U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 01:32 PM

175 posts, read 203,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Too bad but for some reason the anti-American feelings of the Mexicans never stops them from coming over to give birth here and accept their welfare handouts here or even to work here.

I wish they'd get so anti-American that they'd all get in a huff and leave and get some real Mexican pride and go back and build their country up.
Exactly
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2011, 01:35 PM

10,032 posts, read 6,860,628 times
Calderon: Anti-American Feeling Is Growing in Mexico

Good! Maybe now they understand that we don't need them here and we certainly don't want them here. When asked about a solution of course El Presidente mentions the dream act and the U.S. needing to take action but no mention of Mexico doing anything to help matters.

Old 03-07-2011, 03:15 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
If Calderon had an ounce of integrity he would keep his trap shut. His citizens are whining about their new immigration law, and it hasn’t even been implemented. I would hate to see how they would react if they had 10% of the poor and uneducated from Guatemala living illegally in their country, sucking them dry. Talk about hypocrisy.

Citizens react to Mexico’s new immigration law.

Quote:
That’s all we needed!” said a reader who posted a comment on the El Informador :: Noticias de Jalisco, México, Deportes & Entretenimiento article about the Mexican Senate measure. “Now we’re going to have [illegal immigrants] living off our taxes. We’re already too generous, why do more?”
Quote:
“How is it possible that we want to encourage the world to pass through Mexico? Now our borders will be inundated by immigrants from China, India, Africa, Poland, etc. – in addition to all the ones from Central and South
http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/politics/2011/02/23/mexico-tries-deal-illegal-immigration-problem/America!” (broken link)

Old 03-07-2011, 03:24 PM

6,611 posts, read 10,948,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
If Calderon had an ounce of integrity he would keep his trap shut. His citizens are whining about their new immigration law, and it hasn’t even been implemented. I would hate to see how they would react if they had 10% of the poor and uneducated from Guatemala living illegally in their country, sucking them dry. Talk about hypocrisy.

Citizens react to Mexico’s new immigration law.
http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/politics/2011/02/23/mexico-tries-deal-illegal-immigration-problem/America!” (broken link)
LOL, yeah I posted that in another thread on here somewhere - it's great to see the reactions when the shoe's on the other foot isn't it?

Old 03-07-2011, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
LOL, yeah I posted that in another thread on here somewhere - it's great to see the reactions when the shoe's on the other foot isn't it?
Can they be more hypocritical?

Old 03-07-2011, 03:33 PM

884 posts, read 584,962 times
If only I could talk to Calderon for one hour on Mexico's national news channel. You think the Anti-American feelings are growing now!!! Just one hour!

Old 03-07-2011, 03:36 PM

2,381 posts, read 4,410,081 times
Quote:
Oh, the horror! Please, say it ain’t so.

Mexico
That is not a credit source. If you really want to know why Mexicans are outraged, you should see the Mexican media. Its not because immigration reform has not passed but rather because of the confession of the U.S. ATF agent who said it was U.S. DOJ and the ATF who planned an operation to infiltrate US fire arms in Mexico.

I too would be upset. Mexicans are spending billions to fight a war against drugs. Mexican police, politicians and Mexican citizens die every day...thousands since 2005, only to find out that the American government is buddy buddy with the Mexican drug cartel thugs. Yes, they have every right to be upset.

Old 03-07-2011, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
That is not a credit source. If you really want to know why Mexicans are outraged, you should see the Mexican media. Its not because immigration reform has not passed but rather because of the confession of the U.S. ATF agent who said it was U.S. DOJ and the ATF who planned an operation to infiltrate US fire arms in Mexico.

I too would be upset. Mexicans are spending billions to fight a war against drugs. Mexican police, politicians and Mexican citizens die every day...thousands since 2005, only to find out that the American government is buddy buddy with the Mexican drug cartel thugs. Yes, they have every right to be upset.
In that case, I would expect them to be equally upset with their own government, including their military, due to collusion with the cartels. Are they?

Old 03-07-2011, 03:54 PM

2,381 posts, read 4,410,081 times
Quote:
In that case, I would expect them to be equally upset with their own government, including their military, due to collusion with the cartels. Are they?

They are Benicar. Since Calderon took office he vowed to disarm corrupt members of the military. I dont know how much you have read but I've known of complete Justice Departments to be disarmed and 90% of its staff sent to prison for connection to the cartels. I have also read how corrupt police have lead trucks loaded with drugs at full speed toward the border, only to be stopped by the military with gunfire. Many Mexican military have died protecting the cause, protecting Americans from more drugs being sent this way.

Old 03-07-2011, 04:05 PM

334 posts, read 145,656 times
This is kinda funny, I must say. Hey if Obama gets reelected we might all have to swim down THERE for work. Press 2 for English.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or