U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 11:19 AM

13,387 posts, read 16,249,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elamigo View Post
Hollywood simply tries to make movies they think people like to see that make the most money.

They have made movies on let mafia criminals have they not? How about the Godfather even though it is a fictional family but those event were true in the historical context. Not long ago they made a movie on that guy that I think was nicknamed "Baby Face in during the depression, remember? Take care.
Baby Face Nelson, They've made movies about John Gatti, Charles Manson, The Night Stalker, John Dillinger, Bonnie and Clyde ,,,, so what's your point?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2011, 03:06 PM

9,243 posts, read 7,130,224 times
Quote:
Hollywood simply tries to make movies they think people like to see that make the most money.

They have made movies on let mafia criminals have they not? How about the Godfather even though it is a fictional family but those event were true in the historical context. Not long ago they made a movie on that guy that I think was nicknamed "Baby Face in during the depression, remember? Take care.
Are criminals of US laws praised in the film?

Old 03-03-2011, 03:08 PM

Quote:

The ending of many criminal films end with the bad guys being punish

Old 03-03-2011, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Why dont YOU make a movie and promote anything you want...
Invading & breaking U.S laws are praised?

Maybe a movie about smoking weed with children, the best thing that could ever happen to you.
That sounds like a good movie right?

Old 03-03-2011, 04:07 PM

3,302 posts, read 3,768,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Baby Face Nelson, They've made movies about John Gatti, Charles Manson, The Night Stalker, John Dillinger, Bonnie and Clyde ,,,, so what's your point?
You missed the point? Well, I need to break it down for you more clearly I suppose.

1. A movie of a criminal is made, right? Close end question so it requires a yes or a no.

2. He asked why making a movie of a criminal? Correct? Open end question. This type of question requires an explanation on the answer.

3. Answer: Because Hollywood makes movies that they think are going to make the most money and usually this is done to please what they think is going to please a segment of the population to achieve the goal. I answered with an explanation, criteria satisfied because he did not ask for an opinion or point, correct?

Is that now what I said in my previous message? Question asked and question answered? In essence he did not asked for a point. He asked a question and it was answered. No point to make. Is this clearer? I do hope so. If not, let me know. English is my second language. I will be glad to practice more writing in trying to explain it to you, take care.

Old 03-03-2011, 04:13 PM

3,302 posts, read 3,768,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post

The ending of many criminal films end with the bad guys being punish
Again, that is what the OP asked. I answered what he asked. He did not asked whether criminals are praised. If that was his intent then he can state that. If that was his intent then he possed the OP message open for assumptions. He could have said he did not like a movie that praise criminals. Well, why am I explaining to you as if I have to defend myself! I answered his question, take care.

Old 03-03-2011, 04:13 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,182,536 times
Quote:
Invading & breaking U.S laws are praised?

Maybe a movie about smoking weed with children, the best thing that could ever happen to you.
That sounds like a good movie right?
That is my problem with these kinds of movies also. Normally, in the end when the criminal pays his just dues it teaches morality and justice. Making movies that praises criminals who don't in the end have to pay for their lawbreaking has the opposite affect. Hollywood can make any movie they want to but it is too bad when money trumps all.

Old 03-03-2011, 07:07 PM

13,692 posts, read 15,175,135 times
Quote:
Trailer with a better life

Why are they promoting the life of a criminal?
Who in the USA going to pay money to see that?

Old 03-03-2011, 07:32 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,249,569 times
More often than not, movies like this are a flop at the box office.

It will probably end up be shown only on Spanish stations.

Old 03-03-2011, 08:13 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,182,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
More often than not, movies like this are a flop at the box office.

It will probably end up be shown only on Spanish stations.
That's about the only crowd it will attract and maybe a few bleeding heart liberals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or