Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 03:15 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,312,858 times

Advertisements

USCIS has taken steps to eliminate or decrease this rate of inaccurate authorizations. It is USCIS’ claim that most of these false authorizations are due to identity theft – as a result, USCIS is implementing a photo tool as part of E-Verify so that employers can match the photo of the documents submitted, with one in government records, and with the actual employee. Additionally, USCIS is attempting to integrate additional government databases to be able to provide more accurate and reliable information into E-Verify and increase its accuracy rate.

Report Highlights E-Verify Accuracy Problems
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2011, 03:18 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,420,740 times
This guy is just using examples. None of the advise given has even been tried, nor has any of these examples ever happened to this person.
It's all just a game to contradict each answer given, as if nothing works.

Old 03-24-2011, 03:28 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,362,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
USCIS has taken steps to eliminate or decrease this rate of inaccurate authorizations. It is USCIS’ claim that most of these false authorizations are due to identity theft – as a result, USCIS is implementing a photo tool as part of E-Verify so that employers can match the photo of the documents submitted, with one in government records, and with the actual employee. Additionally, USCIS is attempting to integrate additional government databases to be able to provide more accurate and reliable information into E-Verify and increase its accuracy rate.

Report Highlights E-Verify Accuracy Problems
We've discussed this, that only works if the new hire provides a list A federally issued document (permanent resident card, work authorization card, U.S. Passport, etc.) All the new hire has to provide are a stolen driver's license and a stolen Social Security Card and the photo tool cannot be used. So sorry, the system can still be beaten, and very very easily at that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
This guy is just using examples. None of the advise given has even been tried, nor has any of these examples ever happened to this person.
It's all just a game to contradict each answer given, as if nothing works.
Actually I spend alot of time investigating these cases and have spent enough time with it to know that it happens all-the-time. I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it's the truth. Most people who work with these processes with major U.S. corporations would tell you the same thing.

Old 03-24-2011, 04:02 PM

[quote=Slig;18425593]We've discussed this, that only works if the new hire provides a list A federally issued document (permanent resident card, work authorization card, U.S. Passport, etc.) All the new hire has to provide are a stolen driver's license and a stolen Social Security Card and the photo tool cannot be used. So sorry, the system can still be beaten, and very very easily at that.

Where does it say that in the link I provided?

Old 03-24-2011, 04:22 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,420,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slig View Post
We've discussed this, that only works if the new hire provides a list A federally issued document (permanent resident card, work authorization card, U.S. Passport, etc.)
Quote:
All the new hire has to provide are a stolen driver's license and a stolen Social Security Card and the photo tool cannot be used.
So sorry, the system can still be beaten, and very very easily at that.
And if the person being interviewed doesn't or can't provide this information, they shouldn't be hired, without exception.

Old 03-24-2011, 04:37 PM

3,390 posts, read 4,948,519 times
Quote:
I just find it odd that people on here confidently say they are able to run a business without hiring any illegals when it's basically impossible to do. Just because you use E-verify doesn't mean there aren't people who are being hired at your Company with a stolen ID. It would be more accurate for you to say that you do not knowingly hire them. I can assure you that pretty much every major corporation in America has illegal employees.
I can assure you that where I work there are no illegals employed. We do background checks on everyone employed, and for good reason. And how the hell is it IMPOSSIBLE (to you) to think nobody can run a business without hiring illegals?

Old 03-25-2011, 07:13 AM

[quote=chicagonut;18426045]
Quote:
We've discussed this, that only works if the new hire provides a list A federally issued document (permanent resident card, work authorization card, U.S. Passport, etc.) All the new hire has to provide are a stolen driver's license and a stolen Social Security Card and the photo tool cannot be used. So sorry, the system can still be beaten, and very very easily at that.

Where does it say that in the link I provided?
Do you base your life on what internet links tell you? Try actually using E-verify and you'll understand what I'm talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
And if the person being interviewed doesn't or can't provide this information, they shouldn't be hired, without exception.
They must provide an acceptable list A document or acceptable list B and list C documents for the I-9 form to be correctly filled out. If they aren't able to do this they cannot be hired. However, that doesn't mean they can't get away with stolen/altered documents...which is easily done if they produce a list B state issued photo ID which E-verify won't have on file. That will effectively skip over the photo tool portion of E-verify.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post
I can assure you that where I work there are no illegals employed. We do background checks on everyone employed, and for good reason. And how the hell is it IMPOSSIBLE (to you) to think nobody can run a business without hiring illegals?
Please explain this background check. How are you able to prevent somebody from being hired with somebody else's Identity? That would allow them to pass the background check. If you read my posts you'd see how it is impossible to avoid hiring illegals. People are going to fraud the system no matter what you do (unless you discriminate, which would be unlawful). The problem is with the current tools employers are allowed to use for hiring...they aren't sufficient.

Old 03-25-2011, 07:36 AM

[quote=Slig;18433742]
Quote:

Do you base your life on what internet links tell you? Try actually using E-verify and you'll understand what I'm talking about.

They must provide an acceptable list A document or acceptable list B and list C documents for the I-9 form to be correctly filled out. If they aren't able to do this they cannot be hired. However, that doesn't mean they can't get away with stolen/altered documents...which is easily done if they produce a list B state issued photo ID which E-verify won't have on file. That will effectively skip over the photo tool portion of E-verify.

Please explain this background check. How are you able to prevent somebody from being hired with somebody else's Identity? That would allow them to pass the background check. If you read my posts you'd see how it is impossible to avoid hiring illegals. People are going to fraud the system no matter what you do (unless you discriminate, which would be unlawful). The problem is with the current tools employers are allowed to use for hiring...they aren't sufficient.
So once there is an online photo feature built into e-verify what you are saying is that if a potential hire presents a DL with a picture on it it won't be compared to the picture online? I don't believe that for one moment. What would be the purpose of the online photo feature then? There must be other ways of catching those who present someone elses I.D. or a fake one when there isn't a phono I.D. online. Me thinks thou doth protest too much. Right now from what I have read 54% of fakers aren't caught and are deemed authorized to work. That means that nearly half are caught. That is a whole lot better than nothing. I would imagine that once the online photos are built into e-verify that even more fakers will be caught.

Old 03-25-2011, 09:19 AM

Quote:

So once there is an online photo feature built into e-verify what you are saying is that if a potential hire presents a DL with a picture on it it won't be compared to the picture online?
BINGO. That's exactly what I'm saying. E-Verify only has access to Federally issued documents. They don't have copies of state issued IDs, (AKA Driver's licenses). Hence, if that is the document provided for the I-9 when the individual is hired, that feature will be skipped over when you enter all the information into E-verify. With 100% confidence I'm telling you, that's what happens.

Quote:
What would be the purpose of the online photo feature then? There must be other ways of catching those who present someone elses I.D. or a fake one when there isn't a phono I.D. online. Me thinks thou doth protest too much. Right now from what I have read 54% of fakers aren't caught and are deemed authorized to work. That means that nearly half are caught. That is a whole lot better than nothing. I would imagine that once the online photos are built into e-verify that even more fakers will be caught.
Yes, there are many ways they can be caught, but there are glaring holes in the system that are well known on the black market and most "micas" or fake/stolen documents that are now created on the black market are specifically designed to allow people to get through these holes. Wherever you live I'm sure there is a place where anybody can go and buy a mica at an affordable price. In my neighborhood you can buy them at an intersection like a mile down the street from where I live. These people aren't stupid, and once more catch on that 54% is going to plummet.

By the way, that photo tool is already included in E-Verify, but like I said, the option is skipped over if the applicant does not produce a federally issued document such as a permanent residency card, U.S. Passport or employment authorization card.

Old 03-25-2011, 09:24 AM

Quote:
BINGO. That's exactly what I'm saying. E-Verify only has access to Federally issued documents. They don't have copies of state issued IDs, (AKA Driver's licenses). Hence, if that is the document provided for the I-9 when the individual is hired, that feature will be skipped over when you enter all the information into E-verify. With 100% confidence I'm telling you, that's what happens.

Yes, there are many ways they can be caught, but there are glaring holes in the system that are well known on the black market and most "micas" or fake/stolen documents that are now created on the black market are specifically designed to allow people to get through these holes. Wherever you live I'm sure there is a place where anybody can go and buy a mica at an affordable price. In my neighborhood you can buy them at an intersection like a mile down the street from where I live. These people aren't stupid, and once more catch on that 54% is going to plummet.

By the way, that photo tool is already included in E-Verify, but like I said, the option is skipped over if the applicant does not produce a federally issued document such as a permanent residency card, U.S. Passport or employment authorization card.
As a "loyal" American then what would you recommend to make e-verify work better? I would recommend that state DL photos be implemented into the program. What say you?

By the way, most already do know how to buy fake DL and I.D.'s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration