Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 05:44 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times

Advertisements

Let’s see if Obama and Holder ignore this. After all, the employment of illegal aliens is a violation of Federal Law. Furthermore, they still need a SSN to work. Or, perhaps they intend to violate that law also.

Quote:
SALT LAKE CITY — State lawmakers pushed through a series of bills touted as a Utah solution to illegal immigration, though it nearly crumbled like a House of cards late Friday night.

HB116 will:

Establish in the Department of Public Safety a program for illegal immigrants to obtain a work permit in Utah.
Utah Legislature passes package of immigration bills | Deseret News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2011, 05:51 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,841,462 times
I wonder how unemployed Americans and legal residents in Utah feel right now..............is this what they mean by a "level playing field" ?

Old 03-05-2011, 05:52 PM

158 posts, read 270,356 times
There goes the neighborhood !!

Old 03-05-2011, 06:05 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,923,793 times
isnt utah a republican stronghold in state government?

funny that they would pass this bill.

of course this proves my point that republicans would push amnesty even possibly moreso then dems to gain a voting block.

Old 03-05-2011, 06:27 PM

97 posts, read 220,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
I wonder how unemployed Americans and legal residents in Utah feel right now..............is this what they mean by a "level playing field" ?
Hey, I'm one of those residents, and I can tell you....IT SUCKS
I am seriously considering a protest march on the capitol, AFTER writing the lawmakers who voted for this crapola

SIII = Stop Illegal Immigration Immediately

PS: I personally apologize to the rest of America for the dispicable actions of our legislature

Old 03-05-2011, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by outnabout View Post
Hey, I'm one of those residents, and I can tell you....IT SUCKS
I am seriously considering a protest march on the capitol, AFTER writing the lawmakers who voted for this crapola

SIII = Stop Illegal Immigration Immediately

PS: I personally apologize to the rest of America for the dispicable actions of our legislature
what do you have to whine about. you voted in the republican majorities. live with your decision.

Old 03-05-2011, 07:15 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
what do you have to whine about. you voted in the republican majorities. live with your decision.
Illegal immigration and amnesty enjoy bipartisan support in government. This is no secret to many of us, since it was a Republican president who did the first amnesty

Old 03-05-2011, 07:28 PM

not to the average republican. ive known that for awhile, but most are gullible enough to believe amnesty is a dem play only.

Old 03-05-2011, 07:37 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
not to the average republican. ive known that for awhile, but most are gullible enough to believe amnesty is a dem play only.
That's what happens when you watch only Fox News. Yes it's the only mainstream US news channel I watch, but I balance it out with Alex Jones and Russia Today (recently). Then again, it's nothing I already knew. Both parties are really one party, and they just play the abortion/anti-abortion game and the fake class warfare while we're being raped by the mega banks

Old 03-06-2011, 07:10 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
That's what happens when you watch only Fox News. Yes it's the only mainstream US news channel I watch, but I balance it out with Alex Jones and Russia Today (recently). Then again, it's nothing I already knew. Both parties are really one party, and they just play the abortion/anti-abortion game and the fake class warfare while we're being raped by the mega banks
No truer words. We are being played by both parties. Sadly, the sheeple have been so thoroughly indoctrinated to adhere to party loyalty, they don’t even realize they are mere puppets on a string. In reality, there is no difference between the Democrat and Republican politicians, because neither side has our best interest at heart. Most are greedy narcissists, motivated by their insatiable thirst for power. Yet, their blind followers continue to rip each other apart like wild animals, because no matter what, they MUST defend “their side.”

Unless people wake up and see politicians for the crooks they are, our country is doomed. In my entire life, I have never witnessed such vitriolic partisan bickering as now. The puppeteers must be proud.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration