U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 08:54 AM

354 posts, read 225,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MexicanGuy View Post
And this seems to annoy the racists and bigots most of all
You seem to be the biggest bigot in this forum since you are all for Mexicans no matter what. It doesn't shut me up though because when someone like you calls me a racist or bigot then I know that I have hit a homerun and it is what they do not want to hear, the truth that is. BTW, Mexican is not a race. Please get educated. It is a nationality and most Mexicans are actually caucasion, so there is no racism. The true bigotry comes from the pro-illegal lobby out there and of course people like you who just want to try and stir trouble up in another country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2007, 09:00 AM

25,455 posts, read 23,279,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOHIllbillyWoman View Post
You are absolutely correct!! Another thing to think about is the fact that we have the invasion of the illegals and it happens to be the law abiding Americans who are made to feel afraid to have their say about it because of the race and bigot card that is played by all of the pro-illegal crowd. It is sickening that the average American has had their tongues silenced, all by illegals and other criminals.
herein is a perfect examply of why society fails....b/c everyone is afraid...and fear talks over common sense....and everyone wants to be accepted, so much so, that they are willing to compromise who they are and what they believe in...we do it when we allow someone else to abuse us...we do it when we allow our laws to be ignored...we compromise our identities....allow someone else to think for us....when we look for approval for happiness....God I wish they'd teach this stuff in school, cuz our parents had no idea...they thought success was being married and having children...it goes way beyond...it is being a good working member of the community...it is standing up for what you believe it and the heck with being popular...it means maybe hitting someone with a 2 x 4 verbally to get their attention sometimes...and this politically correct business is a great big pile of bulll...it doesn't work when it is taken totally to the other end of the spectrum...it is however common sense....and two boys in the school yard dooking it ought and then shaking hands when it's over, it's not suing the parents or the school to get rich...and it booing those that do..it is saying YOUR BEHAVIOR IS UNACCEPTABLE...AND WE WON'T STAND FOR IT...., it is standing up to the wife beater, rapist, child abuser and law breaker and saying, we won't stand for it anymore, your going to a place where you can no longer hurt anyone anymore....

I don't care if your a woman teacher, if you go to bed with a child who is under 18 years old, your a child abuser....and that's it. No bending the rules cuz your a teacher...or because the child is 17 1/2 years old, or changing the age of the student to 17....bottom line, you broke the law.

I hate speeders....lets put more cops on the roads and stop everyone who speeds and lets put all that money into road repair....solutions to our problems are not that hard to solve....

Yanno, all these criminals wanna sell drugs and prostitute children..fine, put them all in jail...for good...be it they are illegal or not. How bout those illegals who beat up that photographer...? You can't deport them until you have a wall in place that is guarded and a good immigration system set up and have a deportation agency in place that works. Send them back to their own country, and if they come back, put them in jail...it is against the law....and to heck with all these politicians who fear not pleasing some special interest group....who wouldn't touch the subject of illegal immigration with a 10 foot poll, make them accountable. Sheesh, it's not so hard...

They've shot people for less then what I've written on this forum, haven't they

Well, then, I guess that will have given my life purpose...right?

Folks, we've got to evolve, change is good, along with good ol fashioned morals and upholding the law...that's all it is...our country needs to be self supporting once again, we need to make our own products and be less greedy and learn that a good days work has to feed our families...but we don't all need to be rich...it can't always be about the money....

Sincerely...
Creme

Old 07-26-2007, 09:58 AM

180 posts, read 89,692 times
Quote:
You seem to be the biggest bigot in this forum since you are all for Mexicans no matter what. It doesn't shut me up though because when someone like you calls me a racist or bigot then I know that I have hit a homerun and it is what they do not want to hear, the truth that is.
Why do you assume that comment was meant for you?

Quote:
BTW, Mexican is not a race. Please get educated. It is a nationality and most Mexicans are actually caucasion, so there is no racism. The true bigotry comes from the pro-illegal lobby out there and of course people like you who just want to try and stir trouble up in another country.
Youíre going to educate a Mexican about what is being a Mexican? That's rich. Most Mexicans are Mestizo, which is neither Indian nor Caucasian.

There are bigots and racists both for and against illegal immigration, and Iím utterly against both extremes; that is what I fight.

Old 07-26-2007, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Why do you assume that comment was meant for you?.

Because you have basicalled me a racist and a bigot in other threads. Stop acting like you don't know.

Quote:
Youíre going to educate a Mexican about what is being a Mexican? That's rich. Most Mexicans are Mestizo, which is neither Indian nor Caucasian.

There are bigots and racists both for and against illegal immigration, and Iím utterly against both extremes; that is what I fight.
I know exactly what a Mestizo is, especially since I am half Apache. Mexicans are, for the most part, considered Caucasion. Even they consider themselves that, except of course when it helps them to say they are otherwise. That happens to be one of the reason why so many polls and/or statistic s are so skewed so badly because so many of the Mexicans make or say that they are white on most papers, unless like I said, they find it helpful to be considered otherwise.

Yes, there most certainly are bigots and racists on both sides of the illegal issue but you and so many others fail to mention all of the racist and bigoted Hispanic organizations in this country.

This country has gotten so bad that people are not allowed to even state what happens to be the truth for fear of hurting someone else's feelings but yet, not one illegal or pro-illegal person cares about the feelings of those of us who want the laws and rules followed. Very one way is all it has become and this country is going to implode soon enough if we don't get the illegal problem under control. That means we need a President that has the guts to be a true President for the whole country and not just big business interests or pandering to a special interest group. We need a President who would be willing to look out for our country like Ike did in his time. Yes, all of the illegals could be deported if this government wanted to get it done and it should be done. And YES, racial profiling should be used to get it done. I am talking about ALL illegals too, not just Mexicans or Hispanics. We have far too many people who got here on visas and just stayed illegally and many of them happen be from India and other Middle Eastern countries. We also have many illegal Chinese and Korens. South Koreans come here strictly to have children here and to have a citizen of our country. The 14th Amendmnet needs to be used for exactly what it was written and since we no longer have blacks slaves, it needs to be rewritten and make it so a child born here with no citizen as a parent is not a citizen. The 14th Amendment has been misinterpretated far too long now.

Old 07-26-2007, 04:49 PM

1,210 posts, read 1,037,445 times
Quote:
You mean you're gonna reward them by sending them to the bank?
BACK BACK BACK

Old 07-26-2007, 05:31 PM

5,396 posts, read 6,916,787 times
Of course they will riot. And the radical Muslim jihadists will use them as their unwilling pawns in a fiendish scheme to take over. Lock up the womenfolk and young 'uns...NOW!!! Head for the hills!!!!

Old 07-26-2007, 08:23 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,615,066 times
Default Impossible to Judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingler View Post
I think if the Illegals do not get Amnesty and if ICE and local authorities start really cracking down on illegal aliens, we will see riots. I think they are feed up with the current situation and feel a sense of entitlement. I wonder if there is a powder keg waiting to go off.

How do you think the illegal alien population will demonstrate if they do not get their amnesty soon?
There's no way to answer that...it's like asking, "If we don't pass a same-sex marriage amendment, do you think Gay People will go on a rampage, spreading a strong "Sense of Design", an "Ability to Choose the Proper Fabric", and an insistence upon eating only meals "High in Nutrition, Prepared of the Freshest Ingerdients, and served in an Attractive Setting?" No way to judge such a reaction, until it happens......same with judging the illegals.

Old 07-26-2007, 08:51 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,615,066 times
Default Caucasians

Quote:
Because you have basicalled me a racist and a bigot in other threads. Stop acting like you don't know.

I know exactly what a Mestizo is, especially since I am half Apache. Mexicans are, for the most part, considered Caucasion. Even they consider themselves that, except of course when it helps them to say they are otherwise. That happens to be one of the reason why so many polls and/or statistic s are so skewed so badly because so many of the Mexicans make or say that they are white on most papers, unless like I said, they find it helpful to be considered otherwise.

Yes, there most certainly are bigots and racists on both sides of the illegal issue but you and so many others fail to mention all of the racist and bigoted Hispanic organizations in this country.

This country has gotten so bad that people are not allowed to even state what happens to be the truth for fear of hurting someone else's feelings but yet, not one illegal or pro-illegal person cares about the feelings of those of us who want the laws and rules followed. Very one way is all it has become and this country is going to implode soon enough if we don't get the illegal problem under control. That means we need a President that has the guts to be a true President for the whole country and not just big business interests or pandering to a special interest group. We need a President who would be willing to look out for our country like Ike did in his time. Yes, all of the illegals could be deported if this government wanted to get it done and it should be done. And YES, racial profiling should be used to get it done. I am talking about ALL illegals too, not just Mexicans or Hispanics. We have far too many people who got here on visas and just stayed illegally and many of them happen be from India and other Middle Eastern countries. We also have many illegal Chinese and Korens. South Koreans come here strictly to have children here and to have a citizen of our country. The 14th Amendmnet needs to be used for exactly what it was written and since we no longer have blacks slaves, it needs to be rewritten and make it so a child born here with no citizen as a parent is not a citizen. The 14th Amendment has been misinterpretated far too long now.
ALL humans, with the exception of Blacks and Asiatics, are Caucasians, or are mixtures of these three groups. A possible exception is the Australian Aborigine. Otherwise, in the broadest sense of the definition, all aboriginal people, from Scandinavia to India, from North Africa to Russia, are Caucasians. "Asiatics" is generally understood to include Native Americans as well.
I know a number of Koreans in my area; none have mentioned coming here to have children--some came here and THEN had children, but I think they might have come here even if they'd been sterile or celibate. BTW Koreans, along with Icelanders, are generally regarded as the world's "purest" group; that is, these two countries have had virtually no foreign immigration into their societies in many centuries (Iceland may be changing as we speak), since the very distant past.
BTW, the word "Hillbilly", like it or not, is a pejorative word. You of course are free to use it, but the term has connotations of cantankerous, defiant, backward-thinking rustics, proud of their stubborn resistance to all new "flatland" ideas. As such, the name undoubtedly causes a visceral reaction in many readers that sometimes serves to complicate open communication. By all means, if you WANT to provoke contentious exchanges, feel free to do so--it IS interesting to read !! But understand that "hillbilly", like "cholo", or "homeboy", or "rebel", or "beaner", is a word that is practically guaranteed to produce strong negative feelings in your readers.....and, in closing, let me say that I'm "Right Proud to have Knowed You"...

Old 07-27-2007, 04:54 AM
Yac

5,874 posts, read 6,293,306 times
Everybody please calm down and talk about the topic, not about each other. Discuss - yes. Flame - no.
Yac.

Old 07-27-2007, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
ALL humans, with the exception of Blacks and Asiatics, are Caucasians, or are mixtures of these three groups. A possible exception is the Australian Aborigine. Otherwise, in the broadest sense of the definition, all aboriginal people, from Scandinavia to India, from North Africa to Russia, are Caucasians. "Asiatics" is generally understood to include Native Americans as well.
I know a number of Koreans in my area; none have mentioned coming here to have children--some came here and THEN had children, but I think they might have come here even if they'd been sterile or celibate. BTW Koreans, along with Icelanders, are generally regarded as the world's "purest" group; that is, these two countries have had virtually no foreign immigration into their societies in many centuries (Iceland may be changing as we speak), since the very distant past.
BTW, the word "Hillbilly", like it or not, is a pejorative word. You of course are free to use it, but the term has connotations of cantankerous, defiant, backward-thinking rustics, proud of their stubborn resistance to all new "flatland" ideas. As such, the name undoubtedly causes a visceral reaction in many readers that sometimes serves to complicate open communication. By all means, if you WANT to provoke contentious exchanges, feel free to do so--it IS interesting to read !! But understand that "hillbilly", like "cholo", or "homeboy", or "rebel", or "beaner", is a word that is practically guaranteed to produce strong negative feelings in your readers.....and, in closing, let me say that I'm "Right Proud to have Knowed You"...
Maybe you need to project this post of yours to Mexican Guy since he can't stand the thought that Mexicans are considered Caucasion. He was the one saying they weren't, not me.

I know what a hillbilly is. My grandmother was a Hatfield and I am damn proud of that fact. I am also haf Apache, so I know many sides of these issues. I will continue to use the word hillbilly and anyone that does not like it can get the hell over it as far as I am concened. I could say that the word "Mexican" is the same kind of word that makes people have the sam e type of feelings yoward people. Yes, any word can be used to hurt people or for the good. It is up to the person using said word.

If the readers can't control themselves about the word Hillbilly then don't expect others to controil themselves about illegals. Pretty simple really. You reap what you sow and Mexican Guy can stop all of the blaming of everything onto all Anglos or Gringos and he probably doesn't even know the meaning of the word Gringo in the first place. It is not meant as a word for white people but foreigners, meaning that I would be considered a Gringa by anyone using the word for what it's true meaning is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or