U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 12-22-2015, 05:10 PM
 
25,341 posts, read 37,471,570 times
Reputation: 13261

Advertisements

I just posted this in another thread and I'm not sure how to handle the information....

We just got an application from a potential tenant and the husband is here on a scholarship, wife is home maker and has no SSN and no ITIN so we requested some other form of proof to be here legally and it is an I-20 which is for a student which according to the paperwork she isn't as she is a home maker and home staying mother of 1 and soon to be 2 kids.

Not sure what our next step is as we need to find out if we have to report this information of being here on an unused student visa or false visa as a home maker can't be here on a F1.

 
Old 12-22-2015, 05:13 PM
 
10,339 posts, read 7,596,357 times
Reputation: 4513
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I just posted this in another thread and I'm not sure how to handle the information....

We just got an application from a potential tenant and the husband is here on a scholarship, wife is home maker and has no SSN and no ITIN so we requested some other form of proof to be here legally and it is an I-20 which is for a student which according to the paperwork she isn't as she is a home maker and home staying mother of 1 and soon to be 2 kids.

Not sure what our next step is as we need to find out if we have to report this information of being here on an unused student visa or false visa as a home maker can't be here on a F1.
Isn't someone who is here on a student visa allowed to bring their family with them?
 
Old 12-22-2015, 05:14 PM
 
10,339 posts, read 7,596,357 times
Reputation: 4513
Half the people on this thread sound like you would have done just fine in Nazi Germany. It's the same mentality at work, don't you see it?
 
Old 12-22-2015, 05:59 PM
 
Location: Kansas
19,189 posts, read 14,062,995 times
Reputation: 18141
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Half the people on this thread sound like you would have done just fine in Nazi Germany. It's the same mentality at work, don't you see it?
What illegals immigrants went into Germany committing crimes and stealing identities and expecting someone else to raise the many children they had, you know, do they have that in Spanish "There was an old woman that lived in a shoe, she had so many children, she didn't know what to do - so, she crossed into the US so the taxpayers could pay to raise her children and to put money in her pocket she had 3 more children she couldn't afford all the while saying she came here to make a better life for her family on the taxpayer dime.

You obviously missed school or didn't have that offered where you grew up because you appear to know nothing about Nazi Germany. Come back after you "google".

Illegals go home, take your anchors, bugs, illnesses and pit bulls with you!!!
 
Old 12-22-2015, 06:11 PM
 
31,488 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Reputation: 8353
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Half the people on this thread sound like you would have done just fine in Nazi Germany. It's the same mentality at work, don't you see it?

No, I don't see it. Perhaps you could elaborate?
 
Old 12-22-2015, 06:25 PM
 
10,339 posts, read 7,596,357 times
Reputation: 4513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
No, I don't see it. Perhaps you could elaborate?
Find a group you don't like. De-humanize, stereotype and stigmatize them with evil qualities and blame them for all the ills of society and the economy. Never actually get to know them or find out what they are really doing in your country, or what horrible things in their own country they are escaping from. Refuse to believe that most likely they are just like you, trying to do the best they can for themselves and their families, only having the bad luck of being born in and starting out in bedeviled countries like the Honduras where families live in sewage-infested shacks on streets controlled by the deadliest drug cartels in the world. Hate them. Never befriend one. Discriminate against them. Don't provide them a leg up. No empathy. No compassion. Pat yourself on the back for being a good patriot and a proud good Christian and go to church on Sunday to pray about brotherly love (just not for those brothers, right?)

You do realize, that in Florida or in California, if illegal immigrants suddenly disappeared the agricultural industry in those states would simply collapse? Even Ben Carson has alluded to this. As well as probably the vast majority of roofing companies, construction, hotel cleaning services, restaurants (the stinky dirty jobs back in the kitchen), and any other stinky service industry that most americans turn their noses up at working at?

Last edited by ellemint; 12-22-2015 at 06:36 PM..
 
Old 12-22-2015, 08:56 PM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,282,218 times
Reputation: 5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Half the people on this thread sound like you would have done just fine in Nazi Germany. It's the same mentality at work, don't you see it?
Really? Seriously? Please NEVER bring up what Hitler and his boys did to INNOCENT people who OBEYED the laws of Germany to more and more countries kicking OUT illegal aliens, Ok?
 
Old 12-22-2015, 08:59 PM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,282,218 times
Reputation: 5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Find a group you don't like. De-humanize, stereotype and stigmatize them with evil qualities and blame them for all the ills of society and the economy. Never actually get to know them or find out what they are really doing in your country, or what horrible things in their own country they are escaping from. Refuse to believe that most likely they are just like you, trying to do the best they can for themselves and their families, only having the bad luck of being born in and starting out in bedeviled countries like the Honduras where families live in sewage-infested shacks on streets controlled by the deadliest drug cartels in the world. Hate them. Never befriend one. Discriminate against them. Don't provide them a leg up. No empathy. No compassion. Pat yourself on the back for being a good patriot and a proud good Christian and go to church on Sunday to pray about brotherly love (just not for those brothers, right?)

You do realize, that in Florida or in California, if illegal immigrants suddenly disappeared the agricultural industry in those states would simply collapse? Even Ben Carson has alluded to this. As well as probably the vast majority of roofing companies, construction, hotel cleaning services, restaurants (the stinky dirty jobs back in the kitchen), and any other stinky service industry that most americans turn their noses up at working at?
Please PROVE what you just said. MOST farm workers are either legal aliens or US citizens. So wages go UP; big deal. Not.

Honduras: let the rest of LatAm help out the people who have it bad there. I feel the SAME way about scads of Muslims running away from the Middle East to the "Infidel" world. Let me guess: other Muslim countries ain't good enough?
 
Old 12-22-2015, 11:42 PM
 
10,339 posts, read 7,596,357 times
Reputation: 4513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Please PROVE what you just said. MOST farm workers are either legal aliens or US citizens. So wages go UP; big deal. Not.

Honduras: let the rest of LatAm help out the people who have it bad there. I feel the SAME way about scads of Muslims running away from the Middle East to the "Infidel" world. Let me guess: other Muslim countries ain't good enough?
It's all just one world with man-made divisions.

Why shouldn't countries that are dripping with affluence take in people from countries where people are being slaughtered and fear for their lives, like in syria? I agree that affluent Middle Eastern countries like Saudi Arabia should be taking in more Syrians for example. But this is a land of abundance (compared to much of the world)---there is no reason to become isolationist and close our borders to people in need.
 
Old 12-23-2015, 04:37 AM
 
10,830 posts, read 3,806,238 times
Reputation: 4696
When the liberals run out of arguments, they bring up the Nazis.

Never fails.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top