Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 12:04 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
If illegal immigration doesn’t register on your personal radar, so be it. I suppose if illegal immigration is irrelevant, outsourcing of jobs to foreign nations, and in-sourcing through H-1B visas are also extraneous. All are fueled by corporate greed and a desire for cheap labor. And, all are major factors in the impending dissolution of our middle class. Not to mention, the unsustainable fiscal burden of illegal immigration. But, again, it is your prerogative to consider illegal immigration a non-issue. As they say, ignorance is bliss.
Very good post Benicar; and accurate too. It appears that something as important as Illegal Immigration, is so irrelevant to some. I agree with your statement that corporate greed is fueled by cheap labor, we all know this by now. They are definitely a burden but once again, it is each and every person's perogatove, to believe what it is that they belive in.

Ignorance when it comes to illegal immigration is more then bliss!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2011, 12:27 PM

3,264 posts, read 5,591,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Some things are a given even though not spoken. If illegal immigration is being called a non-issue by some it is merely hiding behind one's true advocacy for it. We've seen it far too many times in here.
remember the first 3 letters of the word assume and there you have it

Old 02-26-2011, 05:24 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimace8 View Post
remember the first 3 letters of the word assume and there you have it
Interesting that all of these initital assumptions have proved out to be true in here. A leopard can't hide their spots.

Old 02-27-2011, 06:30 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,678,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
if i say "illegals aren't that big of a big deal" would you try to convince me otherwise?

No. If you did say that I would take it that you have absolutely no real concept of the isssue so I wouldn't waste my time. Illegals are a huge problem for us in Massachusetts. Obviously we aren't anywhere near the border. Most of the illegals here are from Brazil. Get educated....
True. I live in Mass and used to work in Lawrence... though Brazilians are a small number there.

My dad came here legally from Brazil almost 40 years ago. He dispises Illegal aliens and has no respect for them. Neither do I.

Some people who don't live in states that are affected by illegal immigrants simply do not understand how big of a problem that is. I was stationed in southern Arizona, Texas and I saw that everyday. In Mass it just gets worse by the minute.

I would like to bring the OP to Lawrence so she can take a look at a city that is 76% Hispanic and full of Illegal Immigrants who don't even speak English...but then I'd probably hear things along the lines of "But they are just hard working people who came to this country to have a better life and do the jobs Americans won't do!". Isn't that what we hear from supporters everyday?

I am moving to Maine in a year or so because I just can't deal with what this state is becoming. I am going to finish my Politica Science degree up there and "fight" to bring this country back to where it should be.

Old 02-27-2011, 07:30 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,429,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
True. I live in Mass and used to work in Lawrence... though Brazilians are a small number there.

My dad came here legally from Brazil almost 40 years ago. He dispises Illegal aliens and has no respect for them. Neither do I.

Some people who don't live in states that are affected by illegal immigrants simply do not understand how big of a problem that is. I was stationed in southern Arizona, Texas and I saw that everyday. In Mass it just gets worse by the minute.

I would like to bring the OP to Lawrence so she can take a look at a city that is 76% Hispanic and full of Illegal Immigrants who don't even speak English...but then I'd probably hear things along the lines of "But they are just hard working people who came to this country to have a better life and do the jobs Americans won't do!". Isn't that what we hear from supporters everyday?

I am moving to Maine in a year or so because I just can't deal with what this state is becoming. I am going to finish my Politica Science degree up there and "fight" to bring this country back to where it should be.
So you want to become an Immigration Attorney?

That's right, Immigration isn't considerded a "political" issue.

Old 02-27-2011, 08:22 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,678,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
So you want to become an Immigration Attorney?

That's right, Immigration isn't considerded a "political" issue.
Are you being sarcastic?

I believe politicians are the ones allowing this atrocity to take place, not only that but the people who vote for them. So I do believe illegal immigration and politics to be related.

Old 02-27-2011, 08:44 AM

Quote:
I believe politicians are the ones allowing this atrocity to take place, not only that but the people who vote for them. So I do believe illegal immigration and politics to be related.
imo: they (the illegals) are allowed to stay so that social security stays afloat. maybe that's why there's recent ss tax relief recently, as a thrown bone /smokescreen

Old 02-27-2011, 09:24 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimace8 View Post
imo: they (the illegals) are allowed to stay so that social security stays afloat. maybe that's why there's recent ss tax relief recently, as a thrown bone /smokescreen
How are they keeping SS afloat when many are being paid under the table? You do realize that the jobs they are holding could be held my Americans instead that wouldn't be paid under the table and instead would actually be paying into the SS fund.

Old 02-27-2011, 12:37 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,429,775 times
Quote:
Quote:
Are you being sarcastic?
Yes. I'm being sarcastic about being an "imigration Attorney".

But it's true, no matter how many politicians are involved, they still say that Immigration is not a political issue.
It's considered a "Human Rights" issue.

Old 03-01-2011, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
How are they keeping SS afloat when many are being paid under the table? You do realize that the jobs they are holding could be held my Americans instead that wouldn't be paid under the table and instead would actually be paying into the SS fund.
guess you've never heard of a fake social security number Feds Bust Violent Fake ID Ring
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration