U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 07:28 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,238,350 times

Advertisements

Time to start forcing kids to learn English. NO ESL, nothing. Sink or swim.

The Italians, Chinese, Japensee, Germans did it. So can Mexicans. My parenst learnd Englsih and my one nana was an illegal but got amnesty in 1986.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2011, 09:14 AM

3,884 posts, read 8,759,288 times
Other countries allow non native speaking students, as well as teachers that teach their native language but can barely speak that of the new country their teaching in.
We have become a nation of low tolerance with little solution other than "drop and kick". The U.S. as a whole obviously needs more education. It's like the blind leading the blind here. @.@

Old 02-26-2011, 09:22 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,816,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggy View Post
Other countries allow non native speaking students, as well as teachers that teach their native language but can barely speak that of the new country their teaching in.
We have become a nation of low tolerance with little solution other than "drop and kick". The U.S. as a whole obviously needs more education. It's like the blind leading the blind here. @.@
Low tolerance? You consider spending BILLIONS annually to educate illegal aliens, including Mexican children who cross our border daily to attend our schools at U.S. taxpayers’ expense, low tolerance? You must be kidding.

Old 02-26-2011, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Low tolerance? You consider spending BILLIONS annually to educate illegal aliens, including Mexican children who cross our border daily to attend our schools at U.S. taxpayers’ expense, low tolerance? You must be kidding.
Not having the ability to find a good solution to our issues bordering another country with positive results on both ends of the coin when we have had over 100 years to do it? Come on, the problem is you don't have all the info and are making assumptions as to why they are still allowed over here. Do you really think that America is being defeated by Mexico through it's immigrants?
The big picture really is between us, Canada and Mexico. It's being discussed right above your head........the illegals are not going anywhere, as a matter of fact those boarders are going to open up one day and our currency will be as one as well. Think global, don't be so narrow minded. We buy everything from the companies that use illegal workers, we love them according to what we willingly spend on the products they help shell out. The top 10% of this country would have to be stupid to get rid of them, absolutely stupid. They are good business.

Do a little research into why we view our neighbors as problems, and why our government and big business do not. If everyone was on the same page there would have already been a solution. Things are going exactly as planned for the top 10% of our country, you know, the ones who really run it.

People in the dark on this issue want to be. There is plenty of information out there.

Old 02-26-2011, 01:28 PM

3,326 posts, read 2,615,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
The problem is that so many of these kids are the offspring of illegal aliens and the parents don't speak English themselves. Only Spanish is spoken in the home.
......and the majority of them are illiterate in spanish as well.

Old 02-26-2011, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Not having the ability to find a good solution to our issues bordering another country with positive results on both ends of the coin when we have had over 100 years to do it? Come on, the problem is you don't have all the info and are making assumptions as to why they are still allowed over here. Do you really think that America is being defeated by Mexico through it's immigrants?
The big picture really is between us, Canada and Mexico. It's being discussed right above your head........the illegals are not going anywhere, as a matter of fact those boarders are going to open up one day and our currency will be as one as well. Think global, don't be so narrow minded. We buy everything from the companies that use illegal workers, we love them according to what we willingly spend on the products they help shell out. The top 10% of this country would have to be stupid to get rid of them, absolutely stupid. They are good business.

Do a little research into why we view our neighbors as problems, and why our government and big business do not. If everyone was on the same page there would have already been a solution. Things are going exactly as planned for the top 10% of our country, you know, the ones who really run it.

People in the dark on this issue want to be. There is plenty of information out there.
My people are from Mexico. They left that place a long time ago. We DONT want more illegal aliens here. I am a Chicano and them being here hurts me bad.

Old 02-26-2011, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I like drop and kick.

Old 02-26-2011, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
I like drop and kick.
Funny!
Don't we all................!!

Last edited by twiggy; 02-26-2011 at 03:12 PM..

Old 02-26-2011, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
My people are from Mexico. They left that place a long time ago. We DONT want more illegal aliens here. I am a Chicano and them being here hurts me bad.
I know, I know, and if the average person ran this country you might have a say, but they don't, so you don't, unless you go "Egypt" on their ass.
It's good business to open up the borders..........we import more than 2 bil worth of crap to South America every year, more than we take in from China. It would really boost things here if we opened borders. Not to mention, it's been in the works since Bush and only got derailed slightly because of terrorism. It will be on the futures door step soon enough again along with one currency for all.
Why on earth would the republicans just propose to cut funding to border control if they were planning on shutting it off? They wouldn't, they don't care to stop it, they want to open it up more.

It's going to take a lot more noise than we make to stop it. Plus, we would have to pull out the big guns and stop buying all the crap we buy from big business, think it will happen? I don't see it.
This constitutional land you all scream about getting back too is not going to happen, global baby, it's coming just like Europe. We have to compete. You're going, you're just going to go kicking and screaming. lol

Last edited by twiggy; 02-26-2011 at 03:11 PM..

Old 02-26-2011, 02:54 PM

32,799 posts, read 30,052,880 times
Quote:
I know, I know, and if the average person ran this country you might have a say, but they don't, so you don't, unless you go "Egypt" on their ass.
That is essentially what the best solution for Mexico is. We cannot continue to keep Mexico running through remittances and letting them shed their poor to America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or