U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 09:09 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,620,778 times

Advertisements

OK, then...how about this...we SELL the idea of citizenship. Have a Hip-Hop group welcoming "new blood" to our " 'hood"....it could be done tastefully, or more "in-your-face", but the idea (on English and Spanish TV channels) is that CITIZENSHIP is a valuable thing...it is, in other words, "COOL" to be a citizen. Attractive, skimpily-clad dancers could gyrate across the stage, inviting EVERYONE to become citizens. Make citizenship as desirable as a case of beer, or a brand new car, and hire a Madison Avenue firm to make everyone CRAVE citizenship...I think it could be done...any comments?..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2007, 10:01 AM

354 posts, read 225,282 times
Why in all heaven's name would you want everyone craving citizenship? We already have too many in this country now. We need to get rid of the darn illegals and put a moratorium on all legal immigration until the ones that are here assimilate. After that, we need to go back to the number of legal immigrants we had before 1965.

Old 07-27-2007, 10:15 AM

6,739 posts, read 8,544,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
OK, then...how about this...we SELL the idea of citizenship. Have a Hip-Hop group welcoming "new blood" to our " 'hood"....it could be done tastefully, or more "in-your-face", but the idea (on English and Spanish TV channels) is that CITIZENSHIP is a valuable thing...it is, in other words, "COOL" to be a citizen. Attractive, skimpily-clad dancers could gyrate across the stage, inviting EVERYONE to become citizens. Make citizenship as desirable as a case of beer, or a brand new car, and hire a Madison Avenue firm to make everyone CRAVE citizenship...I think it could be done...any comments?..
Why should they be treated differently then other immigrants that stood in line, waited years and years to become a citizen. You know the right way -

You know, the ones who truly wanted to be here and obey the laws in this country. You know the ones who really want to prosper here and make a good life for themselves/family and contribute in a way that isn't sucking off the American Tax-payers.

Why should they be enticed with a car or anything alike. Why should Americans be flipping for cars for these people? Really, you need to read your posts before hitting submit - They are way out there....

Old 07-27-2007, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOHIllbillyWoman View Post
Why in all heaven's name would you want everyone craving citizenship? We already have too many in this country now. We need to get rid of the darn illegals and put a moratorium on all legal immigration until the ones that are here assimilate. After that, we need to go back to the number of legal immigrants we had before 1965.
But if "all the darn illegals" became citizens, then they would no longer be "darn illegals" and therefore there'd be no problem.....
(PS in all honesty, some of them would probably still be "darn"--just not "darn illegals")

Old 07-27-2007, 10:42 AM

Default Last Idea

OK, here's my LAST idea--and I KNOW many people are going to become impatient, but hear me out....we all get together (with legal counsel, of course) and sign some sort of affidavit agreeing to VOLUNTARILY RENOUNCE our Amerixcan citizenship--say for a 5-year period. That way, we'd ALL be illegals; we could all get our JOBS BACK, and meanwhile, the police couldn't touch us. This would give us a 5-year window in which we could start over, assess the situation, etc., . At that time, those who so desired could RESUME their American citizenship. Meanwhile, all the FOREIGN illegals would have gone home in disgust....sounds far-out, I know, but what's not to like?

Old 07-27-2007, 11:02 AM

6,739 posts, read 8,544,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
OK, here's my LAST idea--and I KNOW many people are going to become impatient, but hear me out....we all get together (with legal counsel, of course) and sign some sort of affidavit agreeing to VOLUNTARILY RENOUNCE our Amerixcan citizenship--say for a 5-year period. That way, we'd ALL be illegals; we could all get our JOBS BACK, and meanwhile, the police couldn't touch us. This would give us a 5-year window in which we could start over, assess the situation, etc., . At that time, those who so desired could RESUME their American citizenship. Meanwhile, all the FOREIGN illegals would have gone home in disgust....sounds far-out, I know, but what's not to like?

You're kidding right?

Your whole post is just so laughable, that I could never take you serious.

Old 07-27-2007, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
You're kidding right?

Your whole post is just so laughable, that I could never take you serious.
You're quite correct--the fact is, I don't have universal health care, and have to pay my psychiatrist's bills out-of-pocket. Now that I'm getting behind in my payments, he's threatened to "let me crack up"....perhaps this is what you're noticing in my posts.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or