U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-29-2007, 02:09 AM
 
Location: Cuernavaca, Mexico
180 posts, read 89,615 times
Reputation: 24

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingler View Post
Studies have shown that 10% of the total workforce of the great State of Arizona are illegal aliens.
Hmmmm... aliens, eh? Maybe … (hick…) they cross'd o’er from Roswell… I got me a theory: ya e’er seen th' resemblance ‘tween one of 'em sombreros an’ a flyin’ saucer? (hick…)

(Just kidding there, Dingler )

Last edited by MexicanGuy; 07-29-2007 at 02:28 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-29-2007, 07:05 AM
 
Location: Midwest
6,739 posts, read 8,540,895 times
Reputation: 16512
Just thought I'd throw this in this thread - It's a defination.......Since the term Illegal Alien was posted -

ILLEGAL ALIEN: An "illegal alien" is a foreigner who (1) does not owe allegiance to our country; and (2) who has violated our laws and customs in establishing residence in our country. He or she is therefore a criminal under applicable U.S. laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2007, 08:24 AM
 
Location: In an illegal immigrant free part of the country.
2,087 posts, read 1,052,974 times
Reputation: 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingler View Post
Studies have shown that 10% of the total workforce of the great State of Arizona are illegal aliens. That is alot of workers and would be hard to replace. I hate the illegals as much as anyone but wonder how places like Arizona would handle losing 10% of their work force if the government actually did crack down on illegal immigration.

I suspect that restaurants, retail, manufacturing, landscaping and construction companies would really suffer with at least 40% of their current workforce being illegal.

Please give sincere advance to the Arizona business community.
They say there is at 14 million Americans that are unemployed and 12 millon illegal mexicans have their jobs. We would still have a surplus of legal American workers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2007, 08:32 AM
 
Location: In an illegal immigrant free part of the country.
2,087 posts, read 1,052,974 times
Reputation: 382
I may not have this totally correct but in Canada a farmer must contact the government and tell them how many "workers" they need. The government contacts the country where these workers would come from. The farmer must pay for their travel there and back (probably deducts it from their pay) house them and must assure they return to their country after harvest.

We should be doing the same thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2007, 07:05 PM
 
Location: Cuernavaca, Mexico
180 posts, read 89,615 times
Reputation: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
Just thought I'd throw this in this thread - It's a defination.......Since the term Illegal Alien was posted -

ILLEGAL ALIEN: An "illegal alien" is a foreigner who (1) does not owe allegiance to our country; and (2) who has violated our laws and customs in establishing residence in our country. He or she is therefore a criminal under applicable U.S. laws.
If a friend from, lets say Sweden, was staying in your house, would you tell your friends “An alien friend is staying in my house” or “I have an alien visitor”?

Just because it’s a textbook definition doesn’t make it appropriate or helpful to quell the hate and prejudice reigning over this situation; you could refer to “illegal aliens” as “illegal immigrants” or “non-citizens”, and call all of them “lawbreakers”, if you like, reserving the use of the harsher term “criminal” to those who commit truly violent or atrocious crimes against individuals or society, such as murder, rape, robbery, drug dealing, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2007, 07:18 PM
 
Location: Occupied Territory
354 posts, read 224,915 times
Reputation: 72
And just because you don't personally like the definition or word doesn't make it wrong. They are illegal aliens and you need to get over it. That is what they are and that is not going to change no matter what little nice words you want to call them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2007, 07:29 PM
 
Location: Cuernavaca, Mexico
180 posts, read 89,615 times
Reputation: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOHIllbillyWoman View Post
And just because you don't personally like the definition or word doesn't make it wrong. They are illegal aliens and you need to get over it. That is what they are and that is not going to change no matter what little nice words you want to call them.
It's about not adding wood to the fire of racist hatred and discrimination. If the English language has such a rich vocabulary and offers so many different ways to say the same thing, why are so many bent on applying the worst possible terms to this matter? Well, maybe not the worst possible; maybe I should be glad you don’t call the “scum”.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2007, 07:35 PM
 
Location: Occupied Territory
354 posts, read 224,915 times
Reputation: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by MexicanGuy View Post
It's about not adding wood to the fire of racist hatred and discrimination. If the English language has such a rich vocabulary and offers so many different ways to say the same thing, why are so many bent on applying the worst possible terms to this matter? Well, maybe not the worst possible; maybe I should be glad you don’t call the “scum”.
Personally, I usually just call them ILLEGALS and sometimes Illegal Immigrants, but it matters not what they are called because the one thing they are is criminals. I would never call them scum, though some of that has come over the border also. I really don't care if you like me or like what I post and/or say because you are just another Mexicans trying your best to change our country into what you want it to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2007, 07:54 PM
 
Location: Cuernavaca, Mexico
180 posts, read 89,615 times
Reputation: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOHIllbillyWoman View Post
...you are just another Mexicans trying your best to change our country into what you want it to be.
You have the right to express your views on Mexico’s immigration policy, and I have the right to express mine regarding the United States’. The difference is that I criticize and attack the United States government’s deceitful stance on illegal immigration, which is aimed at helping big business exploit illegal workers; I don’t attack the American people, not even those who have small businesses or farms and hire illegal workers, because I know that they aren’t really responsible for this whole mess; like the illegal immigrants, many of them are simply caught up in all of it. The only Americans I attack are those who promote hatred and xenophobia, instead of addressing the root causes of this problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2007, 08:01 PM
 
Location: Occupied Territory
354 posts, read 224,915 times
Reputation: 72
I also have always stated in the political forum about how the government of our country is worth a piece of sh**. I don't like Democrats nor Republicans because they are two sides of the same coin. Yes, any business that hires illegals is responsible for a portion of the problem and should pay by losing his/her business and being jailed. The illegals are also responsible for the part they play in the whole mess. You see, that is what I discount anything you say because you are not willing to have the illegals accept their responswibility. There seems to be no personal responsibility in this country, or yours for that matter since you refuse to say that the iillegals are responsible for their own actions. The government is responsible, the employers are responsible and the illegals are responsible. It does not matter what you say but the facts are facts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top