U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 09:07 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,807,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
He should realize that as he's in Spain.

Interestingly enough, he doesn't bring up the destruction of Mexican and Peruvian cities by the Spaniards. The Aztecs hated the Spanish Conquistadors.

But actually - so what - that happened a long long time ago and things in the past are history. Just like slavery and many things of the past, we can't undo them but we don't have to allow them.

Just because the Spaniards took lands that belonged to Aztecs, Incans and many others doesn't mean we have to allow all of Central America to colonize the USA and make it their own.

They have their countries, we have ours. Their countries like ours are actually a mix of races and ethnicities, but what's different are the system of laws, the cultures, the languages.

All of Central America can not simply relocate to the USA for the good life. Yes we can accomodate some, those who wish to join the people of the USA, learn our language and culture, adapt to our ways, but this moving entire villages over en masse is foolish.
http://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g378/malcolm001/shhh-1.png (broken link) We’re not supposed to know that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2011, 09:24 AM

25,060 posts, read 22,101,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
We’re not supposed to know that.
Yeah, we're only supposed to know that the evil British caused destruction of everything they touched, the Spaniards were all chummy and lovely. That way, PC Americans have a reason to hate white people (even if they are white themselves), and latinos have a reason to somehow blame their problems on the gringo

Old 03-06-2011, 09:53 AM

5,200 posts, read 4,106,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
All of Central America can not simply relocate to the USA for the good life. Yes we can accomodate some, those who wish to join the people of the USA, learn our language and culture, adapt to our ways, but this moving entire villages over en masse is foolish.
If I invite someone to my house to share a meal, that is acceptable. If you break into my house, raid my refrigerator and trash my house, that is not acceptable.

Old 03-06-2011, 10:54 AM

3,493 posts, read 2,385,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggy View Post
I view them like you would any refugee. Is it illegal? Technically. If they are not career criminals but are fleeing poverty and criminal acts then I understand.
As a matter of fact I can respect that more than I can a "drunk driver" or someone who "speeds" because they are late for work. Mexican refugees don't come over here to harm you, they risk harm to themselves. Yet the later Americans that break driving laws could possibly harm people, or even kill them.
Is it ethical to live next door to these people without helping them? Do you feel fine in your rich state, good homes, with your freedom to walk down the street while your neighbors are starving, and afraid for their families life? It's a difficult situation, especially if you have any compassion for others.
I guess it's all relative to me. No one questions the people fleeing other countries because of poor circumstances, why do we? I think we are just use to their plight.

I might add I think all people are different. During an ice storm their are some that have crowded homes with heat and some that don't open their doors and just watch their neighbors without it out it through their window and thank God they have a generator or their electricity wasn't effected. It just depends on the person.
Mexico is not a poor country.

The world's richest man lives there as well as eleven other billionaires. Mexico has rich national resources. Mexican officials and their own poor have decided that rather than ask the rich oligarchs who control Mexico to create a decent society for their own people they will simply ship their poor and uneducated people here.

How is that fair? Can we take our poor people and ship them to Mexico after Mexicans said no? Can we then demand that Mexicans educate their children in English, provide them with free medical care and put food on their table?

Why not?

How is it ethical to demand that Americans provide all sorts of services for foreigners who break our laws and contribute nothing in turn? Particularly when said foreigners refuse to demand anything from their own rulers?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or