U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-29-2007, 09:10 PM
 
Location: Cuernavaca, Mexico
180 posts, read 90,061 times
Reputation: 24

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOHIllbillyWoman View Post
The government is responsible, the employers are responsible and the illegals are responsible. It does not matter what you say but the facts are facts.
True; however, in my opinion, the most responsible parties—by far—are the governments and large corporations. Illegal immigrants and Americans who hire them are not doing the right thing, but they are a consequence of the government’s actions; so, the real fight should be taken to the governments, not the people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-29-2007, 09:29 PM
 
3,712 posts, read 5,717,538 times
Reputation: 1285
Quote:
Originally Posted by MexicanGuy View Post
You have the right to express your views on Mexico’s immigration policy, and I have the right to express mine regarding the United States’. The difference is that I criticize and attack the United States government’s deceitful stance on illegal immigration, which is aimed at helping big business exploit illegal workers; I don’t attack the American people, not even those who have small businesses or farms and hire illegal workers, because I know that they aren’t really responsible for this whole mess; like the illegal immigrants, many of them are simply caught up in all of it. The only Americans I attack are those who promote hatred and xenophobia, instead of addressing the root causes of this problem.
OK, let's address the root cause (your definition of the root cause): any business that hires illegals knowingly or unknowingly shall be fined $250,000 per illegal for the first offense. If the business is caught a second time, they lose their license and the top level of management goes to jail. As a result of this, jobs for illegals should dry up completely and since the illegals are 'only here to work', they all return to their home countries. Problem solved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2007, 09:32 PM
 
919 posts, read 1,670,463 times
Reputation: 478
I feel its not hateful or racist to call someone an "illegal alien" since there here illegally! there is anger and fustration. If all 20+ million went home tomorrow america will survive very well. maybe do even better. enough is enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2007, 10:46 PM
 
3,712 posts, read 5,717,538 times
Reputation: 1285
Quote:
Originally Posted by MexicanGuy View Post
True; however, in my opinion, the most responsible parties—by far—are the governments and large corporations. Illegal immigrants and Americans who hire them are not doing the right thing, but they are a consequence of the government’s actions; so, the real fight should be taken to the governments, not the people.
As a matter of fact, many Americans are doing just that- taking our fight to the US government. If you follow political news in the US, you may recall that the Comprehensive Immigration Reform and Amnesty Bill did not make it out of the Senate in late June. People want to know why our immigration laws that are already on the books are not being enforced. And many are very angry that we are in the mess we are because our government is too cowardly to stand up to business and special interests groups.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-30-2007, 02:07 AM
 
Location: In an illegal immigrant free part of the country.
2,087 posts, read 1,057,244 times
Reputation: 382
Illegal alien has nothing to do with their race. It has everything to do with their status in the country. Personally I don't care what someone calls someone that thumbed their nose at our laws and took another American's job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-30-2007, 02:11 AM
 
Location: Texas- moving back to New England!
556 posts, read 480,259 times
Reputation: 132
Default Check out California!

From the L.A. Times


1. 40% of all workers in L.A. County ( L.A. County has 10.2 million people) are working for cash and not paying taxes. This is because they are predominantly illegal immigrants working without a green card.

2. 95% of warrants for murder in Los Angeles are for illegal aliens.

3. 75% of people on the most wanted list in Los Angeles are illegal aliens

4. Over 2/3 of all births in Los Angeles County are to illegal alien Mexicans on Medi-Cal, whose births were paid for by taxpayers.

5. Nearly 35% of all inmates in California detention centers are Mexican nationals here illegally.

6. Over 300,000 illegal aliens in Los Angeles County are living in garages.

7. The FBI reports that half of all gang members in Los Angeles are most likely illegal aliens from south of the border.

8. Nearly 60% of all occupants of HUD properties are illegal.

9. 21 radio stations in L.A. are Spanish speaking.

10. In L.A. County 5.1 million people speak English,
3.9 million speak Spanish.
(There are 10.2 million people in L.A. County ).

(All of the above are from the Los Angeles Times)


Less than 2% of illegal aliens are picking our crops, but 29% are on welfare.


Over 70% of the United States ' annual population growth (and over 90% of California , Florida , and New York ) results from immigration.

29% of inmates in federal prisons are illegal aliens. < /FONT>

___________________________________
We are a bunch of fools for letting this continue.
WHY CAN'T WE SEND THEM HOME ??!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-30-2007, 02:39 AM
 
Location: Cuernavaca, Mexico
180 posts, read 90,061 times
Reputation: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
OK, let's address the root cause (your definition of the root cause): any business that hires illegals knowingly or unknowingly shall be fined $250,000 per illegal for the first offense. If the business is caught a second time, they lose their license and the top level of management goes to jail. As a result of this, jobs for illegals should dry up completely and since the illegals are 'only here to work', they all return to their home countries. Problem solved.
I bet you that, if the U.S. government really cracked down on those hiring illegal immigrants, many would return to Mexico. Many others would try to stay in the United States and “rough it out”, which is why another part of a solution would need to be to repatriate them. After that, I believe the United States would have to bring some of them back—this time legally and under the vigilance of guest worker programs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-30-2007, 07:18 AM
 
Location: Midwest
6,739 posts, read 8,553,914 times
Reputation: 16512
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torrey View Post
From the L.A. Times


1. 40% of all workers in L.A. County ( L.A. County has 10.2 million people) are working for cash and not paying taxes. This is because they are predominantly illegal immigrants working without a green card.

2. 95% of warrants for murder in Los Angeles are for illegal aliens.

3. 75% of people on the most wanted list in Los Angeles are illegal aliens

4. Over 2/3 of all births in Los Angeles County are to illegal alien Mexicans on Medi-Cal, whose births were paid for by taxpayers.

5. Nearly 35% of all inmates in California detention centers are Mexican nationals here illegally.

6. Over 300,000 illegal aliens in Los Angeles County are living in garages.

7. The FBI reports that half of all gang members in Los Angeles are most likely illegal aliens from south of the border.

8. Nearly 60% of all occupants of HUD properties are illegal.

9. 21 radio stations in L.A. are Spanish speaking.

10. In L.A. County 5.1 million people speak English,
3.9 million speak Spanish.
(There are 10.2 million people in L.A. County ).

(All of the above are from the Los Angeles Times)


Less than 2% of illegal aliens are picking our crops, but 29% are on welfare.


Over 70% of the United States ' annual population growth (and over 90% of California , Florida , and New York ) results from immigration.

29% of inmates in federal prisons are illegal aliens. < /FONT>

___________________________________
We are a bunch of fools for letting this continue.
WHY CAN'T WE SEND THEM HOME ??!!!
It's despicable -


Quote:
Less than 2% of illegal aliens are picking our crops, but 29% are on welfare.


Gee, Why Does this not shock me?????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-30-2007, 08:58 AM
 
Location: Occupied Territory
354 posts, read 226,010 times
Reputation: 72
The fines do not work on the employers.

You need to take their business away and auction it off to the highest bidder for the hiring of illegals. Then take the money from the auction to help defray the costs of said illegals. On top of that, the business owner should have to pay out his/her pocket the medical costs of all of those illegals that used the emergency rooms and such, and we all know they did.

I am sick to death of Americans that are refused healthcare but an illegal gets it without any questions asked. YES, it is happening and it happens all over this country. Illegals, especially if they happen to be Spanish speaking do get preferential treatment when it comes to healthcare, especially in the southwest. This I know because of when I had cancer. Luckily we had and do have insurance. It still cost us up our a**es to pay off what the insurance did not pay. They flatly told us that we had to pay more because of so many "indigent", a word used in place of illegal nowadays.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-30-2007, 09:32 AM
 
3,712 posts, read 5,717,538 times
Reputation: 1285
Quote:
Originally Posted by MexicanGuy View Post
I bet you that, if the U.S. government really cracked down on those hiring illegal immigrants, many would return to Mexico. Many others would try to stay in the United States and “rough it out”, which is why another part of a solution would need to be to repatriate them. After that, I believe the United States would have to bring some of them back—this time legally and under the vigilance of guest worker programs.
It would not be necessary for us to bring any of the former illegal immigrants back. Any jobs available under a guest worker program could be easily filled by willing workers from any country in the world. Surely workers from countries that have not typically supplied large numbers of illegal immigrants are deserving of the chance to come here and work, making more money than they could earn in their home countries. And they would not claim that part of the US actually belongs to them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top