Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 12:58 PM

25 posts, read 74,194 times

Advertisements

I have read recently that they are voting on a law that would give police the power to find out if a person is here illegally or not and arrest them if they cannot produce an ID, but Hasnt it ALWAYS been illegal to be in this country illegally? it is basically trespassing, a misdemeanor I believe. I was confused by this. So if it hasnt been the whole tresspassing law in general would be invalid if they allow illegal immigrants to be here illegally and not do anything about it. and any company that hires them or anyone that provides any kind of help to an illegal immigrant would be aiding and harboring a criminal. I cant figure out how they are able to get jobs? I used to work for a temp agency when I was younger and most of the jobs were factory or warehouse type jobs and most of the other workers were mexicans, and a good majority were illegally here, as they seemed to be quite proud of this for some reason? Before the temp company would even hire me though, I had to submit to a drug and background check ( I am white and a US citizen) How are the illegals getting past these checks that all companies do? I can only guess the company knows they are illegal and just fudges the paperwork in return for probably paying them much less than minimum wage? So its a win win, the temp company gets cheap labor and the illegals get to make some money, adn even if they are paid $5 per hour, that is alot of money in their eyes so no ones really getting hurt,,well except the american trying to find a job though!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2011, 07:38 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,304,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlk1974 View Post
I have read recently that they are voting on a law that would give police the power to find out if a person is here illegally or not and arrest them if they cannot produce an ID, but Hasnt it ALWAYS been illegal to be in this country illegally? it is basically trespassing, a misdemeanor I believe. I was confused by this. So if it hasnt been the whole tresspassing law in general would be invalid if they allow illegal immigrants to be here illegally and not do anything about it. and any company that hires them or anyone that provides any kind of help to an illegal immigrant would be aiding and harboring a criminal. I cant figure out how they are able to get jobs? I used to work for a temp agency when I was younger and most of the jobs were factory or warehouse type jobs and most of the other workers were mexicans, and a good majority were illegally here, as they seemed to be quite proud of this for some reason? Before the temp company would even hire me though, I had to submit to a drug and background check ( I am white and a US citizen) How are the illegals getting past these checks that all companies do? I can only guess the company knows they are illegal and just fudges the paperwork in return for probably paying them much less than minimum wage? So its a win win, the temp company gets cheap labor and the illegals get to make some money, adn even if they are paid $5 per hour, that is alot of money in their eyes so no ones really getting hurt,,well except the american trying to find a job though!
1. I too have past experience with illegal immigrants who openly tell you that they are illegally here and appear proud of it. I guess it is the thrill of the chase or getting away with something. So, it is interesting to hear someone else say that.

2. It is illegal to be here as a resident and worker without proper documents. A lot of the time our law enforcement agencies and other agencies know when someone is here illegally, but they don't do anything about it.

3. You ask these questions that people who are just starting to notice and wonder about illegal immigration ask and I recommend you keep visiting this forum and you will get all of those questions answered.

There is preferential treatment for our illegal immigrant population by a lot of companies. If you research the industries in which most illegal immigrants are working in, you will find: Food Service (fast and full-service), Hospitality, Construction, Horse Racing industry, Farming, and there are more. So, many of these industries allow employers to get away with violating tax and labor laws in order to employ illegal immigrants. A social security number can be fabricated or stolen and the illegal immigrant will use that to apply for a job. He/she may not even use one depending on the employer and how they are getting paid.

It's very complex depending on the industry and employer. There are tons of websites that detail tactics.

One last thing is that sometimes the employers do what they are supposed to do and the illegal immigrants are discovered as illegal. Many of them will flee town and set up shop in another state and re-start their job search.

Old 03-07-2011, 11:43 PM

1 posts, read 965 times
I feel very offended by this post and to be quite honest with this whole immigration sub section.

Illegal immigrants are here to work and to provide for their families just like all of you do. Not everyone is born on a silver platter and I can guarantee you that they work harder at making a living then you do. Sitting on a chair for 8 hours in a AC room... these people here work and are pleased to work for a minimum wage because they are hard earning people.
They are honest and that is why they say that they are here illegally because what other way are they here! duhhh
The latino community is big and alot of the illegal immigrants do the jobs that the "us citizens" wouldnt even bother at doing.

I am a US Citizen born and raised in CA and i just get so disguisted to see people talk about hard working individuals.

Some people are just self fish and self involved

Old 03-08-2011, 06:54 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,490,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. A View Post
I feel very offended by this post and to be quite honest with this whole immigration sub section.

Illegal immigrants are here to work and to provide for their families just like all of you do. Not everyone is born on a silver platter and I can guarantee you that they work harder at making a living then you do. Sitting on a chair for 8 hours in a AC room... these people here work and are pleased to work for a minimum wage because they are hard earning people.
They are honest and that is why they say that they are here illegally because what other way are they here! duhhh
The latino community is big and alot of the illegal immigrants do the jobs that the "us citizens" wouldnt even bother at doing.

I am a US Citizen born and raised in CA and i just get so disguisted to see people talk about hard working individuals.

Latinos here who aint legal make us Chicanos look real bad. I used to support amnesty for illegals. Then the 2006 protests happend with there demands and I said no mas.

Old 03-08-2011, 07:02 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:

It sounds like you are someone who wants the cheap servants and unlimited numbers of them because you want to pay dirt wages but let the taxpayers subsidize your servants.

Why don't you get off your rear end and wash your own dishes or mow your own lawn or at least pay legal wages to have it all done for you?

Same arguments used for slavery.

Old 03-08-2011, 07:26 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,555,982 times
Quote:

I too, am offended. I am offended by the rape of this country by foreign interlopers. Obviously, we have a very different view of honesty, because “honest” people are not thieves, and they do not adopt a lifestyle of fraud and deception.

Millions of foreigners, including Hispanics, have been granted LEGAL immigration status. So, your argument that they can ONLY come here illegally, holds about as much water as a strainer.

Old 03-08-2011, 07:35 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times
Quote:

I am offended that you have no problems with law breakers. They violate federal law crossing the border without inspection, obtaining employment without legal authorization, bankrupting our hospitals when they don't pay for medical services, drive while intoxicated and killing people, sucking down social services they have no right to access, drive down wages, do not pay into the tax base.....shall I go on?

Old 03-08-2011, 08:02 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,833,949 times
Quote:

Dear Mrs. A,

Please dont generalize the the actions of a non-homogenous group. It is incorrect when the anit-immigrant groups lable all illegal aliens in all the varied negative adjectives to try to bolster their argument.

Illegal immigrants come from all over the world, with differing intentions and expectations. The only thing they all have in common is that they entered the country without proper authorizatrion or remained in the country past their athorization. All other generalization on the positive or negative are conjecture.

Let your personal contact and experience be your guide. Many on this forum have little or no dealings with illegal immigrants or illegal immigrant communities. Their information is second-hand at best; with conjecture and mis-information as thier souce knowledge. Many mistakingly equate latino with illegal alien. Many base their "experiences" in dealing with persons they cant even positivly...be for sure, are American citizens, naturalized citizens, visa holders, illegals, or foreigners on vacation.

Assumptions abound on this forum...

Old 03-08-2011, 08:08 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,833,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I too, am offended. I am offended by the rape of this country by foreign interlopers. Obviously, we have a very different view of honesty, because “honest” people are not thieves, and they do not adopt a lifestyle of fraud and deception.

Millions of foreigners, including Hispanics, have been granted LEGAL immigration status. So, your argument that they can ONLY come here illegally, holds about as much water as a strainer.
when you use words like "rape" in a context other than the vile action it is...is a travesty to all those persons that are truly affected by this henious crime...Please dont belittle the suffering of these persons by your mis-use of a the term.

Old 03-08-2011, 08:22 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,313,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Dear Mrs. A,

Please dont generalize the the actions of a non-homogenous group. It is incorrect when the anit-immigrant groups lable all illegal aliens in all the varied negative adjectives to try to bolster their argument.

Illegal immigrants come from all over the world, with differing intentions and expectations. The only thing they all have in common is that they entered the country without proper authorizatrion or remained in the country past their athorization. All other generalization on the positive or negative are conjecture.

Let your personal contact and experience be your guide. Many on this forum have little or no dealings with illegal immigrants or illegal immigrant communities. Their information is second-hand at best; with conjecture and mis-information as thier souce knowledge. Many mistakingly equate latino with illegal alien. Many base their "experiences" in dealing with persons they cant even positivly...be for sure, are American citizens, naturalized citizens, visa holders, illegals, or foreigners on vacation.

Assumptions abound on this forum...
Most anti-illegals on this forum don't fit the criteria you are painting here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration