Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 11:01 AM

915 posts, read 3,179,588 times

Advertisements

I am not here to agreed to any amnesty. It just shows how our immigration is so messed up. We rather spent the time to deport someone that served the country in WW2 and been in here since 1900s...than deporting the latinos or Obama's Aunt just because he is happened to be white and no ACLU or Obama power to supports him....

p/s I am minority myself and I hate the ACLU!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2011, 01:53 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,663,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReefAreCoolToo View Post
Now this is messed up. Maybe they should be as strict to those in the southern borders! I thought if you served in military, you will get your citizenship automatically even backdated?

WWII vet discovers heā€™s not a U.S. citizen - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookout/20110324/us_yblog_thelookout/wwii-vet-discovers-hes-not-a-u-s-citizen - broken link)
This is not saying he is here illegally, his parents screwed up. I doubt he will ever or ever would have been deported. This is just another example of too much news because there has to be 24/7 coverage everywhere.

Nita

Old 03-31-2011, 02:03 PM

234 posts, read 241,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Gotta love how the amnesty lobby seeks to capitalize on every story which they think will help their cause. Only to find out it has nothing to do with them.
I'm not even sure how you came to that conclusion other than to 'assume' which seems to be the modus operandi around here!

Old 03-31-2011, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
This is not saying he is here illegally, his parents screwed up. I doubt he will ever or ever would have been deported. This is just another example of too much news because there has to be 24/7 coverage everywhere.

Nita
Since his parents screwed up he should not be the one to suffer the consequences. IThe same applies to children who're born in the USA to an illegal immigrant mother.

It's not their fault as to why the child is labeled an anchor baby and vehemently attacked as a non-citizen or other excuse that's commonly mentioned about these children.

They're American Citizens!

Old 03-31-2011, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico from East Los View Post
Since his parents screwed up he should not be the one to suffer the consequences. IThe same applies to children who're born in the USA to an illegal immigrant mother.

It's not their fault as to why the child is labeled an anchor baby and vehemently attacked as a non-citizen or other excuse that's commonly mentioned about these children.

big difference; his parents were American citizens..

Can you live in Mexico illegally and have a child there just to make sure that kid is a Mexican citizen? Of course not, infact you would be thorwn in jail for living there illegally. What about Canada? Same thing. Do you know America is one of the very few countries that says a baby born to illegals is a citizen of our country. Yes, we all know this is the law, but it needs to be changed.

Nita

Old 03-31-2011, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
big difference; his parents were American citizens..

Can you live in Mexico illegally and have a child there just to make sure that kid is a Mexican citizen? Of course not, infact you would be thorwn in jail for living there illegally. What about Canada? Same thing. Do you know America is one of the very few countries that says a baby born to illegals is a citizen of our country. Yes, we all know this is the law, but it needs to be changed.

Nita
One can become a US Citizen by two means, Jus sanguinis or Jus soli in the USA. Children born on US soil by an illegal alien mother become citizens via Jus soli.

If America can change this then change it as it will not effect me or my family!

Old 03-31-2011, 07:26 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,312,858 times
Quote:

If being given the birthright of their parent's homeland is some kind of negative consequence I'd like to know how unless it is because they won't be entitled to welfare for 18 years. It isn't the anchor that is being attacked it is their parents. They are American citizens due to the misinterpretation of the 14th and the unlawful behavior of their parents.

Old 04-01-2011, 07:05 AM

Quote:
One can become a US Citizen by two means, Jus sanguinis or Jus soli in the USA. Children born on US soil by an illegal alien mother become citizens via Jus soli.

If America can change this then change it as it will not effect me or my family!
Thank you for the civic lesson..but I am very much aware of how people can become legal citizens. This doesn't make it right and like so many laws, it was adopted, originally for a very good reason, now it is being misused.

My feeling happens to be: the only people who agree with what is happening in this country are those who, either here illegally themselves or have family and friends here illegally. Most Americans including many Mexicans I know want to see changes in this law. As I have already stated, we are one of only a handful of countries that have this outdated law.
Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration