U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-24-2011, 11:36 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,836,058 times
Reputation: 3028

Advertisements

I’m sure the news of this “error” will bring solace to his family. Savages.

Quote:
MEXICO CITY — A suspect in the killing of a U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agent told soldiers Wednesday the attack was carried out by a group of Zetas drug gang gunmen who mistook the agent's SUV for a vehicle used by a rival gang, the army said.
Mexico: U.S. agent's killing was cartel error - World news - Americas - msnbc.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-24-2011, 02:55 PM
 
Location: CITY OF ANGELS AND CONSTANT DANGER
5,409 posts, read 11,090,724 times
Reputation: 2244
its just an explanation, these normally come after getting the mark wrong. its not meant to provide solace or even closure to the family.
furhter, it also shows that an investigation was launched and some information discovered (thought i dont know if i trust the credibility of cartel informants).

such a sad case.

but id like to know why this case garners more media attention than the below instance, or why this warrants space on this forum even.

Two El Paso high school students among 9 killed in Juárez over weekend - El Paso Times

not a challenge, just looking for your perspective.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I’m sure the news of this “error” will bring solace to his family. Savages.


Mexico: U.S. agent's killing was cartel error - World news - Americas - msnbc.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-24-2011, 03:10 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,836,058 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
its just an explanation, these normally come after getting the mark wrong. its not meant to provide solace or even closure to the family.
furhter, it also shows that an investigation was launched and some information discovered (thought i dont know if i trust the credibility of cartel informants).

such a sad case.

but id like to know why this case garners more media attention than the below instance, or why this warrants space on this forum even.

Two El Paso high school students among 9 killed in Juárez over weekend - El Paso Times

not a challenge, just looking for your perspective.
Of course there is no solace. I assumed the sarcasm would be obvious.

This is an update of a previously posted thread on this forum. It remains here, so I suppose Yac considers the story relevant to illegal immigration, otherwise it would have been moved.

Two US Customs agents shot in Mexico

The story and link you posted has no connection to illegal immigration whatsoever. Hence, no thread. In fact, had a thread been started, it would have been immediately attacked as Mexican-bashing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-24-2011, 03:55 PM
 
Location: CITY OF ANGELS AND CONSTANT DANGER
5,409 posts, read 11,090,724 times
Reputation: 2244
why did you torture me with that thread!
i abandoned it for a reason. that one devolved quickly.

so i went back and read through it, now, i am more certain that this was just a tragic confused killing.
it has nothing to do with illegal immigration.
we dont know what the ICE agents were doing down there, really. we know there postition, but really what were they doing?

also, in your words: "I assume they were there on official business. However, regardless of “why” they were there, they didn’t deserve to be shot or murdered. It’s no secret that most Mexicans consider ICE agents to be malevolent and despicable. I wouldn’t be surprised if they were shot for simply being agents of U.S. immigration enforcement.

How can this not be an “illegal immigration issue” considering they work for Immigration and Customs Enforcement?"

its not clear what they were doing down there. what is clear is that the cartels did not target them for being ICE agents. they were mistaken for being narco dudes.

further, just becuase its ICE related does not mean its illegal immigration related. remember, lets not conflate Immigration and illegal immigration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Of course there is no solace. I assumed the sarcasm would be obvious.

This is an update of a previously posted thread on this forum. It remains here, so I suppose Yac considers the story relevant to illegal immigration, otherwise it would have been moved.

Two US Customs agents shot in Mexico

The story and link you posted has no connection to illegal immigration whatsoever. Hence, no thread. In fact, had a thread been started, it would have been immediately attacked as Mexican-bashing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-24-2011, 04:06 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,168,220 times
Reputation: 2130
I wonder if the Mexicans also find their own equivalent of our ICE officials in their country who go after those illegal Guatamalas and others from south of their border entering their country illegally as being "malevolent and despicable"? Or is this just more of their hypocricy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-24-2011, 04:26 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,836,058 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
why did you torture me with that thread!
i abandoned it for a reason. that one devolved quickly.

so i went back and read through it, now, i am more certain that this was just a tragic confused killing.
it has nothing to do with illegal immigration.
we dont know what the ICE agents were doing down there, really. we know there postition, but really what were they doing?

also, in your words: "I assume they were there on official business. However, regardless of “why” they were there, they didn’t deserve to be shot or murdered. It’s no secret that most Mexicans consider ICE agents to be malevolent and despicable. I wouldn’t be surprised if they were shot for simply being agents of U.S. immigration enforcement.

How can this not be an “illegal immigration issue” considering they work for Immigration and Customs Enforcement?"

its not clear what they were doing down there. what is clear is that the cartels did not target them for being ICE agents. they were mistaken for being narco dudes.

further, just becuase its ICE related does not mean its illegal immigration related. remember, lets not conflate Immigration and illegal immigration.
If you disagree, DM Yac and request a move. And, I understand the difference between legal and illegal. Conflation of the two is a pet pro-illegal tactic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-24-2011, 07:58 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,840,989 times
Reputation: 22174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I’m sure the news of this “error” will bring solace to his family. Savages.


Mexico: U.S. agent's killing was cartel error - World news - Americas - msnbc.com
Don't worry - the cartel is being taught a little lesson for overstepping and doing something it wasn't supposed to do:

DEA, ICE and U.S. Marshals conducting operations in El Paso as authorities arrest 200 nationwide - El Paso Times

In operations in South Texas on Thursday, authorities recovered hand grenades, assault rifles and bulletproof vests.

Interesting the US government knew right where 200 cartel members operating inside the US are.

And yes, this has very much to do with illegal immigration and reasons the US government chooses to leave the border completely open and available to the violent cartels.

Corruption. Shades of House of Death - the US government is in too deep with the cartels, allows them control over the border. Why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-25-2011, 10:22 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,836,058 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Don't worry - the cartel is being taught a little lesson for overstepping and doing something it wasn't supposed to do:

DEA, ICE and U.S. Marshals conducting operations in El Paso as authorities arrest 200 nationwide - El Paso Times

In operations in South Texas on Thursday, authorities recovered hand grenades, assault rifles and bulletproof vests.

Interesting the US government knew right where 200 cartel members operating inside the US are.

And yes, this has very much to do with illegal immigration and reasons the US government chooses to leave the border completely open and available to the violent cartels.

Corruption. Shades of House of Death - the US government is in too deep with the cartels, allows them control over the border. Why?
Yes, isn’t it interesting? I have always believed the so-called “War on Drugs” is merely a smokescreen. Our open borders and lax enforcement has facilitated the cartel incursion. Now, they have a stronghold in most major U.S. cities. Yet, government officials denied the drug war had crossed the border. They are here in full force, and it is only a matter of time before we see heads hanging from bridges.

But, our borders are “more secure” than ever.

Quote:
WASHINGTON (AP) - Law enforcement officials across the country are conducting a nationwide sweep of suspected members of Mexican drug cartels working in the United States.
Nationwide sweep underway of Mexican drug cartel members | Alabama's 13
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-25-2011, 11:03 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,168,220 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Yes, isn’t it interesting? I have always believed the so-called “War on Drugs” is merely a smokescreen. Our open borders and lax enforcement has facilitated the cartel incursion. Now, they have a stronghold in most major U.S. cities. Yet, government officials denied the drug war had crossed the border. They are here in full force, and it is only a matter of time before we see heads hanging from bridges.

But, our borders are “more secure” than ever.


Nationwide sweep underway of Mexican drug cartel members | Alabama's 13
Yep, it is all about drugs and cheap labor. The corrupt in our government are facilitating this. It is all based on greed and money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-25-2011, 08:42 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,840,989 times
Reputation: 22174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Yes, isn’t it interesting? I have always believed the so-called “War on Drugs” is merely a smokescreen. Our open borders and lax enforcement has facilitated the cartel incursion. Now, they have a stronghold in most major U.S. cities. Yet, government officials denied the drug war had crossed the border. They are here in full force, and it is only a matter of time before we see heads hanging from bridges.

But, our borders are “more secure” than ever.


Nationwide sweep underway of Mexican drug cartel members | Alabama's 13
Yes, just like the famous House of Death case with Johnny Sutton, the very top of the US government knows full well what's going on and allows the drug kingpins to cross over the border whenever they please.

They pretend it is because they need these informants but they sure aren't trying to shut the cartels' operations down. Apparently they enjoy spending billions of our dollars just to monitor them and watch their destruction. What's the real point? Is it the big pay offs? Just like they know how the illegals are getting in and do absolutely nothing but up our taxes and debt to pay for it.

The Juarez cartel families are moving en masse over from Juarez and while our government is cutting off aid to Americans, it's handing these people big sums of money to restart their lives here and these are very rich people to begin with. Well - they say they're paid to be "soplones" (whistleblowers) but it's an awful lot of money they're being given.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top