Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 11:32 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,554,889 times

Advertisements

I think we would all be shocked if we knew the actual number of illegal aliens. Only the dimwitted or truly naive believe the 12 million we have heard for the past 15 years.

Quote:
For many years, the number of apprehensions at the border averaged about one million. When you then use the very conservative estimate that at least three times that many got away, over 22 years, along with all of the people who never return home after their visa has expired, you get a much different number.

Using the Border Patrol’s own data and considering the relative ease with which drug smugglers and illegal aliens make multiple crossings into this country, the more realistic number is much closer to 50-60 million.
Federal government is wrong on everything...number of illegal aliens is no exception - National Immigration reform | Examiner.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2011, 11:56 AM

2,526 posts, read 2,936,159 times
I think you're right about this. There is no simple explanation of how a particular ethnic group can have such an explosion in their population growth (latest US census) unless illegal migration plays a contributing factor.

I put the illegal alien population at 25 million (twice what the Fed's tell us). But I'm conservative...it's probably well beyond that...

Old 03-21-2011, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
I think you're right about this. There is no simple explanation of how a particular ethnic group can have such an explosion in their population growth (latest US census) unless illegal migration plays a contributing factor.

I put the illegal alien population at 25 million (twice what the Fed's tell us). But I'm conservative...it's probably well beyond that...
I am sure it is. The overnight transformation I have witnessed in certain areas in metro DC could ONLY have resulted from massive illegal immigration. There is no other plausible explanation.

Old 03-21-2011, 06:48 PM

3 posts, read 3,041 times
I have surfed the Department of Homeland Security site. There is little information on how to arrest illegals. Much on how to get assistance for illegals.

Old 03-22-2011, 09:00 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,833,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I think we would all be shocked if we knew the actual number of illegal aliens. Only the dimwitted or truly naive believe the 12 million we have heard for the past 15 years.

Federal government is wrong on everything...number of illegal aliens is no exception - National Immigration reform Examiner.com
where did this 1 millon apprehensions at the border figure come from. The post on VDARE.com's contention was that there were 463K apprehensions at the border for FY2010. NIR says 1 million...

No wonder there is so much confusion, these folks have major problems in reading and understanding simple information.

Quote:
Napolitano recently lowered that number to 10.8 million. However, the actual number is undoubtedly, at least four to five times higher.
One can argue the "actual" number is not known, or even that the actual or estimated number could be higher...but how did the reporter come to the 4 to 6 times higher equation? Undoubtedly is a poor choice of word.

Quote:
Using the Border Patrol’s own data and considering the relative ease with which drug smugglers and illegal aliens make multiple crossings into this country, the more realistic number is much closer to 50-60 million.
What Border Patrol data (numbers)? What document from the Border Patrol estimates the number of illegal aliens here in the US?

Old 03-22-2011, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
where did this 1 millon apprehensions at the border figure come from. The post on VDARE.com's contention was that there were 463K apprehensions at the border for FY2010. NIR says 1 million...

No wonder there is so much confusion, these folks have major problems in reading and understanding simple information.

One can argue the "actual" number is not known, or even that the actual or estimated number could be higher...but how did the reporter come to the 4 to 6 times higher equation? Undoubtedly is a poor choice of word.

What Border Patrol data (numbers)? What document from the Border Patrol estimates the number of illegal aliens here in the US?
Read the article. It explains the methodology.

Old 03-22-2011, 12:25 PM

50,239 posts, read 46,991,184 times
Quote:
His number might be a bit high but it sure makes more sense than believing that we stop exactly half of the illegal criminals sneaking in or on an overstay. Overstays we can count. There is no way to get an accurate count of desperate criminals crawling through buck brush.

Old 03-23-2011, 12:52 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,043,506 times
Quote:
Wow...very credible source..."examiner"

I like this comment I found in the commentary section by jackbeninble:

Quote:
There is something suspicious about the math in this article. There are only about 100 million people in Mexico. So in order for an amnesty to result in adding 250 million people to the USA we are going to need to completely de-populate Mexico and all of Central America too. But, I do agree that the governments incredibly precise statistics are pretty suspect. If the government is able to count the legals then they should be able to arrest and deport them.
Yeah the methodology explains it!

Old 03-23-2011, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
Wow...very credible source..."examiner"

I like this comment I found in the commentary section by jackbeninble:

Yeah the methodology explains it!
Why don’t you explain how the technique used by the Border Patrol is wrong, rather than simply attacking the Examiner? We already know the Census Bureau can’t be trusted, given their colossal blunder in 1986. Remember, they estimated 1 million illegals, when in reality, the number requesting amnesty was THREE times that amount. Mind you, that does not include the untold number of reprobates who simply continued living here without legalization. Obviously, Census learned nothing, because they are still using the same failed methodology. I won’t even start on DHS.

Sorry zac, but there are many, many more illegals in this country than the government would have us believe. Even they know 12 million, or the “new” figure of 10.8 is a blatant lie. Don’t you live in CA? Be honest, you know you have at least 10 million illegals living there. Heck, we probably have at least 1.5 million in my small state of MD.

As for your quoted comments, it’s a simple math computation. If we have 30 million illegals currently in this country, and even half, or 15 million, sponsor even 10 family members, we will have an additional 150 million essentially overnight. If 20 million bring 10 people, we would have an additional 200 million. See, that wasn’t hard.

I will even reduce it to chain migration from 5 million illegals sponsoring 10 people. That would be 50 million addition people suddenly living in this country. Can we afford that? I think not. But, I realize you’re on a mission, so carry on.

BTW, you do know we have illegals from countries other than Mexico, don’t you?

Old 03-23-2011, 07:15 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,833,658 times
Quote:
Why don’t you explain how the technique used by the Border Patrol is wrong, rather than simply attacking the Examiner? We already know the Census Bureau can’t be trusted, given their colossal blunder in 1986. Remember, they estimated 1 million illegals, when in reality, the number requesting amnesty was THREE times that amount. Mind you, that does not include the untold number of reprobates who simply continued living here without legalization. Obviously, Census learned nothing, because they are still using the same failed methodology. I won’t even start on DHS.

Sorry zac, but there are many, many more illegals in this country than the government would have us believe. Even they know 12 million, or the “new” figure of 10.8 is a blatant lie. Don’t you live in CA? Be honest, you know you have at least 10 million illegals living there. Heck, we probably have at least 1.5 million in my small state of MD.

As for your quoted comments, it’s a simple math computation. If we have 30 million illegals currently in this country, and even half, or 15 million, sponsor even 10 family members, we will have an additional 150 million essentially overnight. If 20 million bring 10 people, we would have an additional 200 million. See, that wasn’t hard.

I will even reduce it to chain migration from 5 million illegals sponsoring 10 people. That would be 50 million addition people suddenly living in this country. Can we afford that? I think not. But, I realize you’re on a mission, so carry on.

BTW, you do know we have illegals from countries other than Mexico, don’t you?
Quote:
Simple doesn't equal correct.

..."and even half, or 15 million, sponsor even 10 family members".

Illegal aliens are not allowed to sponsor familly members.

A sponsor has to be a USC, an American born children currently over the age of 18, or a green card holder...all not illegal aliens.

"10 family members"

USC are only allowed to sponsor immediate and non-immediate relatives. Parents are immediate famly members...[2]. Wife...[1-at a time]

non-immediate relatives[sisters, brothers]. Taking into accout that this sponsorship takes on average 10 years.

All other relatives are not allowed.

That kinda cuts into that 200 million.

FAMILY IMMIGRATION: US CITIZEN SPONSOR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration