Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 09:07 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,426,436 times

Advertisements

.....................THE NEXT 20 YEARS IN AMERICA

Within the next 20 years, Americans, if they continue accepting relentless immigration, will see an added 50 to 60 million immigrants on top of another 20 million their (our) own citizens. That means another 60 to 75 million human beings will be competing for jobs, water, food and energy to keep warm and feed themselves.

Anybody scratching their noggins right about now? Getting a little nervous for your kids? Concerned about their fate? What about the rest of the planet? Ever hear of the phrase, “I want to give my kids a better life than I had.” Reality: ain’t gonna’ happen!

Frosty Wooldridge -- The next 20 years in America
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2011, 07:12 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,834,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post

Within the next 20 years, Americans, if they continue accepting relentless immigration, will see an added 50 to 60 million immigrants on top of another 20 million their (our) own citizens. That means another 60 to 75 million human beings will be competing for jobs, water, food and energy to keep warm and feed themselves.

Anybody scratching their noggins right about now? Getting a little nervous for your kids? Concerned about their fate? What about the rest of the planet? Ever hear of the phrase, “I want to give my kids a better life than I had.” Reality: ain’t gonna’ happen!

Frosty is exactly right! All these things-and more, are comming to pass; now, and in the future.

Emerging nations with emerging economies will be competing for natural resources worldwide. China and African nations are competing for oil resources which are[and will] placing strain on our struggling US econmy.

Political change in the Mid-east is causing speculators to raise the price per barrel of curde oil. If the more establish oil producing kingdoms are toppled by revolution, the price of oil will skyrocket...plunging the entire world in a state of "depressed economies"; which will make the "Great Depression" of the 1930's America look tame in comparison.

Even if "Oil Kingdoms" survive the current political upheaval, the demand for sweet crude oil, will continue to increase in the next 20 years. The production of less "less than productive oil fields" yielding less than "sweet" grade oil and the higher cost of extracting the inferior grade oil, will drive the cost up...straining to keep up with current[or even future] world-wide needs.

With the total world population increasing, in the next 20 years will cause an extream demand on fresh potable water and food resources world wide. Nations' inability to provide the basic of nessesities, food and water, will cause upheaval allowing "extremists" a world-wide a foot hold.

Frosty, put the cure for these problems at the feet of "illegal immigraion".
What ever your opinions of the solutions to the illegal immigration problem, No one, in politics is proposing the only two solutions, that address all the percieved problems.

Either this country has to make up its "collective mind" that total deportation or amnesty are the solutions. By legislators adopting "piece-meal" laws that act in conflict with other current laws are not going to produce any "meaningfull" results.

Even if the US Supreme court were to hear the case of Az SB1070, that would only be a partial victory. The ruling and law would allow AZ LEO to confront suspected IA only in the commission of a crime. Believing that this will somehow cause IAs to "move-on" is a hope...not a IA immigration solution. As each states attempts to address...Driver Licences, In-State tution[rates], Day Labor laws hardly seems to be putting a dent in the numbers of IAs here.

Sen. Lindsey Graham Has proposed amending the 14th amendment of the US Constitution.
Quote:
“I would like to deal with the 12 million [illegal immigrants currently in the US] firmly and fairly – you can’t stay here on your own terms, you have to learn English, you have to pay fines, you have to get in the back of the line if you want to be a citizen – but I may introduce a Constitutional Amendment that changes the rules if you have a child here. Birthright citizenship I think is a mistake, that we should change our Constitution and say, ‘If you come here illegally and you have a child, that child is automatically not a citizen.’”
Am I mistaken, in precieving that Sen. Graham, never proposes that IAs have to leave the country and return to the native countries, to become a citizen; but simply..."learn English...pay fines..."and "...get in the back of the line...".

Even if "birthright citenship" were to be adpoted thru constitutional amendment, that would still only be adressing one single problem, while still not addressing all the laws, currently on the books, that benefit IAs. "Birthright citizenship" will not address any of the other laws passed by the federal and state legislators that allow IAs benefits.

Even if you believe that a "conserted effort"[1] on all fronts is needed to solve the overall problem, then recent actions by the Congress bewilders those efforts...The Congress recently reduced funding for the US Border Patrol. Almost everyone, who is for a conserted effort, believes that a stronger border presence and more agents are needed for this effort to work.

The weakest link can not be our border. Even if one or the other...Deportation or Amesty, is the solution, a weak border will defeat the either effort.

So America, Make-up your "collective mind"...Fight for total Deportation of Illegal aliens and put pressure on your legislators for the only solution or accept amnesty.

[1]"Conserted effort"--[in the context of solving illegal immigration problems]:The belief that proposed punitive laws, reduction of benefits, repeal of laws benefiting Illegal aliens, and increased enforcement of state and ferderal laws will lead to a exodus of illegal aliens to back to their native countries.

Last edited by 1751texan; 03-01-2011 at 07:33 AM..

Old 03-01-2011, 12:57 PM

1751Texan:
No one has ever said or even assumed that "one law" would be a cure-all for illegal immigration.

Old 03-02-2011, 09:51 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,559,333 times
I tell my son repeatedly, he can’t blame me if the U.S. is a third-world country in 20 years. I feel bad for his generation. Talk about balkanization and anarchy. Hopefully, I won’t be alive to experience life among the ruins of our once great nation.

Old 03-02-2011, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I tell my son repeatedly, he can’t blame me if the U.S. is a third-world country in 20 years. I feel bad for his generation. Talk about balkanization and anarchy.
Quote:
Hopefully, I won’t be alive to experience life among the ruins of our once great nation
That's exactly how I feel.

Old 03-02-2011, 02:03 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,277,139 times
Quote:
I tell my son repeatedly, he can’t blame me if the U.S. is a third-world country in 20 years. I feel bad for his generation. Talk about balkanization and anarchy. Hopefully, I won’t be alive to experience life among the ruins of our once great nation.
That's how I feel too.

Old 03-02-2011, 03:36 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,299,972 times
Quote:

In the last 50 years the population of the United States increased by over 130 million people. In the meantime there are fewer farmers and agricultural productivity has increased.

As for energy technological changes and innovations are in place now to address those issues. Now water resources are definitely going to be a major issue particularly in the Sun Belt states where most of the population growth is taking place.

There are also economic changes that are taking place and the reality may be the United States may not be the best place to be if you want to give your child a better life.

Old 03-03-2011, 08:09 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
The extremely rapid population growth due to pretty much unlimited immigration is taking place at the same time so many jobs are being exported.

At some point, joblessness will become too high, we cannot support the level of population growth when jobs are going away.

It's not about jobs as Mexico's unemployment rates are much lower than those of the US, and many immigrants are pouring into areas of very high unemployment.

And as more people abandon their own country, closing up their stores and businesses, leaving their neighborhoods empty and decaying, dumping their servants into the streets, the rest will decide they too must pack up and head over to the USA to join them which will only increase our population more dramatically.

Old 03-04-2011, 06:44 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,490,828 times
Quote:
Quote:
That's exactly how I feel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
That's how I feel too.
Im scared as well.

Old 03-05-2011, 12:09 PM

24 posts, read 26,171 times
The sad thing is it would be so easy to stop illegal immigration. Just cut off the source of the demand. Require e-verify. Heavily fine and take away the business licenses of employers who use illegal labor. And to combat the underground labor market (day labors, small contractors, etc.), fine the end user. You get caught using a contractor that has an illegal immigrant putting your roof on? You get fined $20,000. If our govt. did this, it could dissolve the border patrol and you'd see little to no undocumented immigration. We couldn't of course do that because of the drug trade but you see what I'm sayin'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration