Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 05:21 PM

1,117 posts, read 1,994,521 times

Advertisements

Below are excerpts from a speech given by former Colorado Governor Richard D. Lamm.

For those of you (and there are many of you on this forum) who seem to hate America and all she stands for, the below strategy will make you feel all warm and fuzzy.

For those of you (who are more like me), who love America and want to preserve this great country and all that makes it great, the below stratgey will chill you to the bone because you know that it is actually happening and that it might be too late to stop it.

HOW TO DESTROY AMERICA

"First, turn America into a bilingual or multi-lingual and bicultural country. History shows that no nation can survive the tension, conflict and antagonism of two or more competing languages and cultures. It is a blessing for an individual to be bilingual; however, it is a curse for a society to be bilingual. The historical scholar Seymour Lipset put it this way, "The histories of bilingual and bicultural societies that do not assimilate are histories of turmoil, tension and tragedy. Canada, Belgium, Malaysia, Lebanon-all face crises of national existence in which minorities press for autonomy, if not independence. Pakistan and Cyprus have divided. Nigeria suppressed an ethnic rebellion. France faces difficulties with Basques, Bretons and Corsicans."

"Second, invent 'multiculturalism' and encourage immigrants to maintain their own culture. I would make it an article of belief that all cultures are equal. That there are no cultural differences. I would make it an article of faith that the Black and Hispanic dropout rates are due to prejudice and discrimination by the majority. Every other explanation is out of bounds."

Third, "I would encourage all immigrants to keep their own language and culture. I would replace the melting pot metaphor with the salad bowl metaphor. It is important to ensure that we have various cultural sub-groups living in America reinforcing their differences rather than as Americans, emphasizing their similarities."

"Fourth, I would make our fastest growing demographic group the least educated. I would add a second underclass, unassimilated, undereducated and antagonistic to our population. I would have this second underclass have a 50% dropout rate from high school."

"My fifth point for destroying America would be to get big foundations and business to give these efforts lots of money. I would invest in ethnic identity, and I would establish the cult of 'Victimology'. I would get all minorities to think their lack of success was the fault of the majority. I would start a grievance industry blaming all minority failure on the majority population."

"My sixth plan for America's downfall would include dual citizenship and promote divided loyalties. I would celebrate diversity over unity. I would stress differences rather than similarities. Diverse people worldwide are mostly engaged in hating each other-that is, when they are not killing each other. A diverse, peaceful or stable society is against most historical precedent. People undervalue the unity it takes to keep a nation together. Look at the ancient Greeks: "The Greeks believed that they belonged to the same race; they possessed a common language and literature; and they worshipped the same gods. All Greece took part in the Olympic games. A common enemy Persia threatened their liberty. Yet, all these bonds were not strong enough to overcome two factors…local patriotism and geographical conditions that nurtured political divisions. Greece fell. In that historical reality, if we put the emphasis on the 'pluribus' instead of the 'unum, we can balkanize America as surely as Kosovo."

"Next to last, I would place all subjects off limits-make it taboo to talk about anything against the cult of 'diversity'. I would find a word similar to 'heretic' in the 16th century-that stopped discussion and paralyzed thinking. Words like 'racist' or 'xenophobe' halt discussion and debate."
"Having made America a bilingual--bicultural country, having established multiculturalism, having the large foundations fund the doctrine of 'Victimology', I would next make it impossible to enforce our immigration laws. I would develop a mantra: "That because immigration has been good for America, it must ALWAYS be good. I would make every individual immigrant sympatric and ignore the cumulative impact of millions of them."

"Lastly, I would censor Victor Davis Hansen's book 'MEXIFORNIA'. His book is dangerous. It exposes the plan to destroy America. If you feel America deserves to be destroyed, don't read that book."

Old 01-25-2009, 06:06 PM

50,281 posts, read 47,032,885 times
"Fourth, I would make our fastest growing demographic group the least educated. I would add a second underclass, unassimilated, undereducated and antagonistic to our population. I would have this second underclass have a 50% dropout rate from high school."

WISH GRANTED

Old 01-25-2009, 07:34 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,748,016 times
Quote:
For those of you (and there are many of you on this forum) who seem to hate America and all she stands for, the below strategy will make you feel all warm and fuzzy.

For those of you (who are more like me), who love America and want to preserve this great country and all that makes it great, the below stratgey will chill you to the bone because you know that it is actually happening and that it might be too late to stop it.
How well did this strategy work for republicans in the last elections?Remember rightwingers talking about how Obama hates america blah blah blah?

Old 01-25-2009, 07:47 PM

2,904 posts, read 6,916,294 times
OP: Great post, I've never heard of Lamm but he is a very informed individual. Really all of these steps can be summed up by the over-emphasis on diversity. The backwards belief that somehow our differences make us stronger rather than our similarities.

I'm not talking about racial diversity as I know people who are of a different race than myself that I would consider a part of my culture. I'm talking about cultural diversity. Regardless of which culture is better (no, they are not all equal), when a group immigrates into another country it's in everyone's best interest to assimilate to the majorities culture. I believe today's immigrants from Mexico will eventually assimilate because I don't believe we have reached the "tipping point" of being a bi-cultural nation. Not quite yet.

Great cultures and civilizations don't die, they commit suicide. It's time we buried "diversity" in the graveyard of foolish ideas and brought back the melting pot.

E pluribus unum

Old 01-25-2009, 07:49 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
i agree pluralism is not working. much worse criminals are saying hey stop attacking my culture and using pretty good lawyers and its working. of course that is hurting america but not destroying it, what is destroyiing it is our government is acting like our wife, a credit card crazed shopper.

50,281 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
How well did this strategy work for republicans in the last elections?Remember rightwingers talking about how Obama hates america blah blah blah?
Most aren't near as far right as you think, common sense is right down the middle and they aren't having this open border nonsense. The numbers don't lie. We are in dire straights partially due an open border and lax policies to people raping the system meant for Americans in need.

2,904 posts, read 6,916,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Read the post again. I don't even know which strategy you're referring to, but it's definitely not the one the op quoted.

Old 01-25-2009, 07:54 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,131,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by decafdave View Post
OP: Great post, I've never heard of Lamm but he is a very informed individual. Really all of these steps can be summed up by the over-emphasis on diversity. The backwards belief that somehow our differences make us stronger rather than our similarities.

I'm not talking about racial diversity as I know people who are of a different race than myself that I would consider a part of my culture. I'm talking about cultural diversity. Regardless of which culture is better (no, they are not all equal), when a group immigrates into another country it's in everyone's best interest to assimilate to the majorities culture. I believe today's immigrants from Mexico will eventually assimilate because I don't believe we have reached the "tipping point" of being a bi-cultural nation. Not quite yet.

Great cultures and civilizations don't die, they commit suicide. It's time we buried "diversity" in the graveyard of foolish ideas and brought back the melting pot.

E pluribus unum
As you stated.

If anything: Mexico had better be afraid that we (the USA) will finish the job that was left undone back in 1848.

Unless Mx grows up-----------fast; it is done as an independent nation courtesy of its impending civil war.

Old 01-25-2009, 07:57 PM

1,117 posts, read 1,994,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by decafdave View Post

E pluribus unum
I absolutely agree with you. We are the UNITED STATES, not the divided states. Remember....."United we stand, divided we fall".

I don't know when Americans started this foolish nonsense about "diversity being our greatest strength". Huh?? On the contrary, unity is our greatest strength. We can be a variety of races and ethnicities, but we need a COMMON culture, language, religion and political ideal.

Quote:
Great cultures and civilizations don't die, they commit suicide. It's time we buried "diversity" in the graveyard of foolish ideas and brought back the melting pot
Is that original? It's brilliant!

Old 01-25-2009, 08:35 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,131,207 times
Multiculturalism is a crock-------------pure and simple.

Note I have no problem with allowing people with Middle Class values regardless of race/ethnicity moving here legally. The reality is their core values are quite similar to Americans as a group.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration