U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-27-2007, 06:29 AM
 
Location: VA
786 posts, read 4,228,082 times
Reputation: 1071

Advertisements

Studies have shown that 10% of the total workforce of the great State of Arizona are illegal aliens. That is alot of workers and would be hard to replace. I hate the illegals as much as anyone but wonder how places like Arizona would handle losing 10% of their work force if the government actually did crack down on illegal immigration.

I suspect that restaurants, retail, manufacturing, landscaping and construction companies would really suffer with at least 40% of their current workforce being illegal.

Please give sincere advance to the Arizona business community.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-27-2007, 07:02 AM
 
Location: Colorado
10,017 posts, read 16,694,959 times
Reputation: 2086
Oh I think they would manage!!!! I lived there, many would be happy. Remember the day without an illgals, when they all protested? We did just fine, the only thing that closed was the mexican owned businesses. Which was fine other places to shop and eat. Where I live now, I was in shock by all the teenage kids working at fast food joints, or bagging at the grocery stores, we even have Americans framing homes!! Imagine that!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2007, 07:46 AM
 
Location: Arizona
5,396 posts, read 6,916,787 times
Reputation: 1197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingler View Post
Studies have shown that 10% of the total workforce of the great State of Arizona are illegal aliens. That is alot of workers and would be hard to replace. I hate the illegals as much as anyone but wonder how places like Arizona would handle losing 10% of their work force if the government actually did crack down on illegal immigration.

I suspect that restaurants, retail, manufacturing, landscaping and construction companies would really suffer with at least 40% of their current workforce being illegal.

Please give sincere advance to the Arizona business community.
Dingler...good point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2007, 07:53 AM
 
Location: Colorado
10,017 posts, read 16,694,959 times
Reputation: 2086
Just more lame excuses, for them. People get a back bone!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2007, 08:06 AM
 
Location: Occupied Territory
354 posts, read 225,004 times
Reputation: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
Dingler...good point.
Actually, it was not a good point at all.

The fact is that if any business supposedly can't run or make it without the help of illegals, whether it is them working there or being the consumer, then that bsuiness should not be in business. I love it when I read all of the LIES that so many tell the poor dumb people of this country that they must have the illegals to keep prices low and lies such as that. The fact is that the illegals cost us much more than they could save us and prices do not stay low because of them. ASnyone that has a lick of a brain knows better than the lies that they tell about illegals. I remember when American citizens did those jobs and they could and would do them again. Just pay them a decent wage. The only reason any7one wants illegals in this country is so that they can be treated like slaves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2007, 09:34 AM
 
Location: Midwest
6,739 posts, read 8,541,977 times
Reputation: 16512
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Remember the day without an illgals, when they all protested? We did just fine, the only thing that closed was the mexican owned businesses. Which was fine other places to shop and eat.
Correct!!!!!!

We managed and still would manage, without them.

You can't debate with a Pro Illegal lover.. I'm still waiting for the positives on these so called criminals being here. I haven't see any yet...

The businesses that are hiring said criminals - need to be punished and punished hard. Americans - can get the jobs they're entitled to, not said criminals ~
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2007, 09:55 AM
 
Location: Occupied Territory
354 posts, read 225,004 times
Reputation: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
Correct!!!!!!

We managed and still would manage, without them.

You can't debate with a Pro Illegal lover.. I'm still waiting for the positives on these so called criminals being here. I haven't see any yet...

The businesses that are hiring said criminals - need to be punished and punished hard. Americans - can get the jobs they're entitled to, not said criminals ~
BINGO!!!!!!!! Put a feather in your cap. You hit it right on the tip of the nail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2007, 11:31 AM
 
1,735 posts, read 4,137,914 times
Reputation: 1436
With the downturn in housing I think this is the first step in addressing that 10% number.
With the slow down in housing starts companies will have to start laying off employees. This will make a big dent in that 10% number.
Without jobs these people will have return home including their families. This will further reduce the 10% number by eliminating the support jobs that are required to support the no longer needed employees and their families.
e.g.
Fewer teachers will be needed
Fewer restaurants will be needed to feed the reduced population
Fewer used car dealers
Fewer government workers will be needed
Entire shopping centers will close
I could go on and on, but suffice to say with fewer people many of the support infrastructures will no longer be necessary.
Many of these legal support people will be absorbed into the jobs currently being staffed by illegals and although there may be some temporary problems they will work themselves out and AZ will be better off in the end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2007, 12:14 PM
 
2,432 posts, read 6,004,847 times
Reputation: 1009
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOHIllbillyWoman View Post
Actually, it was not a good point at all.

The fact is that if any business supposedly can't run or make it without the help of illegals, whether it is them working there or being the consumer, then that bsuiness should not be in business. I love it when I read all of the LIES that so many tell the poor dumb people of this country that they must have the illegals to keep prices low and lies such as that. The fact is that the illegals cost us much more than they could save us and prices do not stay low because of them. ASnyone that has a lick of a brain knows better than the lies that they tell about illegals. I remember when American citizens did those jobs and they could and would do them again. Just pay them a decent wage. The only reason any7one wants illegals in this country is so that they can be treated like slaves.

Absolutely 100% correct!

If the illegals were removed from the economy students, retired persons, the unemployed, underemployed would all pickup the slack. Would employers have to pay more? Of course the would, they would have to give better benefits as well to attract the best possible employees. People currently working two or three part-time jobs would be able to find a full-time job. Businesses wouldn't make as much money, the 99 cent illegal alien burger would cost a buck fifty. Our economy would probably slow down in the short run, GDP would level out somewhat, the treasury MIGHT see a slight turndown in revenue, but expenditures would dramatically decrease. Crime would drop all over America, our prisons, and jails would cost us much less to operate, local governments would save bundles in social in the costs associated with social programs. And thousands of Americans each year will not die or be victims of illegal alien crime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2007, 12:17 PM
 
3,712 posts, read 5,710,869 times
Reputation: 1285
In some areas non-violent offenders in prison are being used to harvest crops. IMO, this is a good way for them to help repay their debt to society and learn the value of a good day's work. It may even help reduce the crime rate when potential criminals realize that if they go to jail instead of watching TV all day and working out in the weight room they will have to pick asparagus from sunup to sundown.
Someone on the board posted this idea previously and I can't remember who it is. They suggested using the tremendous backlog of people waiting to come here legally, often for years, as a way to help deal with the temporary labor shortage. Make someone an offer: we can bring you over and right now if you will agree to pick strawberries for a year (or fill in any other job that an illegal might do). One year should be plenty of time for the employer to locate a US citizen to fill the position. Pay the new legal immigrant a fair wage and at the end of the year let them go. Might be worth considering.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top