Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2011, 08:49 AM

3,886 posts, read 10,077,414 times

Advertisements

[quote=chicagonut;18114819][quote=twiggy;18114401]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post

Illegals have no right to promote change in OUR country. Only citizens do. Why don't they promote change in their own countries?
Because this it America!
You know, we have that statue that encourages it here.
We run around to other countries and help them out to, maybe after Afghanistan we should head over to Mexico. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2011, 08:50 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,313,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
I had a feeling...You have that old school mentality that the younger generations are simply not limited by. Not implying it's a bad thing, it's just outdated.

I mean no disrespect, but it is what is.

You can't even have a discussion here without getting completely irate and judgemental and making personal attacks.

I guess the hate keeps you warm...

I don't live like that. I'm sorry. There are better things to do in this life than hate on people.
What do you call being irate? Telling the truth? Just who is it that I am supposed to be hating? Speaking of false accusations! So typical of your side. Start throwiing out the race card and insults anytime someone opposes illegal immigration.

The truth is that there are about three of you in here that are advocates for illegals but for some strange reason you try to deny it even though your words say otherwise. You find it insulting to be labeled by your own words? Stand up for what you believe in rather than remaining in denial and insulting others by calling them haters without no explanation as to whom they are supposed to be hating.

Old 03-03-2011, 08:53 AM

19,697 posts, read 20,221,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
That's right, it's another story, and it's has nothing to do with your previous post about supporting illegal immigration.

So stop trying to devert the issue at hand.

Everything is connected. How anyone cannot see that is beyond me...

Old 03-03-2011, 08:54 AM

Quote:
The hard evidence by their words in defense of illegal aliens is not an assumption. Some in here are claiming that this issue isn't even of importance to them. If that were so, they wouldn't be posting in an illegal immigration forum and laughing at, taunting and insulting those of us who are opposed to illegal immigration. I rest my case.
Well, I am a little sick of spending my tax money on people like you in AZ promoting a stupid issue like 1070 and taking money away from people who need medical care and transplants. That is a good cause, they're waisting my money on something that won't ever come to fruition. That does irritate me.
I think you mistake the "reasons" I care but we all make mistakes, it's cool.

Old 03-03-2011, 08:55 AM

[quote=twiggy;18114929][quote=chicagonut;18114819]
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggy View Post

Because this it America!
You know, we have that statue that encourages it here.
There is no statue that encourages ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION. And this isn't 100 years ago. That is why we have immigration laws TODAY. We are no longer a wide open frontier that needs building with endless jobs and resources. Our population has bloomed to over 300 million now. Many Americans are out of work and our tax coffers are going bankrupt. We allow in 1.5 million legal immigrants per year that suits the needs of country without impacting it negatively. I guess you can't grasp that common sense approach to immigration in this day and age? There are 2 billion impoverished people all over the world that would like to come here. Should we let them all in even if it kills the goose that laid the golden egg? Educate yourself instead of dealing in emotion.

Old 03-03-2011, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
You're not getting it and please don't use Rosa Parks' name in such a disrespectful manner.

Bottom line is, illegals broke the law to come here. Blacks did not.
Ha ha, I'm black and what's really disrespectful is you using this as an "argument" when it never existed as one.

Show me the disrespect, I have only given her leadership in changing a law! : smack:

Old 03-03-2011, 09:01 AM

19,697 posts, read 20,221,774 times
Quote:
What do you call being irate? Telling the truth? Just who is it that I am supposed to be hating? Speaking of false accusations! So typical of your side. Start throwiing out the race card and insults anytime someone opposes illegal immigration.

The truth is that there are about three of you in here that are advocates for illegals but for some strange reason you try to deny it even though your words say otherwise. You find it insulting to be labeled by your own words? Stand up for what you believe in rather than remaining in denial and insulting others by calling them haters without no explanation as to whom they are supposed to be hating.

I have stated from the beginning I don't give a ****.
You just keep quoting me trying to lure me into a debate so you can get all high & mighty on your soap box.

I'm not seeing things from your point of view, and that's just that.
It's not worth my energy to hate on people with an extreme passion.

Why don't you at least hate on the right people though. Hate on your American government for not doing their job properly.

Old 03-03-2011, 09:02 AM

Quote:
True, but they weren't just accepted into society overnight either.

I'm sure some of the people making a fuss over the hispanic crowd are the same people who make a fuss over those same black "citizens" being on welfare.

Is that not "helping themselves to social benefits at the taxpayer's expense?"

Ah, touche'!

Just pointing out the consistent hypocrisies here...

(For the record, I don't give a **** about welfare, either. lol )
Illegals will never be accepted by our society. We don't discriminate against legal immigrants today. So get your head out of the past.

I don't have a problem with needy CITIZENS getting welfare just as long as they are unable to support themselves in some manner. I don't care what race they are either. All citizens are equal in my eyes.

I don't see any hypocricies in here by those of us opposed to illegal immigration.

Old 03-03-2011, 09:04 AM

[quote=chicagonut;18115047][quote=twiggy;18114929]
Quote:

There is no statue that encourages ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION. And this isn't 100 years ago. That is why we have immigration laws TODAY. We are no longer a wide open frontier that needs building with endless jobs and resources. Our population has bloomed to over 300 million now. Many Americans are out of work and our tax coffers are going bankrupt. We allow in 1.5 million legal immigrants per year that suits the needs of country without impacting it negatively. I guess you can't grasp that common sense approach to immigration in this day and age? There are 2 billion impoverished people all over the world that would like to come here. Should we let them all in even if it kills the goose that laid the golden egg? Educate yourself instead of dealing in emotion.
You can cut me down all you would like but it doesn't change how I feel.
I repeat, I don't find illegal immigration to be in the top 10 of my concerns.
That does not mean I promote it, it means I ignore it. This only become difficult when my governor uses my money for her obligations about it with her private prison buddies. That I do care about. It's idiotic.

The Statue of Liberty represents many things, among them friendship between nations and freedom from oppression. It was given to us by France for our new country. The part I believe people still take a chance on is "freedom from oppression". They mistakenly think we will help them if they come here from a oppressed society. I realize they are wrong, we won't but that is why they come and that was your statement.

Old 03-03-2011, 09:13 AM

Quote:
I have stated from the beginning I don't give a ****.
You just keep quoting me trying to lure me into a debate so you can get all high & mighty on your soap box.

I'm not seeing things from your point of view, and that's just that.
It's not worth my energy to hate on people with an extreme passion.

Why don't you at least hate on the right people though. Hate on your American government for not doing their job properly.
Who is it that I supposedly "hate"? Does objecting to illegal immigration, respecting our immigration laws, soveirgn borders and not wanting to reward those who don't respect our immigration laws equate to "hate" to you? I guess this country is full of haters then in spite of the fact that we allow in 1.5 million legal immigrants per year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration