U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2007, 08:58 AM

354 posts, read 225,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I know a number of Koreans in my area; none have mentioned coming here to have children--some came here and THEN had children, but I think they might have come here even if they'd been sterile or celibate.
I am sorry. I just assumed that many had read the news reports over time that Koreans come here to have babies, much like the Mexicans do, except that it cost much more for them is all.

Here is a link to only one article about this fact.

Birth tourism in Asia
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2007, 09:02 AM

3,712 posts, read 5,714,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MexicanGuy View Post
And this seems to annoy the racists and bigots most of all
Yes. It is obvious you are annoyed.

As for whether or not they will riot........many of their street protests thus far have not been very friendly. And they are not getting all the things LaRaza has told them are their birthright. So IMO, yes they may very well riot. Let them. I will not be intimidated by them. Neither will many other Americans, MOHillbilly Woman among them. You see, while you may amuse yourself by laughing at patriotic Americans who do things like display the flag and own firearms, what you fail to understand is that they constitute a group that will stand their ground no matter what. And this, my friend is why the United States is a First World country and Mexico is a Third world country. We historically have always had citizens who never would have allowed their country to sink to the level of corruption that pervades your homeland. It would have benefitted you greatly to have had people like that in your country.

Last edited by andreabeth; 07-27-2007 at 09:35 AM..

Old 07-27-2007, 01:56 PM

180 posts, read 89,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOHIllbillyWoman View Post
I know exactly what a Mestizo is, especially since I am half Apache. Mexicans are, for the most part, considered Caucasion. Even they consider themselves that, except of course when it helps them to say they are otherwise. That happens to be one of the reason why so many polls and/or statistic s are so skewed so badly because so many of the Mexicans make or say that they are white on most papers, unless like I said, they find it helpful to be considered otherwise.
If you’re half Apache, you’re not simply Caucasian—you’re half Caucasian, half Apache. The same is true for about 80% of Mexicans, who aren’t simply Indians or Europeans—they are Mestizo; hence, the term "La Raza".

It’s true, many Mestizos say they are White when in the United States, but that’s mainly due to racist pressure—they feel ashamed of their Mesoamerican heritage, which is completely absurd.

Quote:
Yes, there most certainly are bigots and racists on both sides of the illegal issue but you and so many others fail to mention all of the racist and bigoted Hispanic organizations in this country.
Read my posts; you’ll see I’m against those organizations.

Quote:
That means we need a President that has the guts to be a true President for the whole country and not just big business interests or pandering to a special interest group. We need a President who would be willing to look out for our country like Ike did in his time.
I agree; the American President needs to look after the interests of the American people first and foremost, but she/he also needs to look after the rights of everyone in the United States—illegal immigrants included. It is a fact that illegal immigrants have been lured to the United States by your government and big business for decades in order to be exploited; this has produced a series of complex situations that require integral solutions that do not overlook the rights of the immigrants or the rights of their now American family members.

Quote:
South Koreans come here strictly to have children here and to have a citizen of our country.
This is precisely the kind of statement that can be interpreted as racist, because it seems to imply that all South Koreans who emigrate to the United States do so with the sole purpose of taking advantage of your country.

Last edited by MexicanGuy; 07-27-2007 at 02:13 PM..

Old 07-27-2007, 02:04 PM

Quote:
I could say that the word "Mexican" is the same kind of word that makes people have the sam e type of feelings yoward people.
So can the word American.

Quote:
You reap what you sow and Mexican Guy can stop all of the blaming of everything onto all Anglos or Gringos and he probably doesn't even know the meaning of the word Gringo in the first place.
Sorry to disappoint you

Old 07-27-2007, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
You see, while you may amuse yourself by laughing at patriotic Americans who do things like display the flag and own firearms, what you fail to understand is that they constitute a group that will stand their ground no matter what. And this, my friend is why the United States is a First World country and Mexico is a Third world country. We historically have always had citizens who never would have allowed their country to sink to the level of corruption that pervades your homeland. It would have benefitted you greatly to have had people like that in your country.
Thanks for the laughs

Old 07-27-2007, 03:52 PM

6,739 posts, read 8,547,111 times
Quote:
And this seems to annoy the racists and bigots most of all

This same statement has been beaten to death on this forum over and over - Just because one is against Illegals, does not make them a racist.

Old 07-27-2007, 04:20 PM

354 posts, read 225,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
This same statement has been beaten to death on this forum over and over - Just because one is against Illegals, does not make them a racist.
Absolutely correct and you can bet that the one calling people racist and/or bigot is usually the racist and/or bigot themselves.

Old 07-27-2007, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
Just because one is against Illegals, does not make them a racist.
Very true, and it's also true that many of those who are against illegals are racists; some are outright racists, some are veiled racists—the worst kind, if you ask me—and there are those who aren't racists but fall for racist arguments.

Old 07-28-2007, 01:39 PM

1,434 posts, read 3,574,230 times
Quote:
Very true, and it's also true that many of those who are against illegals are racists; some are outright racists, some are veiled racists—the worst kind, if you ask me—and there are those who aren't racists but fall for racist arguments.
Have you ever been to a illegal alien pep rally? The signs I saw were "Whites get out off of our lands" "Whitey go home". Not mention more vile signs and shouts I will not post on this forum.

But on the other side you had the "racist" Americans holding American flags and simply speaking out against amnesty, but most were silent. And not one derogatory statement or sign was seen from their side.

I also encourage you to look on youtube and look at some of these rallies out west which are 10 times worse. It will be an eye opener for you.

Old 07-28-2007, 03:06 PM

6,739 posts, read 8,547,111 times
Quote:
Oh, I'm sure of it - Just remember now -That not all Illegals come from Mexico, lots come from all over, so these racist people as you say, would be racist toward many different people of color, origin, Right???

People are posting in an immigration forum - Why not let people give their opinions, without calling them a racist. After all, you don't know anyone's race/color/sex on here - Unless stated in their profiles, or openly posted in forums...

Same goes toward the Pro Illegals supporters....I never heard anyone who's Pro Illegal be called a flat out racist...

I'm against anyone who's coming into this country illegally and demanding we take them in and support them. I cannot support a criminal. There's ways to do it legally, you know? It's all Illegals, from every where. It doesn't make me a racist, just cautious -
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or