U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 08:31 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
when you use words like "rape" in a context other than the vile action it is...is a travesty to all those persons that are truly affected by this henious crime...Please dont belittle the suffering of these persons by your mis-use of a the term.
Without our consent, we are being royally screwed by illegal aliens. Thus, the word “rape” is apropos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2011, 08:32 AM

3,855 posts, read 4,085,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Most anti-illegals on this forum don't fit the criteria you are painting here.
then they should not have any concerns or complaints...right?

Old 03-08-2011, 08:46 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
Dear Mrs. A,

Please dont generalize the the actions of a non-homogenous group. It is incorrect when the anit-immigrant groups lable all illegal aliens in all the varied negative adjectives to try to bolster their argument.

Illegal immigrants come from all over the world, with differing intentions and expectations. The only thing they all have in common is that they entered the country without proper authorizatrion or remained in the country past their athorization. All other generalization on the positive or negative are conjecture.

Let your personal contact and experience be your guide. Many on this forum have little or no dealings with illegal immigrants or illegal immigrant communities. Their information is second-hand at best; with conjecture and mis-information as thier souce knowledge. Many mistakingly equate latino with illegal alien. Many base their "experiences" in dealing with persons they cant even positivly...be for sure, are American citizens, naturalized citizens, visa holders, illegals, or foreigners on vacation.

Assumptions abound on this forum...
Please explain why it is necessary to have firsthand experience with illegals to understand illegal immigration? Do we also have to have a family member killed to understand the crime of murder? Can only victims of theft condemn thieves?

You are either here legally, or you are a scofflaw. No assumptions are necessary.

Old 03-08-2011, 09:11 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Quote:
then they should not have any concerns or complaints...right?
Well yes they should because you were stereotyping them in a prior post.

Old 03-08-2011, 10:11 AM

8,536 posts, read 6,204,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. A View Post
I feel very offended by this post and to be quite honest with this whole immigration sub section.

Illegal immigrants are here to work and to provide for their families just like all of you do. Not everyone is born on a silver platter and I can guarantee you that they work harder at making a living then you do. Sitting on a chair for 8 hours in a AC room... these people here work and are pleased to work for a minimum wage because they are hard earning people.
They are honest and that is why they say that they are here illegally because what other way are they here! duhhh
The latino community is big and alot of the illegal immigrants do the jobs that the "us citizens" wouldnt even bother at doing.

I am a US Citizen born and raised in CA and i just get so disguisted to see people talk about hard working individuals.

Some people are just self fish and self involved

So, How many living next door to you? How many do you work with?

ILLEGAL IS JUST THAT ~~ ILLEGAL.

Bleeding Hearts just make it harder for others!!! Get your head out of the sand.

Old 03-08-2011, 10:32 AM

4,070 posts, read 4,964,859 times
Pro illegal should really be changed to pro law breaker. Bleeding hearts don't seem to understand what the word illegal means-contravening the law. It has always been illegal to enter this country illegally, yet bleeding hearts completely ignore this. If I were to illegally enter Mexico I would be deported or imprisoned. The U.S. is the only country that ignores the laws regarding illegal immigration. Pro law breakers just want to take care of everyone, except those that are actually here legally. Despite what the pro law breakers would like to think, illegal immigrants have brought over a lot of drugs and gang activity. I don't see why so many people want to reward someone whom broke the law. There are also many people whom migrated here legally. They work hard for their families and try to give them a better. Bleeding hearts want to make an exception for illegals though.

Old 03-08-2011, 10:41 AM

5,200 posts, read 4,107,506 times
The very first thing, someone illegally entering the country does, is
BREAK THE LAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No matter what else they do, they
ARE CRIMINALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-08-2011, 11:16 AM

2,113 posts, read 2,241,612 times
Quote:
Dear Mrs. A,
Let your personal contact and experience be your guide. Many on this forum have little or no dealings with illegal immigrants or illegal immigrant communities. Their information is second-hand at best; with conjecture and mis-information as thier souce knowledge. Many mistakingly equate latino with illegal alien. Many base their "experiences" in dealing with persons they cant even positivly...be for sure, are American citizens, naturalized citizens, visa holders, illegals, or foreigners on vacation.

Assumptions abound on this forum...
Yeah....speaking of assumptions??? What's with the hypocrisy?

Old 03-08-2011, 11:19 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
Yeah....speaking of assumptions??? What's with the hypocrisy?

Old 03-08-2011, 11:21 AM

6,611 posts, read 10,946,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. A View Post
I feel very offended by this post and to be quite honest with this whole immigration sub section.

Illegal immigrants are here to work and to provide for their families just like all of you do. Not everyone is born on a silver platter and I can guarantee you that they work harder at making a living then you do. Sitting on a chair for 8 hours in a AC room... these people here work and are pleased to work for a minimum wage because they are hard earning people.
They are honest and that is why they say that they are here illegally because what other way are they here! duhhh
The latino community is big and alot of the illegal immigrants do the jobs that the "us citizens" wouldnt even bother at doing.

I am a US Citizen born and raised in CA and i just get so disguisted to see people talk about hard working individuals.

Some people are just self fish and self involved
As a LEGAL migrant I am very offended by your willingness to equate lawbreaking push to the front of the line illegals with those of us who are striving the RIGHT way towards eventual citizenship............

And yes some people ARE just selfish and self involved and yes, I AM looking at you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or