U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 05:47 PM

6,611 posts, read 10,944,131 times

Advertisements

Hmmm...and would these be the same "immigrant rights activists" that are constantly telling Americans that "Latinos are going to be in the majority soon so deal with it"?

Quote:
Lacking exact figures, the consensus among academic leaders and activists of the immigrant community is that in the United States there are between 11 and 12 million illegal aliens.
Number of illegal migrants in U.S. unchanged at 10.8 million - Fox News Latino#
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2011, 06:16 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,807,269 times
Lacking exact figures. . .

I would say they lack more than exact figures. How about common sense? The following idiotic quote says it all. . .

Quote:
Most unauthorized immigrants "either entered the United States without inspection or were admitted temporarily and stayed past the date they were required to leave," according to the DHS report.
MOST? By what other means could a person be illegal. . . if they didnít either enter illegally, or overstay a visa? Are we now growing illegals in special laboratories?

And, we should consider this credible?

Old 02-26-2011, 01:03 AM

3,845 posts, read 3,160,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Lacking exact figures. . .

I would say they lack more than exact figures. How about common sense? The following idiotic quote says it all. . .

MOST? By what other means could a person be illegal. . . if they didnít either enter illegally, or overstay a visa? Are we now growing illegals in special laboratories?

And, we should consider this credible?
It's about as believable as criminals admitting to and submitting stats on all their crimes.

Old 02-26-2011, 04:29 AM

2,381 posts, read 4,408,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
Hmmm...and would these be the same "immigrant rights activists" that are constantly telling Americans that "Latinos are going to be in the majority soon so deal with it"?

Number of illegal migrants in U.S. unchanged at 10.8 million - Fox News Latino[/url]#
I do believe that the number of illegal immigrants have remained the same. Many have left the country, others returned back and others migrated to the U.S as new illegal immigrants. i don't think that Latinos think that the Latino population will grow because of illegal immigrants. That is a big misconception. I believe the Latino population will grow period, mostly on the legal side. Latinos are the fastest growing community, and that was not a condescending statement...its just a fact.

In the new 2010 census, about 20 states have been counted so far. Most reveal that the fastest growing community are Latinos. So far 19 million counted and they have not finished the rest of the states. Take a look at a few states that have been counted so far;

Texas, one of the largest states where the Latino population grew 41.8 % over the last decade. Nevada, over the same decade, Latino population grew 81.9%. Oregon, 63.5%, Hawaii 37.8%, illinois 32.5%, Louisiana 78.7%..same decade.

2010 Census Data - 2010 Census

Old 02-26-2011, 04:52 AM

3,054 posts, read 5,027,908 times
Let's see, 16 million in the 80's when you never could find one to only 10.8 million now when they are all over? I'm calling BS ON THAT LESS THAN 11 MILLION number. I would say from the number we see in cities and rural areas stealing jobs from US Citizens that the number is closer to 30 million not 11 million.

Old 02-26-2011, 07:53 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,144,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
I do believe that the number of illegal immigrants have remained the same. Many have left the country, others returned back and others migrated to the U.S as new illegal immigrants. i don't think that Latinos think that the Latino population will grow because of illegal immigrants. That is a big misconception. I believe the Latino population will grow period, mostly on the legal side. Latinos are the fastest growing community, and that was not a condescending statement...its just a fact.

In the new 2010 census, about 20 states have been counted so far. Most reveal that the fastest growing community are Latinos. So far 19 million counted and they have not finished the rest of the states. Take a look at a few states that have been counted so far;

Texas, one of the largest states where the Latino population grew 41.8 % over the last decade. Nevada, over the same decade, Latino population grew 81.9%. Oregon, 63.5%, Hawaii 37.8%, illinois 32.5%, Louisiana 78.7%..same decade.

2010 Census Data - 2010 Census
I disagree. The Latino population has been growing mostly due to illegal immigration in the past couple of decades or so. How much future illegal immigration we will see from that group will be determined by whether or not we finally secure our borders and take enforcement of our immigration laws seriously. If we could see massive deportations or self deportations Latinos would never become the majority in this country overall.

Another determining factor would be changing birthright citizenship.

Old 02-26-2011, 10:05 AM

32,798 posts, read 30,025,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I disagree. The Latino population has been growing mostly due to illegal immigration in the past couple of decades or so. How much future illegal immigration we will see from that group will be determined by whether or not we finally secure our borders and take enforcement of our immigration laws seriously. If we could see massive deportations or self deportations Latinos would never become the majority in this country overall.

Another determining factor would be changing birthright citizenship.
The real question is how many kids have they left tax payers to raise?

Old 02-26-2011, 05:40 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,144,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
The real question is how many kids have they left tax payers to raise?
That is precisely why we need birthright citizenship changed ASAP! Let's cut our losses now.

Old 02-27-2011, 06:38 AM

4,827 posts, read 4,645,479 times
Who the hell comes up with these numbers. I believe there are 10 million illegal immigrants in California alone. Now how about the rest of the country...?

Old 02-27-2011, 06:52 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,237,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
Who the hell comes up with these numbers. I believe there are 10 million illegal immigrants in California alone. Now how about the rest of the country...?
Im in Arizona and the illegals here are down compared to a few years back. Far less stores that cater to them and many empty apartments in the barrios.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration