Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 05:46 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,312,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
It's not totally a liberal/conservative issue. I'm 100% against illegals and I'm a liberal. I know many other liberals who also respect the law in this regard.

Going in and changing the Constitution is wrong though. We've always given citizenship to anyone who is born here. We just need to stop the illegals from coming here in the first place and them most of that problem (if it is a problem) would go away.
Why is changing the Constitution wrong? You do know how many amendments we have had since it was written in its original form, don't you? Actually, it doesn't even need to be changed. Birthright citizenship needs to be re-interpeted the way it was meant to be. As was pointed out in here earlier by Benicar there hasn't even been a case test about children born on our soil from illegal aliens.

Part of being able to deter illegals from coming is to change birthright citizenship. It is one of the incentives that brings them here. "If coming here is a problem"? Yet you said you were 100% against illegals? Aren't you contradicting yourself?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2011, 06:35 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,490,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
It's not totally a liberal/conservative issue. I'm 100% against illegals and I'm a liberal. I know many other liberals who also respect the law in this regard.

Going in and changing the Constitution is wrong though. We've always given citizenship to anyone who is born here. We just need to stop the illegals from coming here in the first place and them most of that problem (if it is a problem) would go away.
MOST rich countrys dont have birthright today. Time for the USA to join them.

Old 03-18-2011, 07:35 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,550,135 times
[quote=knowledgeiskey;18327164]
Quote:
It's a civil penalty. There is no argument towards undocumented immigrants that's not based on bigotry.
This statement of course, taken as a true statement of your beliefs, indicates that you display bigotry on the subject, making any alleged legal arguement void on its face value.

Old 03-18-2011, 08:08 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,435,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
It's impossible to prove they crossed the border. Do you even know that most undocumented immigrants are visa overstays?

Bull, and you know it, talk to my Son and Cousin who are both border patrol agents, illegals cross this border illegally each and every day, and are armed, and are ready to go down with a fight, they do not want to be caught at any cost, believe me i know, i here the stories, And we do not have enough border patrol agents working our borders.

When you see them with your own eyes, i doubt it is impossible to prove they have broken our laws. Ignorance is bliss, and this is America's problem those who see no problem with illegals, and make the many excuses on their behalf. They come armed with guns, and even knives, so save your story for someone who will buy into it. And if they are not breaking any of our laws, why do they have to kill our American border patrol agents, if they are not breaking our laws.

Old 03-20-2011, 08:34 AM

Anyone else notice how the original poster has gone totally quite?

Licking his wounds after being thoroughly refuted perhaps?

Old 03-20-2011, 09:06 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,312,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Anyone else notice how the original poster has gone totally quite?

Licking his wounds after being thoroughly refuted perhaps?
Yes, and it happens just about everytime when those with that mindset get their arguments debunked. Once they see that their race card won't work in here they put their tails between their legs and leave.

Old 03-20-2011, 12:28 PM

27,116 posts, read 15,295,953 times
It's "Illegal", not "undocumented".

I always liked the example of a Drug Dealer not being an "Undocumented Pharmacist" to illustrate that.

Old 03-20-2011, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
It's "Illegal", not "undocumented".

I always liked the example of a Drug Dealer not being an "Undocumented Pharmacist" to illustrate that.

good analogy

Old 04-11-2011, 12:53 PM

44 posts, read 42,718 times
The pro-illegals are just making us look better with threads like this.

Old 04-11-2011, 01:55 PM

2,852 posts, read 6,482,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
There is no argument towards undocumented immigrants that's not based on bigotry.
I can provide you a number or arguments as to WHY disallowing ILLEGAL immigrants is not based on bigotry...

1. ANY person who wishes to immigrate to the United States MUST provide evidence that they have been properly vaccinated against communicable diseases and that they are ot CURRENTLY infected with a communicable disease, such as AIDS/HIV, TB, Hepatitis, etc...

2. ANY person who wishes to immigrate to the United States MUST be able to establish that they are MENTALLY fit.

3. ANY person wishing to immigrate to the United States MUST first be able to prove that they are not addicited to drugs, even prescription drugs such as codeine.

4. ANY person wishing to immigrate to the United States MUST be able to provide proof that they do not have a criminal record or any outstanding warrants.

5. ANY person wishing to immigrate to the United States MUST be able to show that they will be able to support themselves financially or have sponsors able to support them in order to prevent them from becoming a burden to the tax payer and society.

6. ANY person wishing to immigrate to the United States MUST declare if they are involved in any sort of political group or organization which could be considered a danger to our country and citizens. If they have been found to have had previous involvement with such groups they MUST be able to prove that they are no longer associated.

Those are not criteria based on BIGOTRY, but based on common sense and a need to protect the citizens who already live here!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration