U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 03:09 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,852,393 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
No, actually, in order for it to be considered part of this forum the post should show that it is "illegal immigration issue". So far, it is just an assumption. An assumption that is in line with all the rest in this forum...that All Mexicans ENTER ILLEGALLY.
Sorry, but MOST do. Again, Yac will move it if it belongs elsewhere. Tell me, do you oppose the location of the story (in this forum), or the sharing of this article?

Old 03-04-2011, 03:12 PM

2,381 posts, read 4,420,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Sorry, but MOST do. Again, Yac will move it if it belongs elsewhere. Tell me, do you oppose the location of the story (in this forum), or the sharing of this article?
There we go again. Can you please post your resource? Hundreds of Mexicans enter and leave this country by plane, bus or by car on a daily basis and return to their home with VISAS, permits or permanent residency.

Old 03-04-2011, 03:14 PM

6,611 posts, read 10,984,944 times
and many enter legally and STAY..................just sayin'

Old 03-04-2011, 03:23 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,852,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
There we go again. Can you please post your resource? Hundreds of Mexicans enter and leave this country by plane, bus or by car on a daily basis and return to their home with VISAS, permits or permanent residency.
I have posted a link to Pew Hispanic on numerous occasions. According to them, for the first time in U.S. history, Mexican illegal immigration outnumbers legal immigration. I have to run, but if you search this forum or Pew you will find it.

Old 03-04-2011, 03:53 PM

Quote:
I have posted a link to Pew Hispanic on numerous occasions. According to them, for the first time in U.S. history, Mexican illegal immigration outnumbers legal immigration. I have to run, but if you search this forum or Pew you will find it.
Quote:
No, actually, in order for it to be considered part of this forum the post should show that it is "illegal immigration issue". So far, it is just an assumption. An assumption that is in line with all the rest in this forum...that All Mexicans ENTER ILLEGALLY.
YOUR RESPONSE...
Quote:
Sorry, but MOST do.
Quote:
Can you please post your source? Hundreds of Mexicans enter and leave this country by plane, bus or by car on a daily basis and return to their home with VISAS, permits or permanent residency.
That link shows illegal immigrants LIVING in this country over a decade. NOT ENTERING ILLEGALLY. We are discussing Mexicans entering LEGALLY/ILLEGALLY. Your link does not support your statement that MOST Mexicans enter illegally. I will wait for your resource that shows that most Mexicans entering this country do so illegally.

Again, just because this lady is Mexican and the article states she entered the U.S., it does not mean she did so illegally. Per your assumption that every time you hear of someone coming this way from Mexico, they must be illegal.

But I'll wait for your resource or link.

Last edited by zacatecana; 03-04-2011 at 05:12 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 03-04-2011, 04:57 PM

4,628 posts, read 9,053,005 times
Quote:
Oh, but it IS relevant. If she entered illegally, she should not have received asylum. Particularly, given millions of others worldwide who would love to seek asylum in the U.S., but don’t have the convenience of simply crossing our border.
What an idiotic thing to say. You are simply trying to incite violence and hatred. That's all you have to offer. it's nothing but pure speculation on your part that she's even in the US.

And further, she has been the subject of continuous death threats since she took office. Of course, since she's a Mexican that's still wouldn't be enough in your mind for her to even consider seeking asylum. IF she has even done so.

I bolded, capitalized and underlined that word to help you recognize it.

Mexican authorities deny reports that border state's female police chief fled – This Just In - CNN.com Blogs

Old 03-04-2011, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
and many enter legally and STAY..................just sayin'
Are you even an American? That has about as much to do with this thread as your post. Read: nothing. Just sayin'...

Old 03-04-2011, 05:48 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,241,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Felina View Post
What an idiotic thing to say. You are simply trying to incite violence and hatred. That's all you have to offer. it's nothing but pure speculation on your part that she's even in the US.

And further, she has been the subject of continuous death threats since she took office. Of course, since she's a Mexican that's still wouldn't be enough in your mind for her to even consider seeking asylum. IF she has even done so.

I bolded, capitalized and underlined that word to help you recognize it.

Mexican authorities deny reports that border state's female police chief fled – This Just In - CNN.com Blogs
"A 20-year-old college student hired as police chief of a Mexican border town has left the job and fled to the United States after threats, an official said Friday.
Marisol Valles Garcia left the town of Praxedis G. Guerrero with her family, the El Diario newspaper cited Jorge Gonzalez Nicolas, an official investigating the threats, as saying."

Female police chief flees Mexico for U.S. - World news - Americas - Focus on Mexico - msnbc.com

The quoted is from Benicars first post. She did NOT make it up. So dont shoot the mesenger

Old 03-04-2011, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
"A 20-year-old college student hired as police chief of a Mexican border town has left the job and fled to the United States after threats, an official said Friday.
Marisol Valles Garcia left the town of Praxedis G. Guerrero with her family, the El Diario newspaper cited Jorge Gonzalez Nicolas, an official investigating the threats, as saying."

Female police chief flees Mexico for U.S. - World news - Americas - Focus on Mexico - msnbc.com

The quoted is from Benicars first post. She did NOT make it up. So dont shoot the mesenger
Again, the truth is that she has not yet resigned her position. It could be but...

IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION. At this point. Everything is pure speculation.

Old 03-04-2011, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post

I didn't say she made it up. I read the link. But you failed to read the link I posted...she didn't do too much checking, now did she?

You're missing the point. The OP's post is nothing but conjecture and most certainly does not belong in this forum.

The point is that because of the OP's unbalanced animosity towards Mexicans, every news article about a Mexican and the US is warped into another tirade about illegal Mexicans in this country.

This thread is meant for nothing other than to stir up even more anger towards Mexicans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or