never going to happen. Eventually they will come up with a way to reform immigration, make it easier for non criminals to work here and become successful Americans and or open up and make it easier to get H-2 visas for working here. Maybe even open up the borders, an idea that was in the works and is on hold because of the fight on terrorism right now but will be back.

This will eventually happen after they get done passing the subject around like a hot potato. But, what you want will never, ever happen so why flog your dead horse!!! It's a waste of time.

Oh, and lobbyist, well here is a quote from the cis:
It would require an extensive effort to tally the expenditures on immigration. But it is safe to say that since 1998, tens of millions of dollars have been spent on immigration lobbying. And it is clear that the vast majority of those dollars have been spent by those who want expansive immigration policies.

Here are just a few of the big spenders: The U.S. Chamber of Commerce, Microsoft Corp, Western Growers Association,American Farm Bureau, American Meat Institute, National Immigration Forum, National Association of Home Builders, National Association of Manufacturers, National Chicken Council, Service Employees International Union, National Council of La Raza, United Farm Workers, Tides Advocacy Fund, Oracle Corp, Dairy Farmers of America, American Hotel & Lodging Assn., Smithfield Foods, American Nursery & Landscape Assn. Try boycotting all of them, you'll be hungry homeless and have no where to stay on vacation. lol

You might notice that these are the companies that would benefit from cheap labor, duh. This is America, a large Capitalist country, what on earth are you smoking?

Oh, and here in AZ Jan's bill is just a joke. It will do nothing but waste taxpayers money on lawsuits, it was just a political move and she knows it. She's smart and she won with it because we have a lot of "you" out here. But even we know it won't go anywhere. People that actually believe this is somewhere near happening. ha ha ha ha The joke is on you I guess.

I'm done, you win because you are a exhausting little thing. I wish you luck on your venture to rid the country of illegal immigration.

But a note to you about why some cannot care. I don't care about something that cannot possibly happen. Sort of the same way I stopped wishing religion would stay out of politics or stopped hoping for "health care for all" in this country. Sometimes you have to know when to hold them and know when to fold! It's NEVER going to happen.
And there you have it.

Welcome to reality, people!

Old 03-02-2011, 10:12 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,491,139 times
Quote:
And there you have it.

Welcome to reality, people!
I live in Arizona and I have seen illegals drop off a lot. So its posible to run 'em off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration