U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 06:38 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
One lady was applying for a cashier's job. The TV reported asked "Eight dollars an hour is okay with you?" and the lady responded, "Eight dollars an hour is better than no dollars an hour."

Lazy Americans, always looking for a handout.
And, she had a Master’s. But, according to pro-illegals, we think we’re too good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2011, 10:14 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
And, she had a Master’s. But, according to pro-illegals, we think we’re too good.
according to pro-illegals we owe illegals a free pass.

Old 03-12-2011, 10:34 AM

32,798 posts, read 30,034,103 times
I put myself through school working fast food joints.

Old 03-12-2011, 11:16 PM

10,720 posts, read 16,836,441 times
What's funny is none of you guys hold these businesses accountable. Ask yourselves why states don't mandate that all companies use E-verify. Anyone can show up with someone else's sold or stolen documents and the companies look the other way as long as they can claim they are hiring a legal employee. Do you really think these companies are stupid? You don't think they know half their employees are illegals?

Unlike you guys, I actually do oppose illegal immigration. I'm not a closet racist who uses the illegal line to discriminate against Hispanics and it's culture. I equally criticize both the illegals and the American companies who hire them. And I don't waste time discriminating against two American citizens speaking Spanish among themselves even if it as at work since that has nothing to do with immigration.

Last edited by azriverfan.; 03-12-2011 at 11:38 PM..

Old 03-13-2011, 06:21 AM

23,599 posts, read 31,143,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
What's funny is none of you guys hold these businesses accountable. Ask yourselves why states don't mandate that all companies use E-verify. Anyone can show up with someone else's sold or stolen documents and the companies look the other way as long as they can claim they are hiring a legal employee. Do you really think these companies are stupid? You don't think they know half their employees are illegals?

Unlike you guys, I actually do oppose illegal immigration. I'm not a closet racist who uses the illegal line to discriminate against Hispanics and it's culture. I equally criticize both the illegals and the American companies who hire them. And I don't waste time discriminating against two American citizens speaking Spanish among themselves even if it as at work since that has nothing to do with immigration.
How else do I hold the businesses accountable besides:

1.) Not patronizing them until they correct the situation
2.) Reporting the situation to the authorities
3.) Encouraging others to not patronize the business until they correct the situation

Old 03-13-2011, 06:40 AM

23,851 posts, read 19,146,946 times
I've never agreed with the philosophy that "illegals are doing the jobs that American's won't do." I flat out rejected that theory before the recession started, and I flat out reject it now. It's a matter of opportunity: If the options are harvesting tomatos in a hot Florida field, or driving a forklift in a climate-controlled warehouse, then of course the American individual will take the forklift position. But when push comes to shove, I am 100% confident that most blue collar American's are willing to do farm and field work. It's a matter of opportunity, not blue collar elitism.

Old 03-13-2011, 07:33 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post

"You guys"? Just who are you referring to? We have countless times complained about the employers and are advocates for e-verify. Try reading the posts in here before your make accusations or assumptions about "us guys".

Good that you aren't a closet racist but neither are most of us in this forum either so why even bring that up? Who is discriminating against law abiding and assimilated Hispanics?

Old 03-13-2011, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I've never agreed with the philosophy that "illegals are doing the jobs that American's won't do." I flat out rejected that theory before the recession started, and I flat out reject it now. It's a matter of opportunity: If the options are harvesting tomatos in a hot Florida field, or driving a forklift in a climate-controlled warehouse, then of course the American individual will take the forklift position. But when push comes to shove, I am 100% confident that most blue collar American's are willing to do farm and field work. It's a matter of opportunity, not blue collar elitism.
The thing is that most illegals aren't doing farm work anyway. They are holding other blue collar jobs that Americans have always done. The farmers have at their disposal unlimited visas for legal immigrant crop pickers so there is not excuse for them to be hiring illegals except for pure greed.

Old 03-13-2011, 07:49 AM

16,116 posts, read 20,148,778 times
Third World here we come, No longer will Americans have to worry about Day Care because our children will be in the mines and fields with us. A Republican Utopia

Old 03-13-2011, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Third World here we come, No longer will Americans have to worry about Day Care because our children will be in the mines and fields with us. A Republican Utopia
It is mostly the Dems that are welcoming the third world. Most oppose anything that deters illegal aliens from coming here or remaining here. They want the Hispanic vote and the future Hispanic vote through amnesty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration