U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-25-2011, 12:54 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Reputation: 3028

Advertisements

One down, while countless others continue unabated. But, remember, illegals must have documents to work. What’s the big deal if people are murdered in the process?

Quote:
RICHMOND, Va. -- Twenty-two people have been charged with producing more than 15,000 false documents for illegal immigrants in 11 states and protecting their lucrative turf through kidnappings, beatings and the slaying of a rival, officials said Thursday.

The defendants, who are being held in Virginia, are accused of 12 counts, including racketeering, murder, assault, firearms possession, kidnapping, money laundering, and possessing and producing false documents. Most are illegal immigrants from Mexico.
US: Ring sold fake IDs to immigrants in 11 states - Nation Wires - MiamiHerald.com (http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/02/24/2083231/us-ring-sold-fake-ids-to-immigrants.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-25-2011, 01:51 PM
 
Location: San Diego
32,799 posts, read 30,034,103 times
Reputation: 17688
But but but, the pro-illegal crowds have stated that the drug war, though our fault, is not going on in the US only Mexico so we don't need a border fence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-25-2011, 07:53 PM
 
3,071 posts, read 7,443,271 times
Reputation: 1619
The entire issue of fake IDs can be solved with a national ID using biometrics..Problem is our government does not want it....Ask any politician in office now his opinion on biometric Ids and see how fast he will side step and double talk his "answer"...I cry fowl
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-25-2011, 09:43 PM
 
4,628 posts, read 9,027,023 times
Reputation: 4225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
The entire issue of fake IDs can be solved with a national ID using biometrics..Problem is our government does not want it....Ask any politician in office now his opinion on biometric Ids and see how fast he will side step and double talk his "answer"...I cry fowl
We don't need a 'national' data base or a national ID card. Our government already uses biometrics in passports, so how could 'they' be against its use? Several states already use enhanced (biometric-based photographs) driver's licenses. Even if we did have a national ID card, it would not solve the problem of forgeries - it would only make the offenders have to work a lot harder to forge them.

BTW, isn't it wonderful that Obama's government and Holder's Justice Department have consistently scored legal victories against organized crime syndicates, such as the one in the OP's link?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-25-2011, 09:46 PM
 
Location: OCEAN BREEZES AND VIEWS SAN CLEMENTE
19,899 posts, read 15,287,998 times
Reputation: 6451
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
But but but, the pro-illegal crowds have stated that the drug war, though our fault, is not going on in the US only Mexico so we don't need a border fence.

But But But, so right you are and so full of it they are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-25-2011, 09:50 PM
 
Location: OCEAN BREEZES AND VIEWS SAN CLEMENTE
19,899 posts, read 15,287,998 times
Reputation: 6451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
One down, while countless others continue unabated. But, remember, illegals must have documents to work. What’s the big deal if people are murdered in the process?


US: Ring sold fake IDs to immigrants in 11 states - Nation Wires - MiamiHerald.com (http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/02/24/2083231/us-ring-sold-fake-ids-to-immigrants.html - broken link)

But But But, they are here for a better life, my ---. If truly this were the case people don't you think they would want to becoem legalized citizens, and not come here illegally. This is disgusting filth, and sickening, should be to all of us. Our Politicians, truly do not have a friggin clue, if they did, would they not want to stop this crap from happening. Where is protection for us. They are not all here people with the best of intentions, get it straight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-26-2011, 10:00 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Felina View Post
We don't need a 'national' data base or a national ID card. Our government already uses biometrics in passports, so how could 'they' be against its use? Several states already use enhanced (biometric-based photographs) driver's licenses. Even if we did have a national ID card, it would not solve the problem of forgeries - it would only make the offenders have to work a lot harder to forge them.

BTW, isn't it wonderful that Obama's government and Holder's Justice Department have consistently scored legal victories against organized crime syndicates, such as the one in the OP's link?
Isn’t that their job? Too bad they aren’t as “wonderful” in upholding our immigration laws. Releasing 500,000 “criminal” aliens to roam unfettered, doesn’t exactly warrant a victory dance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-26-2011, 10:05 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Reputation: 22158
I would suspect some of these guys had something to do with some of the Mexican corpses found without any kind of ID. They also need stolen Mexican ID's to get Central Americans trafficked into the USA through Mexico, the Mexican army will check papers when you're going through it's highway check points, and they need the Mexican IDs to get matricula cards for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2011, 05:46 AM
 
1 posts, read 1,060 times
Reputation: 10
well all of this was for an illegal person just to be able to work in the US. Hey how do we know if these people weren't threatened to do this. Read the full story, the big guy called their vendors and said that if you steal money from us, this is whats going to happen to you, meanwhile their is somebody getting beat up in the background of the call.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2011, 07:42 AM
 
2,113 posts, read 2,241,612 times
Reputation: 1758
Just doing the jobs that Americans won't do...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top