U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-17-2011, 07:42 AM
 
9,243 posts, read 7,099,270 times
Reputation: 2199

Advertisements

What I don't get is why are they marching with foreign flags demanding to stay here?

Also why are they using the same old story we are a nation of immigrants so in return we should legalize illegal immigration.

Every nation on earth is a nation of immigrants.

There is no melting pot if the majority is from one side of the border
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-17-2011, 08:00 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Reputation: 22158
Once legalized they can begin to sponsor many relatives, aging grandparents, parents, and the whole family chain migration can benefit with access to all the entitlement programs.

Over a third of the US population now lives on entitlements, there is no job growth but these people want in on the easy life of welfare handouts. They are not coming for jobs. They are coming because welfare makes jobs unnecessary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2011, 08:05 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
What I don't get is why are they marching with foreign flags demanding to stay here?

Also why are they using the same old story we are a nation of immigrants so in return we should legalize illegal immigration.

Every nation on earth is a nation of immigrants.

There is no melting pot if the majority is from one side of the border
That is why we are no longer a melting pot. When you have mostly one ethnic group coming here by the millions illegally then diversity and the melting pot disappears. They colonize rather than assimilate.

What burns my behind is when we are called racists and haters for objecting to the above and yet if Mexico were to be invaded illegally by millions of Chinese for example and thereby changing their native culture and language, those calliing us racists for objecting to having our demographics changed via illegal immigration would be screaming to high heavens. Nothing worse than hypocrites in my book. I don't object to natural change but there is nothing natural about illegal immigration.

Since when are any country's citizens racists and haters for wanting to retain their natural identity, culture and language and not lose it through illegal immigraton?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2011, 08:52 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Once legalized they can begin to sponsor many relatives, aging grandparents, parents, and the whole family chain migration can benefit with access to all the entitlement programs.

Over a third of the US population now lives on entitlements, there is no job growth but these people want in on the easy life of welfare handouts. They are not coming for jobs. They are coming because welfare makes jobs unnecessary.
Thatís it in a nutshell. We have NO jobs. Yet, they continue to come, because they know once they give birth on U.S. soil, theyíre home free Ė WIC, welfare, subsidized housing, Medicaid, etc. And, eventually, they can bring the entire crew to suck on the government teat. We have got to be the dumbest country on earth. A former poster had it right. We arenít Uncle Sam, weíre Uncle Sucker.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2011, 08:59 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
That is why we are no longer a melting pot. When you have mostly one ethnic group coming here by the millions illegally then diversity and the melting pot disappears. They colonize rather than assimilate.

What burns my behind is when we are called racists and haters for objecting to the above and yet if Mexico were to be invaded illegally by millions of Chinese for example and thereby changing their native culture and language, those calliing us racists for objecting to having our demographics changed via illegal immigration would be screaming to high heavens. Nothing worse than hypocrites in my book. I don't object to natural change but there is nothing natural about illegal immigration.

Since when are any country's citizens racists and haters for wanting to retain their natural identity, culture and language and not lose it through illegal immigraton?
They have no defense for their support of illegal aliens. So, the only thing they can do is try to demonize opponents. I have yet to hear even one offer a cogent justification for their stance. They canít.

Let them call us racists and haters. If we donít soon resolve this issue, they will see for themselves exactly what they supported, and it wonít be pretty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2011, 10:14 AM
 
Location: SouthCentral Texas
3,855 posts, read 4,086,323 times
Reputation: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Once legalized they can begin to sponsor many relatives, aging grandparents, parents, and the whole family chain migration can benefit with access to all the entitlement programs.

Over a third of the US population now lives on entitlements, there is no job growth but these people want in on the easy life of welfare handouts. They are not coming for jobs. They are coming because welfare makes jobs unnecessary.
Are you speaking of legalization in general or some other California bill [that offers legalization]than California's Finacial aid bills CA AB 130, and 131?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2011, 02:41 PM
 
Location: North Texas
23,599 posts, read 31,152,740 times
Reputation: 26668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Thatís it in a nutshell. We have NO jobs. Yet, they continue to come, because they know once they give birth on U.S. soil, theyíre home free Ė WIC, welfare, subsidized housing, Medicaid, etc. And, eventually, they can bring the entire crew to suck on the government teat. We have got to be the dumbest country on earth. A former poster had it right. We arenít Uncle Sam, weíre Uncle Sucker.
Too right. You hit the nail on the head (as usual).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-20-2011, 08:58 AM
 
Location: Native Floridian, USA
4,896 posts, read 5,866,353 times
Reputation: 6050
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Once legalized they can begin to sponsor many relatives, aging grandparents, parents, and the whole family chain migration can benefit with access to all the entitlement programs.

Over a third of the US population now lives on entitlements, there is no job growth but these people want in on the easy life of welfare handouts. They are not coming for jobs. They are coming because welfare makes jobs unnecessary.
Sorry, late post but I had to agree with this. WEll said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top