U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-13-2011, 09:00 AM
 
Location: Texas
42,220 posts, read 49,768,169 times
Reputation: 66977

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Third World here we come, No longer will Americans have to worry about Day Care because our children will be in the mines and fields with us. A Republican Utopia
So your idea of avoiding this 'third world' disastrous future is by importing a bunch of uneducated refugees and perpetuating a not-so-clandestine slave race to serve the rest of us?

Yeah...good on ya.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-13-2011, 09:10 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
What's funny is none of you guys hold these businesses accountable. Ask yourselves why states don't mandate that all companies use E-verify. Anyone can show up with someone else's sold or stolen documents and the companies look the other way as long as they can claim they are hiring a legal employee. Do you really think these companies are stupid? You don't think they know half their employees are illegals?

Unlike you guys, I actually do oppose illegal immigration. I'm not a closet racist who uses the illegal line to discriminate against Hispanics and it's culture. I equally criticize both the illegals and the American companies who hire them. And I don't waste time discriminating against two American citizens speaking Spanish among themselves even if it as at work since that has nothing to do with immigration.
What’s funny (not) is the obvious fact that you haven’t taken the time to actually read the threads on this forum. Otherwise, you would know we equally oppose the greedy, unscrupulous employers, and you then would not have made yourself appear quite as foolish, or agenda-driven. Even funnier (not) are the “closet racists” on the pro-illegal side. As a matter of fact, they are some of the most virulent bigots. They support “Mexican” illegals, while seizing every opportunity to denigrate blacks; and actually believe their support for Mexicans somehow justifies or negates their blatant bigotry toward an entire race.

Case in point. . . . Why this hatred about Mexicans in the USA ?

Note how the OP (post #118) finally reveals the “real” purpose of the thread.


BTW, I notice you didn’t respond to this thread. . . .

Let’s Join Forces (Anti/Pro) to Attack Employers of Illegal Aliens

Or, this. . . .

As long as corporate America wants illegals they will stay, Arizona law is a joke

Or, this. . . .

Why not a Boycott list of businesses who use illegal immigrants?

There are others. But, then, you would have no reason to spew “closet racists” accusations, would you?

Apparently, anyone who does not “oppose” illegal immigration according to YOUR rules of conduct, is a closet racist. Now, THAT’S funny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2011, 09:20 AM
 
Location: Afghanistan
159 posts, read 229,778 times
Reputation: 197
I am a true American, I will take two jobs to go, pllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaasssssseeeeee!!! !!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2011, 07:59 PM
 
Location: OCEAN BREEZES AND VIEWS SAN CLEMENTE
19,899 posts, read 15,291,186 times
Reputation: 6451
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
But but but but, I thought Americans only did jobs where they would get top dollar and benefits and a comfy work environment

But but, but, but, you be right now, you speak the truth. Ain't that the truth. Greedy Greddy Selfish Americano's~ Spiteful, hateful Americano's!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2011, 08:09 PM
 
Location: OCEAN BREEZES AND VIEWS SAN CLEMENTE
19,899 posts, read 15,291,186 times
Reputation: 6451
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
It is mostly the Dems that are welcoming the third world. Most oppose anything that deters illegal aliens from coming here or remaining here. They want the Hispanic vote and the future Hispanic vote through amnesty.

Thank You, at least your not a sheeple drinking the spiked kool-ade, and at least you know and can see the truth, nothing like making excuses for the truth as some do. The Dems are famous for wanting the Hispanic Vote, but my Hispanic Friends and i do have many, are too smart and don't fall for under the category as some, they don't agree with the Dem's outlook on wanting the Hispanic Vote. Infact one said to me only yesterday, i kid you not, i want all illegals to go home back to Mexico, they are taking jobs away from us Americans, i really appreciated that. I have no problem with Mexicans who are here legally or who were born in the Country, i don't hate them at all. I hate what Illegals are doing to our Country, and that is a big difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2011, 08:17 PM
 
Location: Texas
226 posts, read 452,407 times
Reputation: 150
Looks like a couple of those interviewed was latino.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2011, 11:53 AM
 
7,022 posts, read 5,773,713 times
Reputation: 6963
The 'Jobs Americans Won't Do' Myth
The big lie in this jobs-for-illegals debate is the contention Congress must approve such a program to ensure all the jobs Americans won't do still get done. As I document in my new book, "Illegals: The Imminent Threat Posed by Our Unsecured U.S.-Mexico Border," such jobs exist, but only because the open borders crowd has created them. If we open the door to more illegal workers, wages will only decrease further. I'll explain.
Moderator cut: quote shortened, copyright protection
CSMonistor: 'Jobs that Americans won't do'
With people desperate for income, downward mobility may be on the way up. News reports show long lines of applicants for a janitor's job or for work at a factory after a federal raid clears out the illegal workers.
Moderator cut: quote shortened, copyright protection"

Last edited by Yac; 03-16-2011 at 03:12 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2011, 08:42 PM
 
Location: Metropolis
1,144 posts, read 3,256,335 times
Reputation: 640
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
What’s funny (not) is the obvious fact that you haven’t taken the time to actually read the threads on this forum. Otherwise, you would know we equally oppose the greedy, unscrupulous employers, and you then would not have made yourself appear quite as foolish, or agenda-driven. Even funnier (not) are the “closet racists” on the pro-illegal side. As a matter of fact, they are some of the most virulent bigots. They support “Mexican” illegals, while seizing every opportunity to denigrate blacks; and actually believe their support for Mexicans somehow justifies or negates their blatant bigotry toward an entire race.

Case in point. . . . Why this hatred about Mexicans in the USA ?

Note how the OP (post #118) finally reveals the “real” purpose of the thread.


BTW, I notice you didn’t respond to this thread. . . .

Let’s Join Forces (Anti/Pro) to Attack Employers of Illegal Aliens

Or, this. . . .

As long as corporate America wants illegals they will stay, Arizona law is a joke

Or, this. . . .

Why not a Boycott list of businesses who use illegal immigrants?

There are others. But, then, you would have no reason to spew “closet racists” accusations, would you?

Apparently, anyone who does not “oppose” illegal immigration according to YOUR rules of conduct, is a closet racist. Now, THAT’S funny.


Spot on. Thanks for that...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2011, 09:35 PM
 
10,720 posts, read 16,839,909 times
Reputation: 9878
Sorry but it goes beyond immigration with you guys and that's obvious. It's not simply about opposing immigration. You guys literally hate illegal immigrants. You can deny it all you want in order to portray some false facade of respectibility and credibility but anyone can tell by your tone and your stance on issues that your disdain goes beyond the migration of people itself. It's one thing to oppose the illegal movement of people from foreign countries and it's quite another thing to hate the immigrants themselves. I don't blame them. If you were in their situation, you would do the same thing. You are not going to play the legal migration roulette and if you are one of the lucky few you have to wait 12 years to come here. Who is going to do that when their families are hungry and when you can come now? I'm sorry but only a racist belligerant fool would hate poor people who are trying to support their families. I can empathize with Illegals but it doesn't mean I support their actions and endorse amnesty. I don't support open borders because we suffer as a result of their migration here also but I don't in any way hate these people whereas it's pretty obvious that many of you feel you have a green light to have disdain for these people because they are "breaking the law"....please. That's like hating a German for breaking the law and hiding Jews in his basement during WWII.

And it's pretty obvious I'm right. Look at these threads. You guys not only oppose immigration but Spanish spoken publicly and immersion issues. It goes beyond the presence of a foreigner being present within our borders. You are threatened by foreign culture and the idea that your culture is somehow being lost.

Like I said, I am truly in opposition to illegal immigration. I'm not a closet racist whose agenda is to secretly oppose Hispanic migration and expansion of their culture. It's sad that this country is so polarized. You are either a bleeding heart who wants to do all types of favors for immigrants or you are a closet racist who feel threatened by Hispanics and their culture. It's sad that some of you can't simply oppose illegal immigration without hating the immigrants themselves. You guys have to bring this anti-Hispanic culture and Spanish language b.s. into the discussion every time. There is nothing wrong with Hispanic culture and Spanish spoken among people in a public forum, that has absolutely nothing to do with illegal immigration and everything to do with discrimination against Hispanic culture. Believe it or not, many Americans are 2nd and 3rd generation Americans, served their country in the military and speak Spanish with their spouse in public. That doesn't make them any less American than you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-18-2011, 06:32 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
Sorry but it goes beyond immigration with you guys and that's obvious. It's not simply about opposing immigration. You guys literally hate illegal immigrants. You can deny it all you want in order to portray some false facade of respectibility and credibility but anyone can tell by your tone and your stance on issues that your disdain goes beyond the migration of people itself. It's one thing to oppose the illegal movement of people from foreign countries and it's quite another thing to hate the immigrants themselves. I don't blame them. If you were in their situation, you would do the same thing. You are not going to play the legal migration roulette and if you are one of the lucky few you have to wait 12 years to come here. Who is going to do that when their families are hungry and when you can come now? I'm sorry but only a racist belligerant fool would hate poor people who are trying to support their families. I can empathize with Illegals but it doesn't mean I support their actions and endorse amnesty. I don't support open borders because we suffer as a result of their migration here also but I don't in any way hate these people whereas it's pretty obvious that many of you feel you have a green light to have disdain for these people because they are "breaking the law"....please. That's like hating a German for breaking the law and hiding Jews in his basement during WWII.

And it's pretty obvious I'm right. Look at these threads. You guys not only oppose immigration but Spanish spoken publicly and immersion issues. It goes beyond the presence of a foreigner being present within our borders. You are threatened by foreign culture and the idea that your culture is somehow being lost.

Like I said, I am truly in opposition to illegal immigration. I'm not a closet racist whose agenda is to secretly oppose Hispanic migration and expansion of their culture. It's sad that this country is so polarized. You are either a bleeding heart who wants to do all types of favors for immigrants or you are a closet racist who feel threatened by Hispanics and their culture. It's sad that some of you can't simply oppose illegal immigration without hating the immigrants themselves. You guys have to bring this anti-Hispanic culture and Spanish language b.s. into the discussion every time. There is nothing wrong with Hispanic culture and Spanish spoken among people in a public forum, that has absolutely nothing to do with illegal immigration and everything to do with discrimination against Hispanic culture. Believe it or not, many Americans are 2nd and 3rd generation Americans, served their country in the military and speak Spanish with their spouse in public. That doesn't make them any less American than you.
No, you are wrong and please stop accusing us of being closet racists. You obviously are allowing your sympathy for these illegal aliens to cloud your thinking even though you say you oppose illegal immigration.

If Hispanic culture includes sticking up for illegal aliens just because most are ethnically like themselves while calling everyone else a closet racist for wanting them gone, then yes I do oppose that part of their culture. If Hispanic culture includes not assimilating to our language out in public after being here for decades, then yes I do oppose that part of their culture but that doesn't make me a racist but an objecter to non-assmilation and voicing my opinion. I don't care what langauge someone speaks at home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top