U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 07:12 PM

2,432 posts, read 6,004,847 times

Advertisements

Should we have an online data base here in the US solely devoted to identifying illegal aliens and their employers? I'm not talking about some government telephone hotline, I'm talking about a database website on the world wide web that everyone can use to log on to and report or identify an illegal alien. Perhaps the sexual predator websites could be used as a model.

Or does one already exist?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2007, 07:14 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,615,066 times
How would you establish nationality? How would you positively "ID" anyone?

Old 07-25-2007, 07:20 PM

Well, to start the Freedom of Information Act could be used to get the names of known illegals, like those up in New Haven that are appling for the ID cards.

Old 07-26-2007, 12:12 AM

7,504 posts, read 15,969,677 times
Well, youre going to have a problem identifying an illegal in the first place. You can hardly walk up to one and ask their immigration status. They may not use their real name etc.

Besides that, whats the point in having a list so that the Gov can ooh and aah at and not do a thing? If they wont put money into making borders secure / paying border control proper money for a dangerous job and giving them supplies the Gov is hardly gonna fork out cash for this,

Old 07-26-2007, 07:41 AM

354 posts, read 225,004 times
Here ya go. It is something, at the very least.

WeHireAliens.com--Illegal Alien Employer Database brought to you by the FIRE Coalition

Old 07-26-2007, 11:53 AM

Default Blockbuster of a GOOD IDEA

I know this won't be popular, but it's an idea. What if we required ALL US CITIZENS to submit to being tatooed on the wrist (right or left, I don't care)--and then have a small computer chip painlessly implanted in each person's left ear lobe, and his/her fingerprints installed in a nationwide data base, which could be cross-referenced with his/her "iris" (eye pattern). This data would allow each of us to be "tracked" 24 hours per day by means of GPS technology. That way, anyone NOT SHOWING UP on the data base, could be ASSUMED to be illegal, and treated as such, without violating HIS (the illegal's) civil rights! After all, they could hardly complain that we WEREN'T keeping track of them, could they?
Is this a good idea? Does anyone see a problem with this? Any objections?..as my first grade teacher used to say, "If you don't have ANYTHING to HIDE, you shouldn't mind being checked up on"...

Old 07-26-2007, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOHIllbillyWoman View Post
That's a nice start!

Old 07-26-2007, 01:58 PM

354 posts, read 225,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I know this won't be popular, but it's an idea. What if we required ALL US CITIZENS to submit to being tatooed on the wrist (right or left, I don't care)--and then have a small computer chip painlessly implanted in each person's left ear lobe, and his/her fingerprints installed in a nationwide data base, which could be cross-referenced with his/her "iris" (eye pattern). This data would allow each of us to be "tracked" 24 hours per day by means of GPS technology. That way, anyone NOT SHOWING UP on the data base, could be ASSUMED to be illegal, and treated as such, without violating HIS (the illegal's) civil rights! After all, they could hardly complain that we WEREN'T keeping track of them, could they?
Is this a good idea? Does anyone see a problem with this? Any objections?..as my first grade teacher used to say, "If you don't have ANYTHING to HIDE, you shouldn't mind being checked up on"...
So much BS of course. Why in the hell should we give up our privacy because so many coward Americans want illegals in this country and aren't willing to do a thing about protecting their own country. Of course then we also have agitators from other countries.

Old 07-26-2007, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOHIllbillyWoman View Post
So much BS of course. Why in the hell should we give up our privacy because so many coward Americans want illegals in this country and aren't willing to do a thing about protecting their own country. Of course then we also have agitators from other countries.
Well, at least I'm TRYING to come up with a solution---I guess this means you wouldn't like my other idea---I thought if ALL OF US got together (I know this is going to sound wierd, but allow me to finish..) and we PAINTED GRAFFITI all over our homes, our neighborhoods, and our freeway bridges, maybe...just MAYBE, the gang-bangers would get SO TIRED of SEEING it, that they'd stop their OWN graffiti attacks.....Don't knock MY ideas, please, until you can at least come up with a better one....

Old 07-26-2007, 02:57 PM

6,739 posts, read 8,541,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Well, at least I'm TRYING to come up with a solution---I guess this means you wouldn't like my other idea---I thought if ALL OF US got together (I know this is going to sound wierd, but allow me to finish..) and we PAINTED GRAFFITI all over our homes, our neighborhoods, and our freeway bridges, maybe...just MAYBE, the gang-bangers would get SO TIRED of SEEING it, that they'd stop their OWN graffiti attacks.....Don't knock MY ideas, please, until you can at least come up with a better one....
They would just paint over the graffiti with their gang crap. I do understand where you're coming from though....

No way would I allow someone to shove a tracking device in my body, Heck no way -

Honestly, I don't know of a solution because our own Gov't isn't doing anything to help the situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or