Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 08:49 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
Look at the pictures at the bottom of the article. The van had US Gov license plates. Their uniforms, if purchased online, would not have been mailed fedex or UPS to Latin America. Wouldn't this have been a red flag for our government officials to have to mail these uniforms to a foreign country? I'm unsure of this one but my feeling is that one must present a number from their military ID to be able to purchase those uniforms. Someone on this side had to do it for them. Someone who is a US citizen had to do it. I don't think they put the uniforms on after they crossed. I think they were "assisted" at the border. Do you not think that it would be a red flag for a BP officer at the line to see a van with government plates, all Hispanic military personnel, with the name "Perez" seamed? You don't think BP would have asked for their IDs at the line? A staff at the port of entry had to know what was going on and agreed to ignore the entrance of these individuals. Plain and simple...
Or, the uniforms could have been furnished by a “Perez” who currently serves in our military, who legally obtained the uniforms during a certain time span, and then had them delivered to Mexico by another traitor. Otherwise, why would they all contain the same name? Then, yet another traitor assisted them at the border. The possibilities are endless, frightening, and disgusting.

They should investigate every Perez in the Marines.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2011, 12:35 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,429,775 times
Isn't there a US Military Base in Porta Rico?

Old 03-23-2011, 03:50 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
And just what is the punishment for someone caught committing an act of war while wearing the uniform of another country?

Old 03-23-2011, 09:05 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
If these people would spend even a portion of their time making the same efforts to improve their own countries as they spend committing every kind of fraud and deception to get over here illegally, they could make real progress.

Old 03-25-2011, 10:01 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,107,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Isn't there a US Military Base in Porta Rico?
Puerto Rico is a US territory. It's residents are native born American citizens the same as the rest of us. Same for Guam, the US Virgin Islands, and the Northern Mariana Islands. American Samoans, Palauans, Marshall Islanders, and Micronesians are US nationals but this may change in the future.

My gut feeling is that one or both of the US citizens in the van were/are US Marines and provided the uniforms, the license plate, etc. This opens up a whole disturbing issue. Suppose a group like Al Qaeda was able to do this as well? the possibilities are endless.

Old 03-25-2011, 03:51 PM

98 posts, read 79,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Or, the uniforms could have been furnished by a “Perez” who currently serves in our military, who legally obtained the uniforms during a certain time span, and then had them delivered to Mexico by another traitor. Otherwise, why would they all contain the same name? Then, yet another traitor assisted them at the border. The possibilities are endless, frightening, and disgusting.

They should investigate every Perez in the Marines.

Although I'm almost certain your kidding I can pretty much tell you that the Corps wouldn't spend the time and resources to interview and investigate every Marine with the last name Perez. Also, assuming the uniforms were purchased by a current or former Marine, the last name isn't much of a clue to go on because Marines aren't prohibited from ordering name tapes with a name other than their own.

Old 03-25-2011, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike3531 View Post
Although I'm almost certain your kidding I can pretty much tell you that the Corps wouldn't spend the time and resources to interview and investigate every Marine with the last name Perez. Also, assuming the uniforms were purchased by a current or former Marine, the last name isn't much of a clue to go on because Marines aren't prohibited from ordering name tapes with a name other than their own.
No, I am NOT kidding. This is a serious breach of security. They not only had authentic Marine uniforms, but they also had a military vehicle and tags. This can’t be ignored. If a Marine is complicit in this scheme, he should be court-martialed and dishonorably discharged. He is a traitor, period.

Old 03-25-2011, 04:36 PM

98 posts, read 79,177 times
While I agree that if a Marine did actually help them they should be punished, the odds of finding out who that Marine may have been is slim to none.

Old 03-25-2011, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike3531 View Post
While I agree that if a Marine did actually help them they should be punished, the odds of finding out who that Marine may have been is slim to none.
That may be true. However, they should at least investigate to the best of their ability. These men could have easily been members of a terrorist group, carrying chemical weapons.

Old 03-25-2011, 06:35 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,841,462 times
Well apparently we're not too concerned as the majority were just let loose back across the border............
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration