Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 06:03 PM

2,381 posts, read 5,043,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
My mind is open, but facts are facts. I’m sorry, but you can’t alter the truth to suit your opinion.
I'm not in denial about those facts. All I'm saying is that it doesn't support your statement that most Mexicans enter the country illegally. As I said, we have an open trade, open border for business and you have to count the number of planes that come from Mexico. The number of entries for Mexicans do not equal the number of stays.

There is no relevance in your statement. If the majority of Mexicans residents in this country are illegal, it has been over a long period of time. The truth and a fact is that the majority of Mexicans entering this country via plane, car, boat, bus, train or car are doing so LEGALLY. Posting an article that states a Mexican came this way does not say she is an illegal. That is a very distorted perception of Mexicans entering this country. It says about the ignorance of U.S. citizens about how the border economy works.

Old 03-04-2011, 06:06 PM

2,381 posts, read 5,043,730 times
Quote:
A blog?

Oh please, spare me the self-righteous indignation. How is posting an article regarding a Mexican asylum-seeker inciting violence and hatred? You defend miscreants, and you have the gall to take the moral high ground. Give me a break.

Sorry, but she knew the risks when she accepted the job.

I guess these media outlets are also inciting violence and hatred. Note that even the “Latina” news source is covering this story.

Marisol Valles Garcia: Female Mexican Police Chief Seeks Asylum in U.S. - ABC News

Mexican Police Chief Marisol Valles Garcia Flees Country, Seeks Asylum in the U.S. | Latina

Report: Female police chief seeks asylum in U.S. - World Watch - CBS News

UPDATE: She told Mexican officials she will be returning to work on Monday. ~Univision

Old 03-04-2011, 06:06 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
That was probably her plan from the beginning. No info on whether she and her relatives entered legally.

Report: Female police chief, 20, flees Mexico - World news - Americas - Focus on Mexico - msnbc.com
My thoughts exactly. First of all, she made it very clear to the cartels that she wasn't going to inconvenience them in any way, and that she saw the police as social workers nothing more. She was going to send police door to door trying to help people with their problems, she was never going to take on the cartel.

So why exactly would the cartel threaten her? It makes no sense whatsoever and she can't be stupid enough to think the cartel isn't in the USA.

Refugees are getting huge money, better and faster than welfare handouts if they come to the USA.

There's another case in the news from Juarez about the relatives of a hitman who worked for a big drug lord who is now seeking asylum in the USA, even though Spain, Venezuela and another country already offered them asylum. I'm sure most of these people know full well the refugee handouts are very sizeable in the USA and that's why they choose the USA.

Old 03-04-2011, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
Brilliant! She studied criminology at the University of Guadalajara, moved back to Juarez, had a baby, got a job in municipal government, waited for the police chief to be killed, got his job, waited for the female police chief in the neighboring town to be kidnapped (never to be found), waited for threats cartel threats against her - and then sneaked into the US to claim easy asylum. You gotta watch for them crafty Mexicans - they'll do anything to get into the USA.
Nothing stops her from heading to safer parts of Mexico and in reality the homicide rates of many cities in Mexico are lower than cities in the USA. Mexico City even for as big as it is, does not have a very high homicide rate. Some cities in the southern parts of Mexico are very calm.

The cartel isn't making threats against her - it has no reason to because she very plainly announced she wasn't going to bother them in any way at all.

I'm sure plenty of people have noticed how easily political asylum is being given and it comes with some very nice financial benefits - why wouldn't someone be clever enough to figure out the easy ways to get asylum? It's not rocket science.

Old 03-04-2011, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
UPDATE: She told Mexican officials she will be returning to work on Monday. ~Univision
Not likely.

Confirma fiscal que Marisol abandonó Praxedis | Local | Diario.com.mx

La directora de Seguridad Pública de Praxedis G. Guerrero, Marisol Valles García, sí abandonó su puesto en ese municipio luego de recibir amenazas de muerte y se fue a Estados Unidos junto con su familia, dijo el fiscal para la persecución del delito, Jorge González Nicolás.

She's in the USA now. She never waited for a visa to come legally, she came and now is demanding her asylum and the money that goes with it.

Also there is no evidence of any danger being made, (only 2 bodies found in irrigation canals, Praxedis has been quite calm as of late).

http://www.diario.com.mx/notas.php?f...c29b050f34d327

El secretario del Ayuntamiento indicó que desde que inició la presente administración municipal no han reportado hechos violentos como los que ocurrían anteriormente. Salvo dos riñas callejeras que se han registrado, el municipio se encuentra muy tranquilo.

Esto llama la atención, ya que contrario a los municipios colindantes como Juárez y Guadalupe Distrito Bravos donde los crímenes, secuestros, balaceras y tráfico de drogas están a la orden del día en Praxedis no pasa nada.

“Sólo han encontrado dos cuerpos atorados en los canales de irrigación, pero hasta el momento no hemos registrado hechos violentos”, dijo el funcionario.

“A esto no le encontramos una cuestión lógica, nosotros estamos enfocados al tema de prevención, ahora hay confianza del pueblo hacia las agentes pero lo cierto es que eso nos desconcierta como administración municipal”, puntualizó Morales Arreola.

Last edited by malamute; 03-04-2011 at 06:28 PM..

Old 03-04-2011, 06:23 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,555,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
I'm not in denial about those facts. All I'm saying is that it doesn't support your statement that most Mexicans enter the country illegally. As I said, we have an open trade, open border for business and you have to count the number of planes that come from Mexico. The number of entries for Mexicans do not equal the number of stays.

There is no relevance in your statement. If the majority of Mexicans residents in this country are illegal, it has been over a long period of time. The truth and a fact is that the majority of Mexicans entering this country via plane, car, boat, bus, train or car are doing so LEGALLY. Posting an article that states a Mexican came this way does not say she is an illegal. That is a very distorted perception of Mexicans entering this country. It says about the ignorance of U.S. citizens about how the border economy works.
I’m not sure why you are belaboring the issue of illegal entry versus visa overstay. They are BOTH violating our laws, ergo, ILLEGAL ALIENS. Again, the MAJORITY of Mexicans living in this country are here ILLEGALLY. That is ALL that matters.

Old 03-04-2011, 06:27 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,555,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
My thoughts exactly. First of all, she made it very clear to the cartels that she wasn't going to inconvenience them in any way, and that she saw the police as social workers nothing more. She was going to send police door to door trying to help people with their problems, she was never going to take on the cartel.

So why exactly would the cartel threaten her? It makes no sense whatsoever and she can't be stupid enough to think the cartel isn't in the USA.

Refugees are getting huge money, better and faster than welfare handouts if they come to the USA.

There's another case in the news from Juarez about the relatives of a hitman who worked for a big drug lord who is now seeking asylum in the USA, even though Spain, Venezuela and another country already offered them asylum. I'm sure most of these people know full well the refugee handouts are very sizeable in the USA and that's why they choose the USA.
Quote:
Nothing stops her from heading to safer parts of Mexico and in reality the homicide rates of many cities in Mexico are lower than cities in the USA. Mexico City even for as big as it is, does not have a very high homicide rate. Some cities in the southern parts of Mexico are very calm.

The cartel isn't making threats against her - it has no reason to because she very plainly announced she wasn't going to bother them in any way at all.

I'm sure plenty of people have noticed how easily political asylum is being given and it comes with some very nice financial benefits - why wouldn't someone be clever enough to figure out the easy ways to get asylum? It's not rocket science.
Absolutely!

Quote:
Not likely.

Confirma fiscal que Marisol abandonó Praxedis | Local | Diario.com.mx

La directora de Seguridad Pública de Praxedis G. Guerrero, Marisol Valles García, sí abandonó su puesto en ese municipio luego de recibir amenazas de muerte y se fue a Estados Unidos junto con su familia, dijo el fiscal para la persecución del delito, Jorge González Nicolás.

She's in the USA now. She never waited for a visa to come legally, she came and now is demanding her asylum and the money that goes with it.
Thank you!

Old 03-04-2011, 06:30 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,837,211 times
Gaining asylum for her may not be that easy judging by a recent denial........

Quote:
In Alarcon’s case, the judge ruled that the dangers he faced as a police officer in Juarez were “the risks police officers have to take,”
Juarez Officer Denied U.S. Asylum - The Texas Observer

Old 03-04-2011, 06:44 PM

And this asylum seeking family are major hypocrits.

They despise the USA, they place all the blame on the USA for their situation - they are relatives of a El Rikin hitman, very angry at their own government for it's war on drugs and even angrier at the USA for it's support of their government. They want no drug war as they are in the cartel business.

Yet....... what happened? They now want asylum and all the handouts that go with it in the USA. They passed up Venezuela which would have been the obvious best country for them, and they passed up Spain and France. Ahhhhh... now for the easy life in the USA.....

Si nos vamos no es por cobardía: Marisela | Local | Diario.com.mx

Me preguntaban si me voy a ir a Estados Unidos y yo les decía: ¿Cómo me voy a ir a Estados Unidos si ellos son los que nos están enviando las armas para que nos maten?. Ahí esta toda la responsabilidad. A ellos no les importa hacer, fabricar armas para que nosotros los mexicanos nos estemos asesinando de esta manera”, señaló Marisela.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fi7pD...eature=related

Warning - very foul language.

And about their nephew/son (aka El Sapo)

PGR investiga caso homicidios de integrantes de la familia Reyes Salazar Grupo Imagen (http://www.imagen.com.mx/noticia/nacional/pulso/pgr_investiga_caso_homicidios_de_integrantes_de_la _familia_reyes_salazar/27397/ - broken link)

De acuerdo a la PGR, Miguel Angel Reyes Salazar fue procesado por haber sido detenido con "El Rikin", junto con Adrian Cervantes Luz y Arturo Montes Ortiz, por elementos del Ejército Mexicano cuando viajaban en vehículos blindados a bordo de vehículos blindados en el centro del poblado de Nuevo Casas Grandes Chihuahua.

Why go to the despised USA? It's got to be the money. It sure isn't love of the USA which this family passionately blames for the drug war against their beloved cartel.

Old 03-04-2011, 06:53 PM

Here they come - seeking asylum from - you guessed it, the hated but very generous United States:

LOS REYES SE VAN DE CIUDAD JUÁREZ*|*La Polaka (http://lapolaka.com/2011/03/04/los-reyes-se-van-de-ciudad-juarez/ - broken link)

Coming to demand their asylum in the USA which backs Calderon - and these jokers blame Calderon and the USA for their plight in the first place. They're contempt for the USA is well-known.

Well now we get to feed them and put them up in style the rest of their lives. 33 members of this family coming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration