Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 05:09 PM

902 posts, read 717,913 times

Advertisements

Having watched McCain's interview with Tim Russert last night, I've had to stop considering voting for McCain.

How can any voter of good conscience accept McCain's continuing charge that Romney's statement regarding particularly Clinton having announced even a 'schedule' for withdrawal equate with Romney wanting a "withdrawal"? How, if even troops were to be reduced, those troops were to be reduced without 'withdrawing' those troops?

How can anyone sit there and, after 'securing the border' state "we'll see" on illegal immigration? Why must the electorate not see what his commitment is now?

How can any voter of good conscience accept McCain's using Fox's adviser, Juan Hernandez, on (coerced) emigration as his adviser on so- called "immigration"?

Having lived in Mexico (and there legally defrauded for being an "undocumented North American worker in Mexico"), I am quite familiar with the role of Hernandez's "Mexicans Abroad" program.

I have met, since my return from Mexico, functionaries of Mexican government (particularly from FONATUR) who I knew in Mexico and, there, were best known for defrauding Americans and Mexicans alike, and now in the U.S. as [Dual] U.S. Citizens [of Mexico] under the "Mexicans Abroad" program to both qualify arrivals for their--- second---Matricular IDs and register Mexicans in U.S. elections.

How can any voter of good conscience not subordinate any and all issues to the single most paramount issue of all: having another congenital liar in the WH?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2008, 05:37 PM

2,260 posts, read 3,880,925 times
Yup, Romney is the lesser of two evils here

Old 01-28-2008, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan61 View Post
I believe so, though to be honest McCain never really had much of a chance with me anyway since I knew what he was about when it came to immigration and illegals.

Old 01-28-2008, 05:50 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,155,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan61 View Post
PolitiFact | FACT SHEET: Immigration

Here's a run down on illegal immigrants, McCain's bill, and where they stand. It's pretty fair, IMO. Nobody's perfect.

Old 01-28-2008, 05:55 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,747,478 times
I don't think you even considered voting for McCain in the first place. LOL

Old 01-28-2008, 06:01 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,747,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post

Here's a run down on illegal immigrants, McCain's bill, and where they stand. It's pretty fair, IMO. Nobody's perfect.
Quote:
2006 Governor Romney supported the President’s immigration policy as well as the McCain-Kennedy bill. He expressed support for an immigration program that places large numbers of illegal residents on the path toward citizenship and said illegal immigrants should have a chance to obtain citizenship.
He even went as far as to say that Republicans that break from the President on this issue are making a "big mistake" according to the Associated Press.
Now Presidential Candidate Mitt Romney says he ‘’strongly opposes'’ the immigration plan also denounced by conservatives even though his public statements suggest he actually agrees with major aspects of the proposal in Congress.
eyeon08.com » Border security group attacks Romney for flip-flopping on immigration

Quote:
Check out what he said back in 2005, in an interview with editors and writers at the Globe. Romney opined at the time that it would not be "practical or economic for the country" to deport all illegal immigrants, and here's what he had to say about the citizenship-pathway proposals being offered at the time by President Bush and McCain:
"They require people signing up for, registering and receiving, if you will, a number, a registration number, then working here for six years and paying taxes, not taking benefits — health, Medicaid, food stamps — and so on, not taking benefits, and then at the end of that period, registering to become a citizen or applying to become a citizen and paying a fee. And those are things that are being considered. I think those are reasonable proposals."
To hear the 2005 comments, and his recent denunciation of those same policies at CPAC, go to the Globe's article. They have some mp3's embedded in their piece, and you can listen for yourself.
The Latest Romney Flip-Flop: Illegal Immigration | TPMCafe

Old 01-28-2008, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post

McCain can not be trusted...EVER!!!

Old 01-29-2008, 12:51 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,508,441 times
The MSM is pushing McCain. That ought to be enough for any well informed person to run the other way as fast as they can.

Old 01-29-2008, 03:29 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,695,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark-Baby View Post
McCain can not be trusted...EVER!!!
I could not agree more, Ozark-Baby!

John McCain is a FRAUD and has basically snubbed his nose at the citizens of Arizona who, I might add, entrusted him with their votes and definitely deserve better. Another point in question . . . why is he able to collect a Senator's PayCheck when he hasn't worked for months? Is that his connotation of Fiscal Responsibility?

Unfortunately, once his ethics are in question, how can we respect him with any of his promises or assurances?

Old 01-29-2008, 03:31 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,695,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crittersitter View Post
The MSM is pushing McCain. That ought to be enough for any well informed person to run the other way as fast as they can.
Great point, Critter!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration