U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 03-04-2011, 09:53 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Reputation: 3028

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Felina View Post
It's CNN.

There's nothing self-righteous about anything I posted; you're much too quick to misinterpret and misread things - or ignore them.

I see you really think she's "a Mexican asylum-seeker." Then your concern would be that she "may" have entered this country illegally. Do you know if she has a visa or a passport? No, of course you don't. So the only thing left is that she is a Mexican - which is your real problem with her.

No, "we" do not. How brilliant to concern yourself with how a famous, law-abiding Mexican citizen came into this country. Good thing we have people like you watching our borders for those criminals. We're safe now
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
I have no problem understanding that both; those that cross the border illegally and those that overstay their visa, are in fact breaking the law.

However, you do have a problem comprehending that there are thousands of Mexicans coming to our country on a daily basis. That majority do so legally.

Your posts prove to me that you do have a problem with Mexicans, irregardless of their legal status. Thanks for the debate.
I suppose you both ignored malamute’s post. Typical.


Wicked Felina, you accused me of spreading violence and hate, did you not? There was nothing to misinterpret or misread, as it was glaringly clear.

I wouldn’t care if she came from Mexico, Timbuktu, or Mars. So you can both discard your race cards. However, I do take issue with foreigners abusing the taxpayers of this country, and Mexican nationals, by far, comprise the largest group of offenders. Moreover, we are receiving far too many so-called asylum-seekers with bogus claims. Obama’s aunt comes to mind. Once granted asylum, they are eligible for myriad tax-funded benefits, of which they have contributed not one cent. So, yes, I have a problem with this woman seeking asylum here. Why isn’t she taking refuge in safer regions of Mexico, rather than coming here as though the entire country of Mexico is under siege.

Zac, I think we all know that many Mexicans obey our immigration laws. In fact, I know a few. That is NOT the issue. At issue is the fact that the majority of Mexicans currently living in this country are here in willful violation of our laws. If the majority of illegals were Haitian, I would feel the same disdain. Twist my words if you must, but my opposition to illegal immigration is based solely on the illegality of their presence, the crimes they commit, and the tremendous fiscal burden we as taxpayers must bear -- regardless of country of origin.

How dare I post an article pertaining to a Mexican national! Well, sorry ladies, but the majority of illegals are Mexican, so you can expect to see many, many more articles involving your “special” group. Furthermore, according to malamute’s post, she did NOT enter through legal channels. If you have evidence to disprove him, please share.

This BS nonsense of attacking everyone who dares to post an article involving “Mexicans” is tiresome, and beyond pathetic. Funny, I don’t recall either of you attacking me for posting articles on Obama’s asylum-seeking, illegal alien aunt . Oh, that’s right, she’s a black African.

 
Old 03-04-2011, 11:11 PM
 
2,381 posts, read 4,409,314 times
Reputation: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Zac, I think we all know that many Mexicans obey our immigration laws. In fact, I know a few. That is NOT the issue. At issue is the fact that the majority of Mexicans currently living in this country are here in willful violation of our laws. If the majority of illegals were Haitian, I would feel the same disdain. Twist my words if you must, but my opposition to illegal immigration is based solely on the illegality of their presence, the crimes they commit, and the tremendous fiscal burden we as taxpayers must bear -- regardless of country of origin.
I never twisted your words. I responded to your comments for what they were. If you were concerned "solely" with those that are illegal, why post a thread about an asylum seeker? Someone who is coming here legally. Why make assumptions that she is crossing the border illegally? You have made it clear in another post.

Quote:
How dare I post an article pertaining to a Mexican national!
I don't care that you posted an article on a Mexican national. This whole forum is on Mexican nationals. You don't see me posting on every single thread. Did you expect people to not debate against this article simply because the majority of illegal residents in the US are Mexican? Is that truly a reason to demonize an entire ethnic group?

Quote:
Well, sorry ladies, but the majority of illegals are Mexican, so you can expect to see many, many more articles involving your “special” group.
I have no problem with the threads as long as people don't demonize ANY group. It just so happens that Mexicans are the topic on every thread in this forum. If you were really nonjudgmental and only concerned with illegal immigrants, you would be careful not to make stereotypes and generalizations of ANY group. Particularly when the article said nothing about illegal immigration or entering the country illegally.

Quote:
Furthermore, according to malamute’s post, she did NOT enter through legal channels. If you have evidence to disprove him, please share.
malamute's article did NOT mention anything about the lady not going through the legal channels. That is HIS opinion.

Quote:
This BS nonsense of attacking everyone who dares to post an article involving “Mexicans” is tiresome, and beyond pathetic. Funny, I don’t recall either of you attacking me for posting articles on Obama’s asylum-seeking, illegal alien aunt . Oh, that’s right, she’s a black African.
Did you really think about that statement? I don't go after every thread you make. This one clearly is not an illegal immigration issue. Regarding Obama's aunt, I do remember posting I was in favor of her staying unless it was during the period I was absent from the forum, traveling. I don't know what you mean by she's black? My closest friends who are in the country illegally are actually from Africa and Brazil.
 
Old 03-05-2011, 01:26 AM
 
Location: Spokane via Sydney,Australia
6,611 posts, read 10,946,003 times
Reputation: 3083
This thread is now definitely causing a Whiskey Foxtrot Tango moment at this end................
 
Old 03-05-2011, 01:38 AM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 16,203,701 times
Reputation: 4611
Quote:
A U.S. Homeland Security spokesperson had no comment on the asylum report.
Quote:
"Asylum applications are confidential under immigration law
," the official said, "and we may not discuss information regarding whether an individual has or has not filed an application."
OH.....so the immigration Law is only pertinent to them when it benefits their safety..
 
Old 03-05-2011, 01:50 AM
 
Location: SF Bay Area
14,330 posts, read 19,022,377 times
Reputation: 18436
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
That was probably her plan from the beginning. No info on whether she and her relatives entered legally.


Report: Female police chief, 20, flees Mexico - World news - Americas - Focus on Mexico - msnbc.com
Glad she's here. Beautiful young woman and a college student. Can't blame here for fleeing from the savages. Hopefully she can replace someone who voted for Bush.
 
Old 03-05-2011, 04:14 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Felina View Post
First sign of being threatened. You haven't the slightest idea what you're talking about.
Why would she have taken such a job in the first place?

And how absurd that the same people who want to keep the border wide open with a country like Mexico and have any one at all allowed to cross over as they please now insist that it makes sense to handout out asylum to all who would come?

Who are all these people the asylum seekers are claiming threaten them? What do they pretend to be afraid of in the first place? No one other than their own fellow Mexicans. No open border and unlimited immigration is going to protect all these thousands of asylum seekers.

If Mexico has become so dangerous as some of you are insisting it is, then WHY do we have an open border with it? Why do the same ones who insist everyone from Mexico is great and there should be nothing done to stop anyone from crossing over for any reason, now insist it's a dangerous violent country filled with horrendous killers and a government that is dangerous.

Asylum and costly refugee services for the citizens of a country we have an open border with is absurd to the max.

And asylum for the families of cartels, and there is no reason to believe anyone from the Valley of Juarez wasn't associated with cartels including 20 year old that now demand asylum and the handouts that go with it for their entire extended families. Does anyone believe an honest law-abiding law-enforcing type could have become police chief in a cartel ridden region like that in the first place?
 
Old 03-05-2011, 04:19 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Glad she's here. Beautiful young woman and a college student. Can't blame here for fleeing from the savages. Hopefully she can replace someone who voted for Bush.
Savages? What savages? Who are the savages? Are you now telling us that Mexico is filled with savages?

All the open-border proponents would tell you that we must keep the border open because they aren't savages.

And - keep in mind that crossing the border legally or illegally or to cash in on asylum does not change someone magically from being a savage to a non-savage.

And Mexico is not filled with savages, there is absolutely no reason these asylum seekers shouldn't find cities to the south perfectly safe.

Of if Mexico is filled with violent criminal savages, then why wouldn't you want to see a little border enforcement. If these people actually feared their fellow citizen savages in their own country - they sure as hell wouldn't be coming to the USA to hide from them.
 
Old 03-05-2011, 07:20 AM
 
Location: Tempe, Az
1,421 posts, read 1,237,724 times
Reputation: 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Glad she's here. Beautiful young woman and a college student. Can't blame here for fleeing from the savages. Hopefully she can replace someone who voted for Bush.
Good reason to shut the border. Keep them savages OUT.
 
Old 03-05-2011, 07:21 AM
 
Location: Tempe, Az
1,421 posts, read 1,237,724 times
Reputation: 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
This thread is now definitely causing a Whiskey Foxtrot Tango moment at this end................
Aint that the truth!
 
Old 03-05-2011, 10:08 AM
 
Location: SouthCentral Texas
3,855 posts, read 4,085,289 times
Reputation: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Why would she have taken such a job in the first place?

And how absurd that the same people who want to keep the border wide open with a country like Mexico and have any one at all allowed to cross over as they please now insist that it makes sense to handout out asylum to all who would come?

Who are all these people the asylum seekers are claiming threaten them? What do they pretend to be afraid of in the first place? No one other than their own fellow Mexicans. No open border and unlimited immigration is going to protect all these thousands of asylum seekers.

If Mexico has become so dangerous as some of you are insisting it is, then WHY do we have an open border with it? Why do the same ones who insist everyone from Mexico is great and there should be nothing done to stop anyone from crossing over for any reason, now insist it's a dangerous violent country filled with horrendous killers and a government that is dangerous.

Asylum and costly refugee services for the citizens of a country we have an open border with is absurd to the max.

And asylum for the families of cartels, and there is no reason to believe anyone from the Valley of Juarez wasn't associated with cartels including 20 year old that now demand asylum and the handouts that go with it for their entire extended families. Does anyone believe an honest law-abiding law-enforcing type could have become police chief in a cartel ridden region like that in the first place?
No reason?...How 'bout freaking common sense! To actually believe that EVERYONE is associated with the cartels is _________. Im not going to fill in the blank. I'll leave that to the forum readers.

Correct and genius are definitely not options.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top