U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 10:45 AM

354 posts, read 225,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
It would not be necessary for us to bring any of the former illegal immigrants back. Any jobs available under a guest worker program could be easily filled by willing workers from any country in the world. Surely workers from countries that have not typically supplied large numbers of illegal immigrants are deserving of the chance to come here and work, making more money than they could earn in their home countries. And they would not claim that part of the US actually belongs to them.
How right you are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2007, 06:50 PM

180 posts, read 89,763 times
Quote:
It would not be necessary for us to bring any of the former illegal immigrants back. Any jobs available under a guest worker program could be easily filled by willing workers from any country in the world. Surely workers from countries that have not typically supplied large numbers of illegal immigrants are deserving of the chance to come here and work, making more money than they could earn in their home countries. And they would not claim that part of the US actually belongs to them.
I think it would be fairest if anyone who applied and was eligible for said guest worker programs was not denied the opportunity based on race or origin. However, if keeping the “browns” out is your true objective, you could favor Argentineans, for example.

Old 07-30-2007, 07:00 PM

354 posts, read 225,220 times
She never said such a thing. What she did say was that anyone thyat had been caught here as an illegal should not be allowed to become a guest worker. I agree with her. It is time that this country stop being so nice to the illegals and start treating them as the criminals they are.

Last edited by MOHIllbillyWoman; 07-30-2007 at 07:35 PM..

Old 07-30-2007, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOHIllbillyWoman View Post
MexicanGuy, you really do post some of the most racial and bigoted posts around, in a nice round about way of course. She never said such a thing. What she did say was that anyone thyat had been caught here as an illegal should not be allowed to become a guest worker. I agree with her. It is time that this country stop being so nice to the illegals and start treating them as the criminals they are.
Ever heard of the term “ulterior motive”?

Old 07-30-2007, 07:26 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,712,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MexicanGuy View Post
I think it would be fairest if anyone who applied and was eligible for said guest worker programs was not denied the opportunity based on race or origin. However, if keeping the “browns” out is your true objective, you could favor Argentineans, for example.
People who have not previously succumbed to the temptation to ignore the immigration laws of the US should have priority, IMO. Workers from India, Nigeria, Indonesia, Poland, Lithuania, Laos, Haiti, etc. should all be given an equal chance to come here. I can think of no reason why one geographic area should be preferred over another, can you?

Old 07-30-2007, 11:26 PM

Quote:
People who have not previously succumbed to the temptation to ignore the immigration laws of the US should have priority, IMO. Workers from India, Nigeria, Indonesia, Poland, Lithuania, Laos, Haiti, etc. should all be given an equal chance to come here. I can think of no reason why one geographic area should be preferred over another, can you?
“I think it would be fairest if anyone who applied and was eligible for said guest worker programs was not denied the opportunity based on race or origin.”

Which part of this sentence did you not understand?

Now, it’s pretty obvious that the reason why people from all those countries you mention haven’t emigrated to America is that most of them have great bodies of water between them and the United States—the Atlantic Ocean, for example—and are thousands of miles away. If they were next door to the United States, you can be sure they would have done pretty much the same thing as the Mexicans under the same circumstances. Besides, the American government and people in general were the first to succumb to the temptation to ignore the immigration laws of the United States, by letting all those immigrants enter illegally in order to have de facto slaves.

Last edited by MexicanGuy; 07-30-2007 at 11:40 PM..

Old 07-31-2007, 08:44 AM

Quote:
“I think it would be fairest if anyone who applied and was eligible for said guest worker programs was not denied the opportunity based on race or origin.”

Which part of this sentence did you not understand?
The purpose of this forum is the discussion of ideas. In your opinion, 'it would be fairest if anyone who applied and was eligible for said guest worker programs was not denied the opportunity based on race or origin'. In my opinion, priority should be given to workers who have not previously violated US immigration law. If it was so clearly obvious that your opinion of how the guest worker program should be administered was vastly superior to mine, then you would not find it necessary to resort to snide remarks and playing the race card.

Quote:
Now, it’s pretty obvious that the reason why people from all those countries you mention haven’t emigrated to America is that most of them have great bodies of water between them and the United States—the Atlantic Ocean, for example—and are thousands of miles away.
The playing field should be levelled. A worker from Malawi should have the same chance as everyone else to come to the US and pick apples for the season.
Quote:
If they were next door to the United States, you can be sure they would have done pretty much the same thing as the Mexicans under the same circumstances.
But their governments probably would not behave the way the Mexican gov. has- printing comic books exhorting people to illegally cross the border, complaining bitterly each time the US attempts to curb the flow of illegals, plunking 'Mexican consulates' all over the place, making no attempt ever to reimburse the US for the billions spent on medical care, incarceration, etc. for Mexican citizens in the US illegally, constantly reminding Mexicans that 'the gringo stole their land' and so forth. IMO, there are only a handful of countries that could be a worse neighbor.
Quote:
Besides, the American government and people in general were the first to succumb to the temptation to ignore the immigration laws of the United States, by letting all those immigrants enter illegally in order to have de facto slaves.
Somehow, I don't think most Americans consider many of the aspects of illegal immigration, such as ERs closing and school overcrowding, as some great temptation that they must resist. Nevertheless, you must be very pleased that with each passing day more US citizens are seeing the error of their ways and now insisiting that the immigration laws must be enforced. It is very important that the border be secured so that no one will end up in 'de facto slavery'. Never again! And the de facto slaves who are currently here must be freed from their bonds and returned to their home countries, where at least they will not be slaves.

Old 07-31-2007, 11:10 PM

Quote:
In my opinion, priority should be given to workers who have not previously violated US immigration law.
Quote:
The playing field should be levelled.
So which one is it? And how are you going to know if a Mexican who applies for a guest worker program has ever violated U.S. immigration law? Or are you going to base your judgment on race and origin? If you hate Mexicans, and believe that we are inherently and hopelessly corrupt and dishonest, then just say so.

Quote:
Somehow, I don't think most Americans consider many of the aspects of illegal immigration, such as ERs closing and school overcrowding, as some great temptation that they must resist.
Of course Americans don’t like that; those are the negative consequences of your government not enforcing its own immigration law and letting millions of people “sneak” in so that they could be exploited by the American economy in general. Most everyone shares some blame for the present problem—governments, special interest groups, businesses and average citizens, on both sides of the border.

Last edited by MexicanGuy; 08-01-2007 at 12:33 AM..

Old 08-01-2007, 06:12 AM

Quote:
So which one is it? And how are you going to know if a Mexican who applies for a guest worker program has ever violated U.S. immigration law? Or are you going to base your judgment on race and origin? If you hate Mexicans, and believe that we are inherently and hopelessly corrupt and dishonest, then just say so.
I am too busy worrying about how the pollen will get across the border if we build a fence.

Quote:
Of course Americans don’t like that; those are the negative consequences of your government not enforcing its own immigration law and letting millions of people “sneak” in so that they could be exploited by the American economy in general. Most everyone shares some blame for the present problem—governments, special interest groups, businesses and average citizens, on both sides of the border.
Oh, don't worry. Many Americans are FURIOUS at our government for having allowed things to deteriorate to this point and are taking action to make sure this 'open border' policy changes. Our representatives and senators hear about this all the time. We are on it like a hobo on a ham sandwich.

Old 04-23-2010, 03:37 PM

3,853 posts, read 3,163,124 times
Quote:
You have the right to express your views on Mexico’s immigration policy, and I have the right to express mine regarding the United States’. The difference is that I criticize and attack the United States government’s deceitful stance on illegal immigration, which is aimed at helping big business exploit illegal workers; I don’t attack the American people, not even those who have small businesses or farms and hire illegal workers, because I know that they aren’t really responsible for this whole mess; like the illegal immigrants, many of them are simply caught up in all of it. The only Americans I attack are those who promote hatred and xenophobia, instead of addressing the root causes of this problem.
Maybe you should attack your own Country and your own countrymens ignorance and make them realize they need to take care of their OWN problems instead of parasiting of Americans.If things were so fair and great in Mexico maybe your cast offs would stay.Honest Mexicans who come here LEGALLY are welcome.Those who do not respect our laws should leave.Mexico is responsible for their own problems instead they send them to the USA.Guess what? We're going to start sending them back,it's only a matter of time.BTW you should address Mexican Racism against Blacks,Central Americans,Whites,Asians and it's own Indians next time before you take on your holier then thou stance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or