U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-24-2011, 10:29 AM
 
Location: Phoenix,Arizona
3,717 posts, read 4,496,089 times
Reputation: 3617

Advertisements

The president appears to think momentum is on his side, saying the American people can rally behind a strong immigration reform effort. He will be testing that theory again when he speaks out on the issue and notes one of the things people always underestimate him on is "how persistent I am."
Read more: Obama Challenges GOP on Immigration - FoxNews.com

President Obama Discusses Immigration and Reform Plans in El Salvador - FoxNews.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-24-2011, 11:00 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Reputation: 3028
He is probably responding to the new Census data being covered by the media. According to the data, we now have 50 million “Hispanics” in this country, and 1 out of 4 children being born here are to Hispanic parents. Of course, no mention of the percentage of the children born to illegal aliens, or the percentage of the 50 million who are actually here illegally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-24-2011, 11:26 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
He is probably responding to the new Census data being covered by the media. According to the data, we now have 50 million “Hispanics” in this country, and 1 out of 4 children being born here are to Hispanic parents. Of course, no mention of the percentage of the children born to illegal aliens, or the percentage of the 50 million who are actually here illegally.
I am willing to bet that at least half of them are illegal aliens and a large percentage of babies born to them are anchors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-24-2011, 12:00 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I am willing to bet that at least half of them are illegal aliens and a large percentage of babies born to them are anchors.
Unfortunately, you would win the bet. Clearly, the surge in Hispanic births, and the extraordinary growth of Hispanics during the past decade, is fueled by illegal immigration.

I saw a lady on TV who could hardly contain herself. She was absolutely ecstatic over the prospect of a future Hispanic majority. In fact, she stated, and I paraphrase, “This is the ‘new’ America.” “We will hold the political clout in this country, and any politician who hopes to be elected MUST recognize our dominance.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-24-2011, 12:43 PM
 
Location: City of Pittsburgh, Pa
10 posts, read 13,539 times
Reputation: 15
How wonderful is that....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-24-2011, 12:46 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Unfortunately, you would win the bet. Clearly, the surge in Hispanic births, and the extraordinary growth of Hispanics during the past decade, is fueled by illegal immigration.

I saw a lady on TV who could hardly contain herself. She was absolutely ecstatic over the prospect of a future Hispanic majority. In fact, she stated, and I paraphrase, “This is the ‘new’ America.” “We will hold the political clout in this country, and any politician who hopes to be elected MUST recognize our dominance.”
What an egotistical, racist, ethnocentric POS she is! Why would anyone with any morals and scruples brag about their ethnic group becoming the majority in a country via illegal immigration and then heartlessly rub it in the noses of the citizens of that country?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-24-2011, 01:22 PM
 
Location: Maryland
18,563 posts, read 15,774,500 times
Reputation: 6259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
The president appears to think momentum is on his side, saying the American people can rally behind a strong immigration reform effort. He will be testing that theory again when he speaks out on the issue and notes one of the things people always underestimate him on is "how persistent I am."
Read more: Obama Challenges GOP on Immigration - FoxNews.com

President Obama Discusses Immigration and Reform Plans in El Salvador - FoxNews.com
Please. His political capital is depleting faster than you can say Qaddafi. He can't get it pass the House and even in the Senate there will be at least 5 Dems against it.

The newest Census numbers, I believe, has turn the tables. People do not like the fundamental change is going on in this country and are going to fight back against the elites.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-24-2011, 03:31 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
What an egotistical, racist, ethnocentric POS she is! Why would anyone with any morals and scruples brag about their ethnic group becoming the majority in a country via illegal immigration and then heartlessly rub it in the noses of the citizens of that country?
Of course she referred to them as “immigrants.” The smirk on her face was nauseating. They later interviewed one of Janet Murguia’s minions. She was also rather giddy. I’m sure there will be others interviewed later, as they are all discussing the changing demographics. They said even the Census Bureau was shocked at the results.

I have always been in the minority, so I don’t care who is in the majority. However, our demographics should not be influenced by massive illegal immigration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-24-2011, 03:58 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Of course she referred to them as “immigrants.” The smirk on her face was nauseating. They later interviewed one of Janet Murguia’s minions. She was also rather giddy. I’m sure there will be others interviewed later, as they are all discussing the changing demographics. They said even the Census Bureau was shocked at the results.

I have always been in the minority, so I don’t care who is in the majority. However, our demographics should not be influenced by massive illegal immigration.
What is so hypocritical about it is that if millions of Chinese invaded Mexico and thereby changing their demographics, culture and language and they became the minority in their own country these same people would be having a fit and so would the Mexicans in Mexico. I can't stand these arrogant, anti-American, two-faced racists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-24-2011, 04:01 PM
 
Location: Maryland
18,563 posts, read 15,774,500 times
Reputation: 6259
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
What is so hypocritical about it is that if millions of Chinese invaded Mexico and thereby changing their demographics, culture and language and they became the minority in their own country these same people would be having a fit and so would the Mexicans in Mexico. I can't stand these arrogant, anti-American, two-faced racists.
Or Haitians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top