Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 02:13 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,559,333 times

Advertisements

Quote:
The failure of Congress and two presidents to enact immigration reform is plunging the nation into an ugly future. Call it the Arizonification of America.
Opinion: (http://mylatinonews.com/2011/02/opinion-%e2%80%98nativist-lobby%e2%80%99-is-winning-on-immigration/ - broken link)

Call it what you want. We want our laws enforced, and our borders secured.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2011, 02:52 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,316,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Opinion: (http://mylatinonews.com/2011/02/opinion-%e2%80%98nativist-lobby%e2%80%99-is-winning-on-immigration/ - broken link)

I'd like to know how wanting our immigration laws enforced makes us "Nativists"? We take in 1.5 million legal immigrants a year. Why do the left and ethnocentrics constantly use false and smearing words to demonize those for the rule of law?

Old 02-28-2011, 04:35 PM

12 posts, read 23,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I'd like to know how wanting our immigration laws enforced makes us "Nativists"? We take in 1.5 million legal immigrants a year. Why do the left and ethnocentrics constantly use false and smearing words to demonize those for the rule of law?
Because the original 'ethnocentrics' (white racists called 'conservatives' these days) who are still ethnocentrics (racist) constantly use false and smearing words to demonize those they don't like. I do believe a country should control its own borders; but unlike people who usually use your language, I believe that means that all countries have that right including non-European, non-US countries. In other words the US should protect her own borders (mind her own business), and no more foreign wars against countries that have not attacked us, and give no serious indication of wanting to attack us.

Old 02-28-2011, 05:23 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,490,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post

Quote:
If the illegals dont like it. Oh well.

Old 02-28-2011, 05:25 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,316,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trounds2 View Post
Because the original 'ethnocentrics' (white racists called 'conservatives' these days) who are still ethnocentrics (racist) constantly use false and smearing words to demonize those they don't like. I do believe a country should control its own borders; but unlike people who usually use your language, I believe that means that all countries have that right including non-European, non-US countries. In other words the US should protect her own borders (mind her own business), and no more foreign wars against countries that have not attacked us, and give no serious indication of wanting to attack us.
Those that whites don't like TODAY? Living in the past are we? If you are referring to illegal aliens then I have news for you we have immigration laws and it isn't only whites that want them enforced. It isn't about not liking a certain group. Put your race card back in your wallet.

Our involvement in any wars has nothing to do with having immigration laws or our right to enforce them. Most countries have been involved wars throught out planet's history. Does that mean they don't have a right to enforce their immigration laws either?

Old 02-28-2011, 05:27 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,490,828 times
Quote:
I aint all white and I dont like illegals. There trouble. Even Hispanic ones.

Old 03-01-2011, 10:13 PM

346 posts, read 709,116 times
Quote:
Please. Stop using the race card, that's a tired liberal game. I'm hispanic and am for anti-illegal immigration laws. We have to keep our population growing at a smart and steady pace, and last I checked illegal immigrants are not a race.

Old 03-02-2011, 02:53 AM

1,150 posts, read 1,178,586 times
Quote:
No, it's because illegal alien supporters have no valid argument as to why we should allow several million ilegal aliens to take jobs, and use serices, intended for citizens and legal immigrants. Thus they use the 'ethnocentric,' 'nativist,' and 'race' labels. It's like a child who knows he's wrong, but thinks if he can make someone else look worse, he doesn't look so bad.

Old 03-02-2011, 03:51 AM

3,875 posts, read 3,870,374 times
Quote:
It's another way the Pro-Illegals paint us as Racists. I wasn't born in the USA (I'm a naturalized citizen) Yet I've been called a Nativist also???

It's their PC way of calling someone a "Racist" as when all their arguments fail it's the only tactic they have left.

What is more offensive is what they call Americans of Hispanic decent that oppose them , they are labeled as sell outs, "Coconuts( Brown on the outside,but White on the inside)" among other names.

I have no problem accepting Nativist/Patriot if they accept Illegal Alien/ Foreign Invader. Then again why don't we be honest and list Illegal Aliens for who they really are... CRIMINAL LEACHES !!!

Old 03-02-2011, 03:55 AM

3,875 posts, read 3,870,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreXican View Post
Please. Stop using the race card, that's a tired liberal game. I'm hispanic and am for anti-illegal immigration laws. We have to keep our population growing at a smart and steady pace, and last I checked illegal immigrants are not a race.
Agreed sensible Legal Immigration would entail checks, a means of support and abiding by the present laws, not hordes of people with questionable backgrounds, criminals or importing in the illiterate or another Country's poverty wherever they may be from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration