U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 07:18 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trounds2 View Post
Because the original 'ethnocentrics' (white racists called 'conservatives' these days) who are still ethnocentrics (racist) constantly use false and smearing words to demonize those they don't like. I do believe a country should control its own borders; but unlike people who usually use your language, I believe that means that all countries have that right including non-European, non-US countries. In other words the US should protect her own borders (mind her own business), and no more foreign wars against countries that have not attacked us, and give no serious indication of wanting to attack us.
The CEO's and other elites that most benefit from uncontrolled and illegal immigration are generally white. The most pro-illegal group are the pampered and very wealthy elites who want their cheap labor that brings in the huge profits for them and cannot imagine ever mowing their own lawns or washing their own dishes.

Cesar Chavez himself was not for open borders and illegal immigration, no matter how low it brought wages down.

Just like the old UFW understood, the illegals are brought in to disrupt the supply and demand aspect of wages and labor. They want UNLIMITED supplies of the cheapest possible and most desperate labor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2011, 04:12 PM

18,563 posts, read 15,771,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
Agreed sensible Legal Immigration would entail checks, a means of support and abiding by the present laws, not hordes of people with questionable backgrounds, criminals or importing in the illiterate or another Country's poverty wherever they may be from.
Canada and Australia have very liberal immigration policies however if their economies tank they pull up the welcome mat. It makes no sense to import 1.5 million a year to the USA in this environment.

Old 03-06-2011, 04:14 PM

18,563 posts, read 15,771,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
The CEO's and other elites that most benefit from uncontrolled and illegal immigration are generally white. The most pro-illegal group are the pampered and very wealthy elites who want their cheap labor that brings in the huge profits for them and cannot imagine ever mowing their own lawns or washing their own dishes.

Cesar Chavez himself was not for open borders and illegal immigration, no matter how low it brought wages down.

Just like the old UFW understood, the illegals are brought in to disrupt the supply and demand aspect of wages and labor. They want UNLIMITED supplies of the cheapest possible and most desperate labor.
Very true. I don't know what happened to the Left and Black leadership on this issue. They used to be some of the most vociferous supporters of restrictive immigration policies in the country.

Old 03-06-2011, 07:06 PM

3,951 posts, read 3,582,217 times
So basically, since illegal immigrants and their friends aren't getting salvation from Congress, they are complaining that those against illegal immigration are finally doing something and making their own legal and common-sense demands? LOL

It's very simple. The motivation of people who are fed up with illegal immigration has grown and it is obvious that the only way that the current Administration can SAVE illegal immigrants is to completely ignore the U.S. people and bull forward on giving amnesty. So, in the mean time, states and residents are doing what they should have done a long time ago.

More CRYING and COMPLAINING by illegal immigrants.

Old 03-07-2011, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Very true. I don't know what happened to the Left and Black leadership on this issue. They used to be some of the most vociferous supporters of restrictive immigration policies in the country.
They've taken the side of the cheap labor types. But also it has something to do with corporations moving into Mexico. If we stop letting in their excess servants and peons and welfare class in, Mexico can stop allowing the Walmarts, banks, and other big corporations in.

The politicians and these so-called left and minority leaders are sell outs. They don't give a rip about their American constituents.

Old 03-07-2011, 06:58 AM

And not that it would be right - but the black leadership that wants unlimited immigration from Mexico and Central America aren't even trying to protect the so-called black race by insisting that immigration be fair and equal. They aren't trying to help African people to immigrate. It's all for mainly the one country. Weird.

Old 03-07-2011, 07:57 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
And not that it would be right - but the black leadership that wants unlimited immigration from Mexico and Central America aren't even trying to protect the so-called black race by insisting that immigration be fair and equal. They aren't trying to help African people to immigrate. It's all for mainly the one country. Weird.
It’s a sad, sad state of affairs. Their focus has changed, because they have been bought by powerful special interest groups. Black issues have taken a back seat (no pun intended) to the more lucrative illegal immigration industry. Obviously, money trumps all. I can’t wait to see all of them eating crow after they’re thrown under the bus.

Old 03-07-2011, 10:33 AM

526 posts, read 412,145 times
Quote:

I agree with you 100% on this.

I have a theory about the elite in this country:

There are really two elites in this country- the economic elite, and the cultural elite.

The economic elite are the large corporations, banks, Wall St, U.S. Chamber of Commerce, etc. They largely, though not exclusively, support Republicans. Therefore, the leadership of the Republican Party is in their pocket. They are in favor of unlimited legal and illegal immigration for the reasons that Malamute cited above: keep down wages and benefits, and increase profits.

The cultural elite are the media, academia, the social sciences, large foundations, the "community organizers" and the ethnic grievance groups. They almost exclusively support the Democratic Party, who in turn do their bidding when in power. They are in favor of unlimited legal and illegal immigration for a variety of ideological reasons (white guilt, hatred of western civilization, misplaced idealism, or they see it as a way to raw political power)

On many issues, the two elites are opposed. But on the question of illegal immigration, they are in agreement, even though it is for different reasons. That's why almost NOTHING has been done about it whether Democrats or Republicans are in charge. However, the problem has gotten so out of control that I think the tide has turned and it will be difficult for the pro-illegal groups to keep the hordes coming.

My theory of the two elites also explains why both Conservatives and Liberals can feel oppressed and outraged. They both think of the other as the establishment, and in a way, they are both right. Liberals control the culture but not the economy, and Conservatives control the economy but not the culture. So they are both perpetually frustrated and angry.

Old 03-07-2011, 11:13 AM

3,302 posts, read 3,755,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Those that whites don't like TODAY? Living in the past are we? If you are referring to illegal aliens then I have news for you we have immigration laws and it isn't only whites that want them enforced. It isn't about not liking a certain group. Put your race card back in your wallet.

Our involvement in any wars has nothing to do with having immigration laws or our right to enforce them. Most countries have been involved wars throught out planet's history. Does that mean they don't have a right to enforce their immigration laws either?
Agree with you. People do confuse expressing law enforcement with racism. My parents came from Mexico and I lived part of my life there also. I am proud of my ethnic background and proud to say my root came from Mexico but that does not negate the fact that we need to enforce our laws.
However, there are people that their ulterior motive is racism but hide it with law enforcement. They will not accept that and I admit it is difficult to prove also. I do sense that in some cases in even in forums that discuss the topic. Technically they may be right about enforcing laws but are closet racists, take care.

Old 03-07-2011, 11:22 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elamigo View Post
Agree with you. People do confuse expressing law enforcement with racism. My parents came from Mexico and I lived part of my life there also. I am proud of my ethnic background and proud to say my root came from Mexico but that does not negate the fact that we need to enforce our laws.
However, there are people that their ulterior motive is racism but hide it with law enforcement. They will not accept that and I admit it is difficult to prove also. I do sense that in some cases in even in forums that discuss the topic. Technically they may be right about enforcing laws but are closet racists, take care.
You would have to have proof of that rather than just an opinion, however. Since illegals aren't all of the same race then I fail to see how this is a racist issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or