U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 03:14 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,840,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elamigo View Post
I agree with you. I am also aware that not all anti-illegal immigrants are heartless and rabid bigots. As in any group there are those extremists on any issue.

On the rest of the message I agree with you. You see, we actually are on the same wavelenth. It was an honor to serve you and I thank you for your support. I am glad you did not allow stress get to you as we interacted, take care.
There was nothing in our exchange to induce stress. I enjoy debating, as long as itís civil. Take care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2011, 05:18 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,240,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by benicar View Post
there was nothing in our exchange to induce stress. I enjoy debating, as long as it’s civil. take care.
:d.:d.:d

Old 03-10-2011, 03:14 AM
Yac

5,881 posts, read 6,309,460 times
Back on topic folks, please. Stay civil.
Yac.

Old 03-10-2011, 05:33 AM

3,269 posts, read 4,674,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
then proceed to have children they know full well they can't support here with the high cost of living and are perfectly happy living off Medicaid, food stamps, in government housing and the rest.
medicaid and food stamps yes (i think). gov't housing, no (i think, based on the below link)
see this: http://www.hud.gov/offices/adm/hudcl...657gc6GUID.pdf

Last edited by grimace8; 03-10-2011 at 05:41 AM..

Old 03-10-2011, 06:06 AM

3,855 posts, read 4,094,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Assuming that the other posters are only making assumptions, makes a person pretty much of a hypocrit.
You have no clue to who on this forum has been affected or has experienced illegal immigration.
I lived in a community in S California for 25 years. Within the last 10 yr's, I watched that community change from all homeowners to squatters and illegal aliens. I was one of the last Citizens to close shop and move out.

I wish that illegal immigration was nothing an assumption. Because then, I'd still be in S California running a business.
Then you are one on this forum with direct experience...whats the problem? How can stating that many on this forum have no personal experiences with illegal aliens or illegal alien comminites be hypicritical?

You are confused with the difference in generalizations[which was the main point], obsevations, and assumptions.

In my note to Mrs. A, my point was, "in making or proving a point by using generalizations"...not assumptions. Once again..I did not say ALL on this forum[which would be a generalization].

That you disagree with my qualifier of "many"... means you have an alternate "number" of posters on this sub-forum, with direct experience/personal contact with illegal aliens or with the illegal alien communities. So what is your observation of the posters on the sub-forum? What would you say the number is...None, Few, Most, the Majority, or All posters have had direct personal contact with Illegal aliens or the illegal alien community?

Is it that you have a problem of my qualifier of "many" or that I made and obesevation..."assumption" in your words; but more importantly, what does that have anything to do with my main point of generalization?

Old 03-10-2011, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimace8 View Post
medicaid and food stamps yes (i think). gov't housing, no (i think, based on the below link)
see this: http://www.hud.gov/offices/adm/hudcl...657gc6GUID.pdf
Illegal aliens use their U.S.-born children to receive ALL tax-funded benefits and services, including subsidized housing. Those without anchor babies, simply commit fraud. None of our laws interfere with their plans.

Quote:
Untold thousands of illegal immigrants live in public housing at a time when hundreds of thousands of citizens and legal residents are stuck waiting years for a spot.

The federal government, which funds the lion's share of the nation's public housing, requires only that illegal immigrants share a home with at least one family member who is in the country legally and pay their share of the rent.
Many illegal immigrants live in public housing - USATODAY.com

Quote:
BOSTONóPresident Barack Obama's aunt says she has no reason to apologize for accepting public housing and other government assistance even though she hasn't contributed to the system.

She stayed in the country illegally, living in Boston public housing, where she remains to this day. She also currently receives $700 per month in disability benefits.
Obama's aunt not sorry she accepted public housing - Boston.com

Old 03-10-2011, 07:11 AM

thanks for the usatoday article. ew about barack's aunt!

Old 03-10-2011, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimace8 View Post
thanks for the usatoday article. ew about barack's aunt!
Youíre welcome. Sickening, isnít it?

Old 03-10-2011, 08:18 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,172,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Then you are one on this forum with direct experience...whats the problem? How can stating that many on this forum have no personal experiences with illegal aliens or illegal alien comminites be hypicritical?

You are confused with the difference in generalizations[which was the main point], obsevations, and assumptions.

In my note to Mrs. A, my point was, "in making or proving a point by using generalizations"...not assumptions. Once again..I did not say ALL on this forum[which would be a generalization].

That you disagree with my qualifier of "many"... means you have an alternate "number" of posters on this sub-forum, with direct experience/personal contact with illegal aliens or with the illegal alien communities. So what is your observation of the posters on the sub-forum? What would you say the number is...None, Few, Most, the Majority, or All posters have had direct personal contact with Illegal aliens or the illegal alien community?

Is it that you have a problem of my qualifier of "many" or that I made and obesevation..."assumption" in your words; but more importantly, what does that have anything to do with my main point of generalization?
"How can stating that many on this forum have no personal experiences with illegal aliens or illegal alien comminites be hypicritical"?

Because you have no knowledge of that. Since you don't know any of us personally or what our experiences are with illegal aliens how can you make this statement?

Old 03-10-2011, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Youíre welcome. Sickening, isnít it?
i'm against anchor babies
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or