U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-03-2011, 07:24 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,161,367 times
Reputation: 2130

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
I've been reading those posts and I get a laugh out of them because they're clueless on what's being done in the background.
If what they say was true, then why didn't CIR, Amnesty or The DREAMact pass with flying colors?
Someone has to be at the other end inform politician about the true facts and possible consequences, because too many of them don't find out on their own.
Exactly, I have asked that same question. Why no CIR, amnesty or Dream Act after all these years? It is because the American people don't want it and our politicians know it. They just keep making empty promises to Hispanics to gain their votes. Why do they think that many states are making their own immigration laws? If Obama hadn't fought the Az law and tied it up in court there would already be many states that passed similar laws. Birthright citizenship is on the burner also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-03-2011, 07:45 PM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 16,222,929 times
Reputation: 4611
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Exactly, I have asked that same question. Why no CIR, amnesty or Dream Act after all these years? It is because the American people don't want it and our politicians know it. They just keep making empty promises to Hispanics to gain their votes. Why do they think that many states are making their own immigration laws? If Obama hadn't fought the Az law and tied it up in court there would already be many states that passed similar laws.
Quote:
Birthright citizenship is on the burner also
.
States are lining up to oppose Birthright Citizenship like they are filing to initiate a version of SB1070.
Another thing about NumbersUSA is, we get information the minute it's released and before it hit's the airways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2011, 07:53 PM
 
Location: OCEAN BREEZES AND VIEWS SAN CLEMENTE
19,899 posts, read 15,310,387 times
Reputation: 6451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Lacking exact figures. . .

I would say they lack more than exact figures. How about common sense? The following idiotic quote says it all. . .



MOST? By what other means could a person be illegal. . . if they didn’t either enter illegally, or overstay a visa? Are we now growing illegals in special laboratories?

And, we should consider this credible?
Good one Benicar; thanks for the laugh. I don't know about growing illegals, but people must be growing something else, and it ain't cool-aid!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2011, 07:56 PM
 
Location: OCEAN BREEZES AND VIEWS SAN CLEMENTE
19,899 posts, read 15,310,387 times
Reputation: 6451
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I disagree. The Latino population has been growing mostly due to illegal immigration in the past couple of decades or so. How much future illegal immigration we will see from that group will be determined by whether or not we finally secure our borders and take enforcement of our immigration laws seriously. If we could see massive deportations or self deportations Latinos would never become the majority in this country overall.

Another determining factor would be changing birthright citizenship.
I agree with everything you have to say. but good luck with this President and administration, i don't see our borders any more secure then what they are already. I seriously do not think that Obama takes our border situation serious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2011, 08:10 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,161,367 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I agree with everything you have to say. but good luck with this President and administration, i don't see our borders any more secure then what they are already. I seriously do not think that Obama takes our border situation serious.
Well we do have a Republican House now and the presidential election is only a year away so there is hope.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-04-2011, 09:35 AM
 
Location: El Paso, TX
3,302 posts, read 3,760,664 times
Reputation: 2524
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I agree with much you have said except we have been screaming about this issue for years but our congress critters aren't listening because many are in the back pockets of big business or in the case of the Democrats are looking at potential voters and pandering to a certain ethnic group that wants illegals rewarded for violating our immigration laws.

Why do you suppose that many states are implementing anti-illegal immigration laws? Much of it is due to our screaming about it. No the other side will never win in the end. The majority are speaking out now.
I am with you. Again, this will become more of an issue when enough people stand up against it. That is the sad part about it. As many hispanics and illegals that are in this country, we are still minority in numbers to a great degree. I believe that the people that are against illegal immigration are a much larger number but the voices are not loud and big enough. I think this is the problem. Businesses to me are still not as big a factor as our voice if we want to speak loud enough. There have been instance when the people have spoken loud enough and it will not matter how much businesses help politicians, take care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-04-2011, 12:03 PM
 
2,227 posts, read 4,292,553 times
Reputation: 1019
Chicago

Your side lost decades ago, I'd say that you side lost during the onset of the Industrial Revolution.
Do you honestly think that the American economy can live without a limitless supply of cheap labour?
Do you think that decision makers care?
Get real, they know more illegals than poor Americans.
Get real.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-04-2011, 01:29 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,827,658 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manolón View Post
Chicago

Your side lost decades ago, I'd say that you side lost during the onset of the Industrial Revolution.
Do you honestly think that the American economy can live without a limitless supply of cheap labour?Do you think that decision makers care?
Get real, they know more illegals than poor Americans.
Get real.
That was the same argument used against the abolition of slavery. Obviously, they were wrong, so try again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-06-2011, 09:10 PM
 
3,951 posts, read 3,587,372 times
Reputation: 1270
That number that they present is supposed to be a pacifier for us, keep us quiet and from demanding immigration law enforcement. LOL While we believe that number, they will just keep coming into the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-06-2011, 09:12 PM
 
3,951 posts, read 3,587,372 times
Reputation: 1270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manolón View Post
Chicago

Your side lost decades ago, I'd say that you side lost during the onset of the Industrial Revolution.
Do you honestly think that the American economy can live without a limitless supply of cheap labour?
Do you think that decision makers care?
Get real, they know more illegals than poor Americans.
Get real.
Did this dude just say, "limitless?" That doesn't even make sense. Who needs a "limitless" supply of labor? Think about that ... "limitless" means "NO LIMIT" or "WITHOUT LIMIT." No economy needs a limitless "supply of cheap labor." Why? Because there aren't always going to be enough jobs for that limitless supply and what happens when people are working?

I think YOU need to "get real."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top